Norik's Tale of Souls and Swords

Ok, I'm about to restart the game because apparently HIGH RANK = BOOT. So I decided to upload all the stuff left on my save that I hadn't already shared.

First of all, 3P outfits:
I made the first two before any of the Cepheus DLC. The third is a Gatsu remake.
Patroklos (2).JPG
Patroklos (1).JPG
Patroklos (3).JPG

Patroklos (4).JPG
Classic outfit!
Classic Nightmare.JPG
Modified versions of Gatsu's and Vilarcane's respectively.
Siegfried.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

Also, here are some troll recolors:
Pinkie Pie!

Pony (2).JPG
Pony (1).JPG

Rainbow Dash!

Pony (3).JPG
Pony (4).JPG

Moar stuff is on the way!

I also updated some of my old characters and added two new originals to the first page: Faustus and Jäger.
German spy who infiltrated who infiltrated in Zenon's army to gain his trust. Much mystery surrounds this character.

18_jager_1-jpg.33966

18_jager_2-jpg.33965
Captain of the Kronus Undead Army.

13_faustus_1-jpg.33967

13_faustus_2-jpg.33968

Updates:
Radical changes to fit criticism. Probably a bit too much of the butterfly set, but she looks nice and that's all I care about.
14_andrea_1-jpg.33964

14_andrea_2-jpg.33963
Made more Japanese to fit her story (Greek woman living in Japan); now she's more of a brunette Setsuka . I changed her shoes after I took this picture.
05_diana_1-jpg.33962

05_diana_2-jpg.33961
Removed the stupid shorts.
10_gladia_1-jpg.33960

10_gladia_2-jpg.29209

Last edited:
I REALLY love JÄGER! And hey, Andrea is fine too. It's cool to use a lot of same-set parts. In fact I'm pro same-set marriage. As long as it doesn't ruin the sanctity of 'traditional' design.

Some cameos:
A mix of all the good ones here on 8WR. It's a bit hard to tell from my low-quality pictures, but I used the extra-red pink unitard trick.

Taki (2).JPG

Taki (1).JPG

The reason I used Siegfried for this is because the sword-trail combo can be set to look like an energy beam, looks pretty good in-game.

Dragon Ball (1).JPG
Dragon Ball (2).JPG

Last edited:
While i am not fond of the recolors, the OC are solid and interesting, good taste all around, even though they might benefit a stronger theme for some of them.
The Powa Rangers squad made me giggle, and think of a space police pat i once did, but better :)

Oh and thanks for the recreation of my mythic Dark Adder, is he on a diet now :)

Good stuff, sorry i overlooked these, even the 8 year old creation is charming, just like the stuff my own 8 yo did lol.
A family of CAS artists can only be a good family.

From the recreation challenge thread:
gambit-jpg.34390

This guy took a couple of trials. At first he looked really good with Cervantes' undersuit, but you can't put any stickers on that so the final result lacked the red undershirt. In the end I just made his skin blue and worked my way out with stickers. I'm somewhat pleased with the final result, though I don't think the you can appreciate the colorwork with my iPod pictures.

Yes, that's Alpha and not Xiba. There's two reasons I chose this fighting style: personality and equipment. Gambit's too much of a badass to use Xiba's rustic and unsophisticated style, and the already clunky jacket looked even bulkier with Xiba's rough animations. Alpha, on the other hand, gives just the right feeling, even if the weapon is not at all accurate.

The final result is a sleek-looking character with quite a lot of stickers. I took special care of the colors to mimic the shading style of the original Marvel vs Capcom, with highly saturated dark colors giving a metallic look to darker pieces. I used the tiger pattern on all the cloth items to make them look worn, contrasting with the shinny and crisp metal items. I'm very pleased with the colors and he looks great in-game. Item choice was a bit hard, especially the greaves and the jacket. I replaced the ninja mask thing on the forehead with two stickers, just because he's bulky enough as it is.

Recreation Challenge - VOTE FOR MEEEEEEE! :)

Last edited:
Nice Samus!
I'm thinking about making the Power Suit version of her sometime, but I'm not sure which moveset fits her in SC5.
In SC4, I used Talim's style.

Good work Norik, that's awesome, really awesome.

I'm recreating the bronze saints too, but I don't think I can make better than yours.

Congratulations!

Never watched Saint Seiya so I'm a little confused as to why they are called bronze saints when their color schemes are devoid of bronze. Regardless! Your creations are awesome, Norik ^^ And look at that, you actually managed to rescue Sieg's 2P with that color edit XD
I am also realizing that the feathers of strength magically transform helmets I hate into helmets I love... It friggin' magic, I tell you...

Never watched Saint Seiya so I'm a little confused as to why they are called bronze saints when their color schemes are devoid of bronze

Was kind of grade system:
Gold > Silver > Bronze

Ironic thing silver Saints are shit, they looked strong just for the few episodes dedicated to them (and then straight disappear)... when half of the Bronzes end up being golden level :D

Ok, so after playing tons of YuGiOh for the first time in years -and a little inspiration from @Party Wolf and @Donutman - I decided to do something...

YuGiOh op.png

Yugi Dark.png
Dark_Magician.jpg
Yugi Celtic.png
CelticGuardian-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.png
Yugi Flame.png
flame_swordsman__by_nikoness__by_masterra-d53154m.jpg

It's impossible to make this character as he appears in his art for several reasons, so I took some liberties with the armor...
Yugi Blue.png
blue-eyes-white-dragon.png

The fact that I recognised them from the little thumbnails before seeing who they were is credit to how good these are.

Now make Relinquished :P

Back