Norik's Tale of Souls and Swords

Norik

[14] Master
After more than a year of SCV, I've finally decided to upload my creations! They're not nearly as good as many of the things that you guys have made in the long life of this game, but I like them and wanted to share them anyways.

Characters index: (this post will link to all of the characters posted in the future):
I hope you enjoy this gallery!

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 2,029
Last edited:
Knights of New Saxony: After 15 years, Zenon and his new apprentice Edmund discovered a way to break Kronus' hypnotic spell, and began creating an army that became the world's strongest.

Son of Hades and disciple of Zeus. He trained in the Olympus for his whole life, and was the Gods' right hand while they lived.

01_Zenon_1.JPG

01_Zenon_2.JPG
Son of Athena and brother of Syria, Edmund was only a baby when the war broke out. He was saved by Zenon and lived a harsh life of prosecution, learning everything he knows from his savior.
03_Edmund_1.JPG
03_Edmund_2.JPG
One of the last remaining Templars, Sinclair was the first knight to join Zenon's rebel army. He hails from England.

07_Rowan_1.JPG

07_Rowan_2.JPG
He who lives by the code of chivalry. Edmund's friendly rival and Sinclair's partner in battle. He hails from Ireland.

09_Boyle_1.JPG

09_Boyle_2.JPG
The black knight of the court, Ulric was originally one of Kronus' most trusted human generals, but joined Zenon after discovering the truth. He hails from Germany.

08_Ulric_1.JPG

08_Ulric_2.JPG

These are the knights of the squared table, a rebel council seeking to bring earth back to the way it used to be. They follow Zenon for different reasons, and their loyalty to humans is unquestionable.

Aeolian Rebelion: Aeolos, Zenon's half brother, son of Zeus and Hades' only disciple ever, had been spelled by Kronus to become the most powerful demigod general of his army. However, managed to break out of the spell 10 years later, and started a rouge rebellion in central Asia.
He was so powerful that every single soldier of the Titan army was created after his image. His original weapon, Cerberus' Fang, was destroyed during the war. After ten years, Cerberus escaped his cage in hell and broke Aeolos from the spell. The beast died, but his soul lives within a new sword forged from one of its fangs.

02_Aeolos_1.JPG

02_Aeolos_2.JPG

The Generals: The Titan army, however, still consists of many turned demigods.
Zenon's only apprentice before the war, she was originally known as Cydia. She governs the middle east and isn't very harsh on humans. Daughter of Athena. He original look was abandoned in favor of one inspired by Gatsu.

04_Syria_1.JPG

04_Syria_2.JPG
Also inspired by Gatsu. He is Syria's big brother and governs Europe with an Iron fist. He even instituted a new Church and forced it down on people.

15_Cornelius_1.JPG

15_Cornelius_2.JPG
Born in Korea from Ares, she remembers nothing of her past. Has ruled Khania since the departure of Aeolos.

UPDATE:
14_Andrea_1.JPG

14_Andrea_2.JPG

OLD:
14_Andrea_1.JPG

14_Andrea_2.JPG
The king of the Titans himself, this despicable monster lives in the body of the demigod slave he killed: Obsidius. Lives in the western Sahara.

17_Kronus_1.JPG

17_Kronus_2.JPG

I liked him a lot better back in SCIV, but half of his pieces are gone :(
German spy who infiltrated who infiltrated in Zenon's army to gain his trust. Much mystery surrounds this character.

18_Jager_1.JPG

18_Jager_2.JPG
Captain of the Kronus Undead Army.

13_Faustus_1.JPG

13_Faustus_2.JPG

Last edited:
Shinobia: Japan is a different story. After Diana, Zenon's human sister, warned the ninja clan of Shinobia about the conquest of the Titans, they have protected the island very effectively. Here humans live peacefully in a rural remnant of the once powerful feudal Japan.
Japan's military leader, although he used to be a ninja assassin.

12_Tsubasa_1.JPG

12_Tsubasa_2.JPG
Born in Greece from Zenon's human mother and an Ottoman general, she moved to Japan after her mother's death at age nine (SCIV), and has lived as a member of the Shinobi ever since.

UPDATE!!!
05_Diana_1.JPG

05_Diana_2.JPG

OLD:
05_Diana_1.JPG

05_Diana_2.JPG

Other humans: People who live under the cruel reign of the Titans.
Daughter of Sinclair and Romana (a human soldier from my SCIV creations), she was kidnapped at an early age to become part of a human trafficking mafia. She was originally sold as a virgin prostitute to a rich Ottoman merchant, but she killed him with her bare hands. Her skill in battle proved formidable, so she was sent to a Colosseum to become a gladiator.

10_Gladia_1.JPG

10_Gladia_2.JPG

A very simple design, yet she's one of my favorites.
A nomadic desert dweller from the middle east, he was captured by the mafia to become a Gladiator. He, along with Gladia, escaped the Colosseum and fled east to join Aeolos in his rebellion.

11_Mahbod_1.JPG

11_Mahbod_2.JPG

Inspired by Regolus from SCIV.
A human mage from a long lost civilization, she has learned the art of immortality from Zasalamel. Although she fought against Kronus in the war, she remains neutral in terms of allegiance, mostly to avoid prosecution. She secretly helps the followers of Aeolos with a magic spell that grants them superhuman powers.

06_Azaneth_1.JPG

06_Azaneth_2.JPG

Stupid conflicting equipment limiting her helmet. I tried to layer her equipment in two colors, I think it worked nicely with the bracelets and grieves.

Attachments

• 10_Gladia_1.JPG
    10_Gladia_1.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
High and lows but some cool stuff here!
And some others that will get cool too with minimal additional work
I wait you complete upload all you chars, then i give my two cents tonight

ps: ask if you want me to delete this post to don't interrupt the presentation post-streak :D

While it's nice to see that you've made your characters old and new, I look forward to having them in comics. Design wise, just like me with my asian fetishes, you have your armor and greek god fetish stuff. Some were a bit redundant while others felt a little slapped on. Despite that, there are certain ones I liked such as Lord Zenon. Keep on sharing.

Some were a bit redundant while others felt a little slapped on.
Wait, which ones?
High and lows but some cool stuff here!
And some others that will get cool too with minimal additional work
I wait you complete upload all you chars, then i give my two cents tonight

ps: ask if you want me to delete this post to don't interrupt the presentation post-streak :D
Haha it's OK, I'm pretty much done with originals for now.

Sinclair, John, and Axel feel like brothers to me. Sure they're from different countries, but the helmets and greaves are the same...unless they work together in the same squad.

Diana kind of feels slapped on. She makes me think she's more of a mixed breed of China and some European country than say Japan and Greek. I understand she isn't per say Japanese and such, but sometimes I wonder where is the Greek and Japanese fusion?

Andrea also feels a bit slapped on. I can't make out if that's what a Korean should wear. Sure, it's fantasy but I only see her as say some CAS lady in a nice purple outfit.

I'm loving the use of patterns on armor and the tricked out helmets. Please do put in some more work and share the end results :D

Such pleasant show off Lord Norik.
All those warriors are great, but I think you should rework on Gladia...but aside of those I like them all, the armors are great an original looking, hope to see more.

Ok, i split it in the three blocks you did
I keep it straight to be understand and give the best help possible
Keep in mind that more than a critic i'm trying to imagine how i will think starting from that point

First-
This one is probably the weakest of the three, mainly due Sinclair-Boyle-Ulric
Not that they're bad (actually as potential Sinclair is one of your best ones), but if usually yet just have multiple chars will full covered face is a no no(tend to kill charisma: one misterious masked dude is cool impact, many are no-face nobody), spam on all three dat templar helmet extremize dat feeling.
Have them just have their colour give them a Power Ranger feeling more than anything :D
If i can suggest keep the old european knights theme, but give a similar-same-style-but-different helmet: one can keep the templar one, one the unicorn one and one another closed helm,or a open one + dat iron half-mask.
If i was you: Sinclair templar or unicorn, Boyle the one you did'nt given to Sinclair, Ulric dark knight helm (if you have,was limited edition DLC)
You will have three close helm euro knights, but still each with his totally personal style.
Also if i can add, don't need to overload decorations, crest+horns+wings sound like a bit excessive :D
Of this group my favourite is probably Sinclair, Pat armor is by far one of the best,most detailed pieces of the game, wich collide in a cool way with the simple line of the templar helm... and the iron+white+red give a really cool crusade feeling wich kinda elevate him over the usual random cas knight.
Edmund is another nice one, only thing i will reconsider is the helmet, namco made it looking stupid wide/big, specially on young/smaller faces

Second-
This is definitely better,and not because my two ones :D
This group is less affected by the full knights "obsession",and the one that fall in the category are still good.
Aeolos is very well made, color scheme work and got detail.
Kronus is good too,but maybe a lil weaker as visual impact... maybe because being a lil too red,in all pieces red is the dominant color and have the bigger one(body armor) being monocromatic does'nt help. Btw you don't need the change armor there are trick to make it bi-color using the texture, like use the tri-stripes (purple-green-pink) first page texture,and give red to two and gold to one, then play with size/rotation.
Andrea is another very good potential,as now is already nice. Kudos for the half mask-head ring-ear rings combination,really classy with dat haircut
Only thing i will change if i was you are the wings on her head, seem just out of contest and kinda ruin the good job you made for the head.
Aside that only thing i will work on,is probably try to make it more asian-looking... the low half work well, and aside head-wings, the head to. Gloves are a nice choice so we end up that the only thing where you can work is the body... also some make-up in her face can help you too. But again she is nice,specially considering that look very far from your usual stuff!

Third-
I don't know if is better or not than group 2, but definitely is where you have more variety and ideas. I really like Tsubasa pants, and his overall look. Only thing i will change is maybe the shoulders armor with the knight of light (LE dlc) ones,seem that it will mix well with that samurai helmet. Gladia is exactly as you said, simple/classic but very nice and effective... only thing son, do something to that balck shorts,it kinda feel modern and try desperately to kill your good design :D
But again, really like Gladia.
Mahbod is maybe one of your best ones,really appreciate the pieces choice and the tatoo. ONLY,really only thing that give it problem is the skin colour, seem a white dude(not even mediterranean,seem straight nordic euro white) where a brown or light-brown skin tone will fit more with him. Sure,this may force you to change colours of other pieces,but you really need the right skin to give arabic feeling.
Azaneth is good,it work

Thanks for the comments guys! I see many dislike the fact that three knights of Saxony all share the same helmet, I guess I'll play around with them a little and see how that works out. I'm also gonna try to make the females better represent their countries.

All right everyone, shall we begin with 3P outfits?
I don't usually mess with the sci-fi genre, but I really like how this guy turned out.

NightWare (2).JPG

NightWare (3).JPG

NightWare (4).JPG
Holy Warrior Pat (2).JPG

Holy Warrior Pat (1).JPG

This is one of my favorites up there with Gladia and Mahbod.
Gatsu did something similar, but I wanted to go for something lighter and more fit for battle. After all, he spends the entire match jumping around and flashing.

Japanese aPat (1).JPG

Japanese aPat (2).JPG

And those blazing pants are just so badass.

i like how helm and armor work well together in the "holy warrior" cas, try dat helmet on Edmund to see how it work!

How about some cameos now?
He was originally a custom character, but he just looks and sounds better like this.
Ryu1.JPG

Ryu2.JPG

I don't know if you can see it in the pictures, but I put emphasis on layering his suit with stickers.
Chief1.JPG

Chief2.JPG
Samus (2).JPG

Samus (3).JPG
I was gonna make him a Pat 3P, but the face kinda looks like Chris Evans.
Mericah\' (1).JPG

Mericah\' (2).JPG

LOL at that shitty star on his chest. I just removed that.

Back