Nightmare's Movelist Changes and Move Speculation Thread

GS K seems to recover a lot faster now, and maybe it's just me or does Nighty have a little more range on his 6A/agA?

GS K seems to recover a lot faster now, and maybe it's just me or does Nighty have a little more range on his 6A/agA?

Yes GS K recover a lot faster now. Before it was too lot unsafe, now we can punish by BB (I did test in video against viola). I think that the range on his Aga is more short but the range on his 6A still the same that in SC4. We can notice that we can do CE during the wake up @ 51min35. If it's true, it's strong !

I saw the stream of Namco Bandai and I found utility of 2A+B. Now 2A+B charge 35% of soul jauge. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18159069 @ 49min.

it does add about 33% (1 bar) to the gauge, but landing a 2 A+B in a real match is as rare as landing a 1A from a distance. if they can bump the increase to 66% (2 bars) then it might be justifiable to remove Terror Charge completely. But other than that, fast characters build bars just as fast without special gimmicks like this.

note A+B @50:04 alone does not increase the gauge it seems. Also, the WS A (explosion claw move) gives little gauge @50:23 :/

From the stream videos:
  • Looks like short range on aga but longer range on JF version.
  • More evidence that BT B+K is gone, instead you just go into NSS; more evidence that B+K transition to NSS confirmed
  • Wakeup CE is pretty awesome, I just hope that Kilik (or w/e character is replacing him) still doesn't have that wake up UB move that does lots of damage. Also, CE is a guard break, not an UB like I thought. 1:24:45 in the vs Maxi video, it looks like NM baits a for a CE counter but Maxi's 2A doesn't trigger it? Hope that's some kind of bug.
  • I'm happy to see that NM gets meter from 2A+B. I hope that any of the past moves that gave him Terror Charge now gives him meter. I think this is a nice balance since NM players will want to use the GS K BE combo and the CE a lot in their gameplan.
  • Unrelated to NM: Double KO to a final round still results for meter gains at the beginning of the round for both players.

Keev your english has improved alot! Hope to see you posting at 8wayrun more in the future!

landing a 2 A+B in a real match is as rare as landing a 1A from a distance.

I disagree with this statement. aB now has a stun that should guarantee NSS K and 2A+B. Any NSS A+B hit will give you free 2A+B, along with I'm assuming most wall hits. 33B will also give you an easy 2A+B.

A+B @50:04 alone does not increase the gauge it seems. Also, the WS A (explosion claw move) gives little gauge @50:23 :/

-It may be on hit only for the meter gain.
Edit: I remembered now that we saw A+B hit in the first video of NM on youtube.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdIM490DQbk#t=10m03s

-I wouldn't expect the BE version of the move to give you back meter. Its possible the WS A version will. The video where Keev does it had the critical gauge obscured.

Hey Keev it is good to see you here, thank you for the information you have provided so far. :)

hteng: 2A+B was extremely easy to get a combo to in SC4. don't know about this game though

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18159069/highlight/212403

at 01:26:23 he lands an air hit with his CE and it causes a ground stun for free 3B. Now I wonder if there is a way to combo to it from a launcher...

adding something i noticed in the stream. you can transition into GS from 66B (@1:24:48)

WS K (head butt) might have tech crouch properties @1:25:26

and i've been wondering if NM's CE can counter other CEs ? @_0 that would be pretty rad though.

66B could always transition into GS. At least in SC4, but I'm pretty sure he could in SC3 too.

Night's CE might be end up being an important too for him to use as a "get off me" tool when dealing close ranged characters (Alexandras), since it seems he lost his retreating high (which led into a GS KK combo). Since it seems he can get meter pretty fast with 2A+B (and possibly other Night Terror charges); seems like getting rid (or toning down) of some of his more powerful quick stuff that he used to punish and push out is a balancing tool. Might be a fair trade.

66B could always transition into GS. At least in SC4, but I'm pretty sure he could in SC3 too.

Night's CE might be end up being an important too for him to use as a "get off me" tool when dealing close ranged characters (Alexandras), since it seems he lost his retreating high (which led into a GS KK combo). Since it seems he can get meter pretty fast with 2A+B (and possibly other Night Terror charges); seems like getting rid (or toning down) of some of his more powerful quick stuff that he used to punish and push out is a balancing tool. Might be a fair trade.

i think you are confused with 33B. 66B is the vertical launcher that can be followed by A+K or 33B6 GSKK.

i disagree on the fair trade to remove so many safe tools to balance the CE. the CE is meter dependent, that means you can't always use it. I'll take safer, better normal moves than a panic button move that obviously can be side stepped or baited out by smart opponents.

Schneider-X, hopefully, they bring it back. Without it, it completely destroy my old game play and pattern and I have to start to learn him at the beginning. =|

Headbutt looks like the new WS K. I dunno whether its mid though. Brave edge from 2B+K, break attack or chargable into unblockable?

4KK looks like a natural combo now. Good (change from the paris version?)

Back