Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

Just to clarify, there's no post limit for entries. So if you're feeling particularly inspired, go ahead and post to your heart's content. That said, I strongly encourage all of you to submit at least one new original.

Here's my entry for the contest. He's an athlete who wants to show his victory to everyone, even if he has to shove it in their faces!

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

Let's get the ball rolling on this one, I'm really excited for it!

82tKwwL.png

Lumin, my first real upload to the site! (Now you can all stop pretending I'm good at CaS)

She's a witch, clearly, and I went with some pretty safe options in terms of design, especially with the colours. She's supposed to be this young, happy-go-lucky kinda gal, but I never really managed to show that off, other than by giving her stripy stockings, patterning the bells on her shoes to resemble pumpkins, and giving her a toffee apple. (Which was what inspired the whole design, as it happens.)
Y1Jwd1J.jpg

Just a close-up showing the ruffling on her hat. I decided she was a little plain, but since you can't add stickers to Pyrrha's top, and I don't have all the parts/stickers/patterns unlocked yet, there wasn't much to work with, but I liked how this looked.
qesPLQF.png

Close-up of the apple, sadly it clipped at the wrong moment, but oh well. Textures are a bit odd on close up, but from a distance it looks a gooey and sticky and all so... Might have to take my word on that :P
JFqDMxg.png

Side-note: Guess I can start my own actual thread soon eh?

Let's get the ball rolling on this one, I'm really excited for it!

82tKwwL.png

Lumin, my first real upload to the site! (Now you can all stop pretending I'm good at CaS)

She's a witch, clearly, and I went with some pretty safe options in terms of design, especially with the colours. She's supposed to be this young, happy-go-lucky kinda gal, but I never really managed to show that off, other than by giving her stripy stockings, patterning the bells on her shoes to resemble pumpkins, and giving her a toffee apple. (Which was what inspired the whole design, as it happens.)
Y1Jwd1J.jpg

Just a close-up showing the ruffling on her hat. I decided she was a little plain, but since you can't add stickers to Pyrrha's top, and I don't have all the parts/stickers/patterns unlocked yet, there wasn't much to work with, but I liked how this looked.
qesPLQF.png

Close-up of the apple, sadly it clipped at the wrong moment, but oh well. Textures are a bit odd on close up, but from a distance it looks a gooey and sticky and all so... Might have to take my word on that :P
JFqDMxg.png

Side-note: Guess I can start my own actual thread soon eh?
I'll have a detailed review after the voting begins, but very nice original. Somewhat reminiscent of Morrigan. And yes, whenever you get the chance, you can start uploading your characters one or two at a time so I can give each the attention it deserves.

Time for votes!
Mine goes to @Le_Bello's Aki. That fan is really cool. Design has motif of autumn leaves dancing in the wind. Fan dance is a distinctly Japanese tradition, so it works well with the theme. Beautiful work.

Time for votes!
Mine goes to @Le_Bello's Aki. That fan is really cool. Design has motif of autumn leaves dancing in the wind. Fan dance is a distinctly Japanese tradition, so it works well with the theme. Beautiful work.

;~;

I'm actually voting for @brucege 's Rice Girl because holy shit. The design has that simple-but-not-dull quality I like, and c'mon guys fried rice. Who'd have thought it?

I vote for @Le_Bello's Aki. The claw fan is indeed impressive, but the rest of the design follows suit.

Special mentions: The bowl of fried rice and violin from @brucege's Fried Rice Girl and Violinist are, in my opinion, the most original and creative sidearms in this round. Unfortunately, my taste diverges from Le_Bello's; I'm a fiend for technical detail when it comes to CaS, so designs like @FreeMeal's Adventurer Girl are more my speed. The problem with it for this round is that the chain whip doesn't stand out against some of the sidearms of some of the other submissions and it looks quite plain when compared to the density of detail on the rest of the design. @Retrotator1's Winnie the Pooh with honeypot is interesting to me, too. It's not a very technically complex design at all, but whenever a CaS maker takes moveset animations into account, that scores big in my book. I'd love to see the honeypot dip in action.

Some great entries this time around! I had an idea for an entry, but I got distracted playing other games and didn't make it on time.

I vote for @brucege's violinist. It just works too damn well. Fried rice girl and @Onyyx's Aleister were also pretty great, but the violinist just freaking flawless. Honorable mentions to-FUCK IT, EVERYONE WAS TOO FREAKING GOOD!

Alright, it seems our emcee, @orangeislands31, is busy with some life stuffs, so I'll do the vote count:

@Le_Bello's Aki: 2
@brucege's Rice Girl: 2
@FreeMeal's Earnest Eva: 1
@Onyyx's Caeruleus: 1
@brucege's violinist: 1
@ThePascuzzi's Oracle: 1

Strong show from everybody this round. It's a dead tie in first place (even after secondary votes), but since he's at a disadvantage without PS3 screencap (and my opinion counts more *ahem*), @Le_Bello's Aki takes first place for the Wacky Sidearm Challenge!

You were all super creative with your SpecEq this round. Seriously. We have everything from book shields to fuckin' trophies this round. Even two+ years after SCV's release, we could probably double that Constructions Thread from this contests' entries alone. Keep up the brilliant work and show the old CaS generations that the fight ain't over yet!

Back