Norik's Tale of Souls and Swords

And of course, no team of Japanese heroes can go to battle without their loyal mecha!
Megazord (1).JPG

Megazord (2).JPG

It is, of course, composed of smaller robots: Red lion, pink pegasus, blue wolf, green hawk, and yellow bull.

And for those who missed it:
Click on the picture to make it larger.
calibur-rangers-jpg.29555

I second that. A Calbur mecha is not some recreation I get to see all the time. That and some decent Power Rangers. I'd probably try to find a way to make the yellow and pink one female and not a male recolors though. Makes me think: Fabulous Rangers! *snap snap*

I second that. A Calbur mecha is not some recreation I get to see all the time. That and some decent Power Rangers. I'd probably try to find a way to make the yellow and pink one female and not a male recolors though. Makes me think: Fabulous Rangers! *snap snap*
LOL

Actually, yellow has been male more times than female in Super Sentai. They are based on the original team: GoRanger.

Sentai-goranger-1975.jpg

Yes, pink's supposed to be a girl, but that would mean a different uniform.

You show a lot of promise, Norik. My favorites are Gladia and Edmund. Gladia is both sexy and scary at the same time. The disjointed spacing of all her equipment are really appropriate for a brawler-type character, and the double chains remind us of her enslavement. Edmund's design really captures his youth and all-around scrubbiness. You accomplish this with the mini-scarf and oversized helmet.

Really nice stuff you got there. Glad u replied and mentioned your signature in it. I love the Idea of "Calibur" rangers ;)
That holy patroklos is one of my fave Cas too. Hope I'll be able to see more of your works!

I was curious when you were going to post a thread. lol though I'm a little late to the party.

Some extra kudos always go to the people who take the time to expand the imagination and include a background story to their work. Overall I believe they came out well, you are very good at the helmet features [AZANETH, OMG HER DESIGN IS MAGNIFANTASTICOOL!] And throughout my time toying with character creations I have DESPARATELY been trying to brainstorm a good design for a templar outfit and failed; but I do like what you've done with yours, they all look nice. Zenon and Aeolus fit the mold aesthetically to their adoptive father figures so great job with capturing that in them.

If I were to have one teeny criticism it would be a bit far reaching to some. But I'm looking at the map and it's regions, and I'm asking myself, how's the weather there? what would I be dressed like? For most of the characters I have no complaints but Kronus has too much armor for someone who is in the Sahara. Unless of course there was some big ice age going on that wasn't conveyed in the story. Mahbod and Gladia for instance are appropriate for two who fled the clutches of the Nubia region. But again this is a small peeve. You did a great job overall, and the 3p costumes are very well done also. Hope to see more.

p.s: I don't generally comment on guest characters but they look pretty neat. I lol'd at the power rangers, man that brought back memories.

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it when people take the time to read through the whole thing. I am actually working on translating the story into a video series.

Last edited:
Nice to see that another character creator is also a storyteller. What are your intentions for the storyline? Anyways, your characters sparked interest to me.

And this is not really one of my creations (he was all over the place as advertisement for character creation before the game came out), but I really like how the armor looks by itself.
Zenon originally had this helmet, but it just looked too evil for a hero king.
16_Hades_1.JPG

16_Hades_2.JPG

Last edited:
Lol, think I killed you with likes XD
Really interesting stuff here, Norik! Props for all the knights. I find that, with armor parts I get bored and they all start to look the same after a while but you really stuck through with it and it paid off quite nicely :)
Particularly liked Aeolos for some reason and Gladia is gorgeous. Simple but gets the point across and looks damn fashionable doing it :)
Keep it up, I'll be around!
(Dem Powah Rangers O.O)

I was bored. Don't judge me.

Chemical Abstracts Service! (CAS)

I was inspired by the recent Japanese Girl Squad thread, but couldn't think of a central theme for the team, so I stopped thinking about it and decided to do something else. A couple of days later, I was researching on phosphorescent chemicals on Wikipedia when I noticed that every single chemical has CAS number, which I though was kinda funny. Next thing I know...
20_Water_1.JPG

20_Water_2.JPG

Reference:

water.jpg
21_Ammonia_1.JPG

21_Ammonia_2.JPG

Reference:
Ammonia-3D-vdW.png
aka table salt
22_Salt_1.JPG

22_Salt_2.JPG

Reference: