Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

If you don't want to do the air grab you can do 4A+BA into A+B into whatever you use for oki. If want suggestions for oki you do 1A, k2, 44k, 2A+B, 4A+B, or 41236B. I don't really use the air grab anymore because 4A+BA is a safer option for launching them than 4A+B6.

In addition to what Harry said the air grab is also not overly reliable and can miss when the bomb hits the opponent off axis.
I mostly do 66B(also good for RO if timed right) or 66B, BE for good guaranteed damage.
About reactability it should be no problem most of the time on a decent connection.
on bad 3 bars it can get fishy though.

You can do 4 A+B ~ A+B ~ K2 for more meter and about 76 damage. Or if your feeling ourself with execution then you can do 4 A+B or 2 A+B into JF A:6 which splats in front of you for oki set ups. If my opponent is allergic to blocking low I'll do a grab from time to time or just do the above.

A:6 after bombs is a bad choice because the multiple hits cause the damage to scale doing less damage. A+B does more damage for the exact same oki situation, and has no execution requirements.

1A is the best option for oki if you want guaranteed damage. The other options, while not guaranteed, offer better damage, or more relaunches if they decide to tech into another bomb. Which is entirely possible to put into their heads if you use techable options such as 44K, k2, and 41236B.

k2 does more damage than 1A, but there are weird situations where it won't connect fully giving you less damage. Also, for whatever reason, k2 does not hit grounded when they land sideways. So after a sidestep bomb whiff punish, its better to use 1A because they usually land sideways.
Oh but yeah I tested it again k2 is guaranteed. Oh also, it should be noted that k2 is two hits that do 16 and 20 damage, so I'm guessing both hits get scaled by guts. In which case, 1A would do more damage.

Last edited:
What you want to do after a bomb launch is entirely up to you. The best choice changes with different opponents and how they respond to your decisions. Some people refuse tech, so 44K is going to do more damage than either 1A or k2 especially with the reset. Others never learn to stay down, so bomb on that fool. The k2 not hitting sideways grounded opponents is just to let you know not to use it in that situation.
Another note: k2 hits Asta sideways because he is fucking huge. I tried on Pat, Asta, and Tira so far. On sideways grounded k2 always whiffs on Pat, is inconsistent at best on Tira, and connects on Asta for like like 81 damage for the 4A+BA, A+B, k2 combo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. Yeah I noticed kAb use the A in 4A+BA to allow for other things besides the air grapple. I'll start getting into the habit of doing that now.

Just to be sure, when you do A:6 for wall hits, after they bounce off the wall, the first strike (the high one) won't land even if it is just timed right? Only the two middle strikes?

When I find myself fighting good Natsus, it just seems to be who can land their A:6 best. I'm really trying to implement that into my play as much as possible; it's such a good move.

Do any of you use 1A outside of ending combos? I find it too slow against people when just throwing it out. The only good low-hitters for me during poking or open play are 1K, 2K, 11A and 4A. I use 4A a lot (as well as B K4) to begin the HOV B then WR K combos, but the better opponents read it and punish big time.

PO HOV A+B is really nice against people who get up slowly, massive damage. If they fail to sidestep it they can't punish it, though if they do, it's going to hurt. I usually get side-grappled when I fail it.

Finally, what's the best thing to do against spammers using fast hits? I was going up against a BB spamming Pyrrha and I couldn't seem to get my AA or A:6 out at all. Is it possible if you have good enough timing or is it simply a case of waiting for them to pause?

Thanks once again!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. Yeah I noticed kAb use the A in 4A+BA to allow for other things besides the air grapple. I'll start getting into the habit of doing that now.

Just to be sure, when you do A:6 for wall hits, after they bounce off the wall, the first strike (the high one) won't land even if it is just timed right? Only the two middle strikes?

When I find myself fighting good Natsus, it just seems to be who can land their A:6 best. I'm really trying to implement that into my play as much as possible; it's such a good move.

Do any of you use 1A outside of ending combos? I find it too slow against people when just throwing it out. The only good low-hitters for me during poking or open play are 1K, 2K, 11A and 4A. I use 4A a lot (as well as B K4) to begin the HOV B then WR K combos, but the better opponents read it and punish big time.

PO HOV A+B is really nice against people who get up slowly, massive damage. If they fail to sidestep it they can't punish it, though if they do, it's going to hurt. I usually get side-grappled when I fail it.

Finally, what's the best thing to do against spammers using fast hits? I was going up against a BB spamming Pyrrha and I couldn't seem to get my AA or A:6 out at all. Is it possible if you have good enough timing or is it simply a case of waiting for them to pause?

Thanks once again!
When fighting a spamming Pyrrha, I would rely on Natsu's 1K and WR 4A+B. 4A is good because it's an unpredictable and fast low. Pressure her. Use Natsu's speed to your advantage. Use 3KK. Her third K on block is unsafe (-14) and can be punished by Pyrrha's 236B.

It all depends on your opponent and their patterns. If they tech a lot, then another bomb launch would be best. But if you want to just play it safe, 1A and K2 are the best options. Wall combos...a whole different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't 66b supposed to Tech Step and tech crouch to get around verticals and highs?
Yes, but it is not infallible. There are certain frame interactions necessary to get the tech step or tech crouch to work properly.

For example against characters with i14 bb and i12 or slower aa, at -6 66b will go under the aa and around the bb.

Tweak that aa by 1 frame as in leixia or pyrrah and aa will beat 66b at -6 but not at -4.

I got question for you KAB. How negative does your opponent have to be to whiff punish a 2A with 8K? Everytime I've done it in neutral situations such as after CH AAB, they recover before 8K can connect.

Question. I'm playing against a Cervy who does 3b, I block and go for 66b and he JG's it. Or he does Gi to counter it. Am I doing something wrong? Cus I thought if you were in the negative on frames you couldn't counter or retaliate

I think it's becuase Cervy 3b is -13 on guard and natsu's 66b is i17 which gives him enough time to recover to gi or jg it.

Question. I'm playing against a Cervy who does 3b, I block and go for 66b and he JG's it. Or he does Gi to counter it. Am I doing something wrong? Cus I thought if you were in the negative on frames you couldn't counter or retaliate
3B is -13, which means he can't block or retaliate against moves that are i13 or faster. A:6 punishes it, as does KK2K or 2A.

Back