Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

So many fantastic creations, and so little votes for me to give....

I'll have to use my vote for orangeislands31's "Mystery Girl in Black," though brucege's Antonina will be my runner-up. Nonetheless awesome job you guys! I always enjoy lurking about from the shadows and seeing all of your nice creations.

My vote goes to @orangeislands31 because of how well all the individual pieces come together to create a very believable character. Both outfits are very easy on the eyes, yet there's still enough detail to keep me interested.

@Ramus is the runner up for me; I was very close to voting for him as his entry has really grown on me since the first time I saw it. However, there's something I'm not sure about, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the colour of her boots - that shade of plum seems a little incongruous - it might've helped to introduce that colour somewhere in her upper body or head too, idk.

I really liked the odd thigh highs on Brucege's Antonia. Also gotta commend him on taking the time to recreate orangeislands' CaS for her.

Finally, it's important to remember that shock value does eventually wear off... However, Captain Fabulous seems to be the exception to this rule. That joke just never gets old :')

My heart split between Yuriko and goth country girl in black revamp by Rachel. Both are stellar and insanely detailed.
So my vote goes to............................................Bruceislands31 !

Wot, no can't do ? ok, then Brucege because galantry is not even remotely french these days

Hey since it ended, here is Mary backs story, I hope you guys like it.
"Yellow Rose."
Mary, she is a very sweet girl, but she never left the home where she works in, because of her master wouldn't allow her, she would always be happy with visitors and be very friendly, but she did actually loathe her master for imprisoning her, one day she came very close to killing him, with no where to go, she kept wandering, looking for anyone who would show kindness to her, and to this person be forever loyal.

Incidentally, I collected all your battle data (MUAHAHAHA) to create the following:

MILDRED
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_45.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_60.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_51.png.jpg

goth-loli 4evas

Hey since it ended, here is Mary backs story, I hope you guys like it.
"Yellow Rose."
Mary, she is a very sweet girl, but she never left the home where she works in, because of her master wouldn't allow her, she would always be happy with visitors and be very friendly, but she did actually loathe her master for imprisoning her, one day she came very close to killing him, with no where to go, she kept wandering, looking for anyone who would show kindness to her, and to this person be forever loyal.
Poor girl. Now that you've created her, it's your responsibility to create a true love for her.

@orangeislands31: MGIB is splendid, and you've won fair and square, but I'm glad you like Mildred. I'll browse through your gallery again for inspiration over the weekend and propose some ideas for you, the leader of the next challenge.

Just to clarify for @orangeislands31,
This is the ANYTHING-AND-YOUR-MUM-GOES SIDEARM CONTEST.

Two rules:
1. Use 2 or 3 special equipment slots to make a a sidearm (i.e. you gon' smack or shoot some bitches wid' it)
2. Anything goes. Guns, knives, lollipops, a grand-f****n'-piano if that's what floats your boat.

Edit: Voting begins on not the coming, but the next Thursday (May 22) at 12PM (so you'll have one-and-a-half weeks).

Last edited:
I'll also contribute an old design to drum up interest. I may or may not come back later with a new design.
Is it clean and not a clippy mess? No.
Is it my best? No.
But is it a gigantic book-shield? Yes. This is my favorite sidearm I've ever made and it had me the most hype when I finished it.

Oracle/Mediator
osfkso.jpg

- An apple was flattened and placed behind the Dragon Mask to give the appearance of an open beak.

- The book is made of two Duffel Bags. One is slightly larger and placed one tick to the side of the other. The pages were patterned with stripes; the spine and cover with crocodile/alligator leather.

- A wings sticker on the face and neck gives the illusion of feathers where there is usually just skin.

So all of the ExEq has to be used to build the side-arm or can it just be one or two pieces? I have an old design with a very simple buckler but, it's lit just one piece :P

The entries for the contest are great so far!

The book and violin ideas were really clever. Too bad the violin can't be bigger. The violin reminds me a little bit of this scene from SpongeBob.
worlds_smallest_violin_poster_by_dr_j33-d32tvet.jpg
This contest inspired me to make a honey pot for my CaS of Winnie the Pooh.
In battle, it looks like he dips honey during every sword move.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

Back