Lost Swords

Would you be fighting with your $100 character?

Hunh, touché.

Anyway, if enough people fork over the cash for her, Project Soul may just perhaps decide to add her to the next installment due to her popularity. Which would make me happier than a clam.

SO TO EVERYBODY READING THIS: Stop what you're doing right this instant and buy Mi-na. Thx.

Indeed, it's shameful InsaneKhent has money to spend. To him, the time spent unlocking her is worth more than the money spent.
And with that, this game is pure nostalgia and Namco knows it. They know they can bank on people's attachment towards characters, so charge money for a character 1/4 the price of a fucking console and people will eat it up. This is why a lot of people don't like Free-to-Plays and DLCs and supporting THIS only brings more of it. As much as I like to support developers, letting them think it's okay to do this and encourage more of it isn't something I look forward to.

And with that, this game is pure nostalgia and Namco knows it. They know they can bank on people's attachment towards characters, so charge money for a character 1/4 the price of a fucking console and people will eat it up. This is why a lot of people don't like Free-to-Plays and DLCs and supporting THIS only brings more of it. As much as I like to support developers, letting them think it's okay to do this and encourage more of it isn't something I look forward to.

Actually my friend InsaneKhent showed me this. It's good to know you disagree with everyone for no reason. Also your point doesn't quite work since people can unlock Mina for free. He just didn't want to.

Actually my friend InsaneKhent showed me this. It's good to know you disagree with everyone for no reason. Also your point doesn't quite work since people can unlock Mina for free. He just didn't want to.
It doesn't make it any better if you can unlock her for free. I disagree because it's ridiculous for a character to cost that high. And of all the prices, 100 and not anything more reasonable? It's shocking some people would be okay with that given the already expensive shit in this game, but hey.

And it's nice to know you feel the need to follow me.

There's no chance I'd pay that much for any character, but at least the money goes directly to support Soul Calibur. If people dislike the price and want Namco to be friendlier, then go complain to Namco on Facebook or Twitter. Ranting on forums doesn't help much.

$90 bucks guarantees seung mina unlock key ?
The only way to unlock Mina right now is to buy 12 premium chests 3 times, which costs 90 USD in total (and costs even more outside US).

There's no chance I'd pay that much for any character, but at least the money goes directly to support Soul Calibur. If people dislike the price and want Namco to be friendlier, then go complain to Namco on Facebook or Twitter. Ranting on forums doesn't help much.

The only way to unlock Mina right now is to buy 12 premium chests 3 times, which costs 90 USD in total (and costs even more outside US).

Reprobean Child has enlightened me.

The price of free? You said yourself she can be unlocked for free. Free doesn't sound that expensive.
There's a price involved for getting a character. Dish out a lot of money [which should not be that high at all] to get her? Hell no.

What don't YOU understand that some people, whether you view them as stupid or not, don't give a shit?
...and give Namco more ideas on how to use this again in the future? As if I wasn't already worried about SoulCalibur's future

...and give Namco more ideas on how to use this again in the future? As if I wasn't already worried about SoulCalibur's future

Dude, what's the big fucking deal? Namco gets an absurd amount of money from each person for one character, so what? Maybe it means we'll get Soul Calibur 6 sooner rather than later! Or maybe not! And Soul Calibur will forever be a single-player fighting game that'll cost $3,600 retail (That's $90 per character for a roster of 20 = $1,800. Throw in Edge Master and since he uses all 20 styles, he costs an additional $1,800 hence the total of $3,600).

The problem I have just isn't the price for these characters, but the business behind them. I would hate for this to become the norm out of gaming, just because some players want nostalgia goggles. People already don't like how this game is turning out; this doesn't really help.
you know, the sad thing is it doesn't even matter if this practice gets bad press. as long as 1 company does it, every one else will follow suit regardless of the criticism. remember securom, online passes, day 1 on disc dlc's? most of these gimmicks now become fundamental part of every game, and online passes only recently discontinued because of the changes in technology and the digital market. making our voice heard with our wallet no longer matters. free market doesn't work if all the competitions have silent agreement on business practices.

Last edited:
Those who are willing to spend money to buy charcters,consider this,Sony has already decided to take down PSN for ps3,or so i've heard.

If it does happen,we lose everything we put into scls,if its time,then no big deal,we can't save time anyway,but if its money,then its just gone.
And if namco decides to bring back the old characters in say SC VI then that'll probably cost like $90(it'll probably come for ps4).So you'll get back all the characters you missed in an actual game,which btw won't become unplayable due to a network being taken down,at the price of just one,who is gone with the console.

On another note,how's everybody doing in the soul edge scramble?
just reached 12102 fragments today,it may not be a big deal to most of you,but considering that all i can do for now is spam the normal difficulty,i think that its not bad.

Those who are willing to spend money to buy charcters,consider this,Sony has already decided to take down PSN for ps3,or so i've heard.

If it does happen,we lose everything we put into scls,if its time,then no big deal,we can't save time anyway,but if its money,then its just gone.
And if namco decides to bring back the old characters in say SC VI then that'll probably cost like $90(it'll probably come for ps4).So you'll get back all the characters you missed in an actual game,which btw won't become unplayable due to a network being taken down,at the price of just one,who is gone with the console.

On another note,how's everybody doing in the soul edge scramble?
just reached 12102 fragments today,it may not be a big deal to most of you,but considering that all i can do for now is spam the normal difficulty,i think that its not bad.
Please cite a source...

Back