[Oct 25, 2014] Edge Master Series Major 2014 (London)

I may as well buy my own PS3 controller and converter so I don't have to borrow someone else's all the time. What converters do people recommend?

I may as well buy my own PS3 controller and converter so I don't have to borrow someone else's all the time. What converters do people recommend?
lol we don't mind lending stuff out...it's getting the fking shit to work, lol jk they work fine...anyway if you're gonna buy one then I'd recommend the Mayflash converter http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-A...1411841956&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash+converter
they're a fair price and work really well, but you'll need a wired xbox controller...something I'm hoping several other players will bring

lol we don't mind lending stuff out...it's getting the fking shit to work, lol jk they work fine...anyway if you're gonna buy one then I'd recommend the Mayflash converter http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Adapter-Xbox360-PS3-PS2/dp/B0089OBLDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411841956&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash converter
they're a fair price and work really well, but you'll need a wired xbox controller...something I'm hoping several other players will bring
Thanks. Does it matter what PS3 controller you use? Because if I can use, say, this one instead of the ordinary controllers, which cost £35, I'll save myself a fair bit of money.

Thanks. Does it matter what PS3 controller you use? Because if I can use, say, this one instead of the ordinary controllers, which cost £35, I'll save myself a fair bit of money.
naw it shouldn't matter, what controller you use, official or 3rd party...but yh in any case I'll bring down a couple Ps3 controllers and stick in case people need 'em, got one Arcade stick, one working official, one broken official, and about several 3rd party controllers...you won't need to worry anyway...we'll be mainly playing on 360 Joel says he'll bring down his PS3 just in case any complications arise

Afaik, the PS3 controller doesn't matter so much, but the xbox pad used to set it up does. However, last time I was there, the venue had loads of official PS3 pads you could borrow if needed, as long as you have ID or something you can give as a deposit. So yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

I dont think i'll be staying over sunday night too due to work on monday after and i'll be leaving early in morning on sunday so wont have time to play more, but i'll be at HOG early on saturday so i'll play all day then with whoever is there xD..

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to try and get there early on Saturday, then probably head off earlish Sunday. Do you have to let the people at HOG know if you want to stay the whole night?

I have ordered a wired xbox controller.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to try and get there early on Saturday, then probably head off earlish Sunday. Do you have to let the people at HOG know if you want to stay the whole night?

I presume you just tell them when you pay the entry fee, then it will be a little extra to sleep over, probably be about £15 all together. Not 100% sure though, Silent_Joel knows more about it than i do.

Question to the people coming, who would come on the Sunday as well, and who is interested in a SC2HD side tourney? Cost of Saturday/Sunday should be a fiver more so £15 for the whole weekend but I'll have to check with the venue guys first.

I wouldn't mind playing some SC2HD, but I don't think I will have time to stick around too long on Sunday.

I'll be bringing my Converter too but it's a little dodgy, also my PS3 doesn't have Dampierre. Regarding overnight the website says it's an extra £10.

Little update, Solo will be first thing 1pm start on Saturday followed by the Team tournament, and Top 8 will be in the evening depending on time. Best to get there at 12pm when it opens to get casuals and pay your entry.

Last edited:
So, Viola isn't banned for this major. I guess banning her for 2 years made Europe feel like POSERS & FRAUDS for no clear reason over a combo video.

God, I had no idea she was banned in so many places. Will I be hated for playing her in London? D: D:

Back