Originality

^Nice CAS Maisie. I quite like the color scheme you've got there! Female Z.W.E.I. needs 'em fuzzy eyebrows man! *jk*

That's a nice cutie there. Oh and what's your recording device Vincent?
that feature that lets you save replays on your PS3. i have a capture device but this is much easier and much faster even though the quality isn't as good. and thanks. i thought i'd add my red head that wasn't Hilde.

Snizzipity

First off I'll say you should probably be playing an RPG if you're going to expect to have your character development thrust upon you in bite sized easy to learn portions. Fact is that all the characters in this game (and most other fighters) are just characters with fighting styles. You learn who the characters are by going deeper than the main offering, looking at characters bios, looking into their story if one exists, checking up on lore, etc.

You went ahead and listed all the males with sarcastic quick comments summing up their personalities and claim the females have staying power, why? Because of breasts? I'd ask you to go through each of your male character comments and state why you believe each statement to be true but I doubt you'd bother to do so and we'd end up hijacking this thread and that's never a good thing.

All I'll say is when I think of Soul Calibur I think of Kilik, Xianghua, Nightmare, Maxi, and Siegfried. When it comes to who has character, the male characters have plenty of it, but for some reason you seem to have some strange bias or chip on your shoulder against any form of male character or back story yet the females who offer just as little up front character and backstory seem to magically jump out at you. You could just as easily go down the list of females and do the same thing: Taki - ninja with the big boobs. Ivy - chick with the biggest boobs. Amy - loligoth fanservice. Setsuka - samurai chick with the big boobs, etc.

Anyway, I'm gonna be back later to post my own CaS characters, just got side tracked by someone being wrong on the internet, sorry.

Freudian Comment

I don't have a chip against the guys. I'm just pissed they don't get nearly as much face time as Ivy or Tira or Taki. I'm pissed that I have a bobble head of Ivy for pre-ordering my game instead of maybe having an option for one of the new characters.

I put my full reply into a spoiler section. If you don't want to read me waxing philosophical then you don't need to worry about reading it. And if you want to discuss it further, I am more than willing to move to a private conversation--that invite is for anyone.

But you've reinforced my reasoning; why bother having character models at all? Why bother making Ivy's breasts so huge? Why bother making them at all? Why bother making Kilik a young buck? Why not just make them all wire-frames? Or for that matter, why bother having a create a character mode at all? Why? Because deep down, most human beings want to be able to relate to fictional situations in some manner or another. Most people play a game to forget about life and place themselves in the shoes of another person.

Let me ask this; why did you pick your main character? What made you say, 'I want to play as [insert character].' Was it their weapon style? Their looks? For that matter, what makes you design your characters the way you do? Do you just throw armor onto them because it looks cool or is there somewhere in your mind that says 'This combination of clothing, voice, skin tone and weapon are what I want this person to be for this reason. Should I make him/her use the axe? Nah, he/she is more of the rapier type. And he/she has got on all this armor so that green color wouldn't look good on him/her.' You are connected to characters as a part of human nature and thus, I firmly believe that anyone that plays a game doesn't just pick a character or create a character for no reason. They feel a connection in some way and thus, they chose to play as them, whether they do it poorly or not. I suck as Viola and do fairly well as Kilik, yet the majority of my created characters play as Viola because I have connected with her character (or lack thereof).

And to note, your list for the women was the sex appeal of their characters. That is what upsets me. Would Ivy be plastered all over the place if she was an old hag with a flat chest? No, she wouldn't. She's popular because of her clothing and boobs. It's why Xianghua is rarely seen in promotional content. The characters are not there to be characters in a 'tale of history' they are there to be something to look at while you beat on each other. That is why I'm so upset. And yeah, maybe I'm getting personal with it, but I care for each and every one of the character I create. They mean something to me. So when I see people, like Team Soul, simply creating characters to give fanboys their jollies and throw away perfectly good characters for no reason other than they are simply not needed, with NO reason why they are gone in context to the paper-thin story then yes, yes I take it personal. As a consumer and someone that has grown to love these characters, however paper-thin, it makes me very upset.

Once more on topic, Original Characters = Good. I don't have an issue with the male characters in the slightest but feel that they are given second fiddle for teh boobz and if anyone should have had a successor, it should have been Ivy who now has a free pass to keep her appearance until she does die.

i got a male character (dampierre) for pre-ordering at best buy. i don't see what the problem is. mitsurugi is on the front of how many posters?

I hate it when I fight people online with using created characters from something else.
If I wanted to fight against Final Fantasy characters, I would go play Dissidia Final Fantasy and not Soul Calibur.
Yesterday, I have seen someone who created the Star Wars kid and I have to say that this was the most unoriginal character I have ever seen.

So why are people talking about something not related to their creations? Enough of that talk. If you want to discuss it make a thread, this is not a place of arguments that are aside from the topic.

I hate it when I fight people online with using created characters from something else.
If I wanted to fight against Final Fantasy characters, I would go play Dissidia Final Fantasy and not Soul Calibur.
Yesterday, I have seen someone who created the Star Wars kid and I have to say that this was the most unoriginal character I have ever seen.
No offense to anyone on these forums, but I just dislike seeing users make characters based on trademarked characters. It's just very unoriginal and they should make something based on their own imaginations. That's what makes some creations more genuine than others. I haven't come across any Kratos, Sephirophs, or Ichigoes on PSN, but that's not something I look forward to. There's already an awful lot of them (and other characters) on YouTube as it is.

Wow, that topic/thread got sidetracked like hell?!? Anyway, I've come up with something new :
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Ol' man Gary :
2638zv8.png

f3sxv9.png
He actualy has an origin story, not a backstory, but an origin. He was a character from something I used to write, where he was this insane old man who got put in that jail/asylum place, but he used to ''fight'' with a shotgun and a pitchfork, since he was a grumpy old farmer guy. (Dem kids today with they're handguns and they're AK47 and they're gangster gang. )

Sheniu also got a lifting apparently is no longer teh satan. (She is however some sort of necromancian thingy as denoted by the evil floating skull.)
mw5l41.png

Here's another one my mom made, called Black swan. I have no idea either.
2lucnkl.png

And here's an exemple of why I didn't want to put in my 3P costumes xD
es4xz5.png

Um... Hello there everyone! Um first off I have give to some big props to the people here for their amazing original characters.

Second this is my first time here and I feel that I have some interesting characters that I want to show off. I have to apologize in advance that the pictures aren't top quality like some others but I did my best.

Leon Ortega: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4435/0206121505.jpg
Head Shot: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9841/leonortegaface.jpg
----------

Ryoma Kurai: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7213/ryomakurai.jpg
----------

Avarizia: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7323/avarizia.jpg
Head Shot: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2586/avariziaface.jpg

Now I have quite a bit more than these three but I wanted to see what kind of feedback I would get for them first. If it's positive than I'll upload some more.

Offtopic: Surprisingly, I find the look alikes nice when done right.......it's only a matter of time until I see everyone and their grandma using them =/

Ontopic: @Aeon014. Leon looks nice but something about those gauntlets doesn't sit well with me. Regardless, keep them coming.

Offtopic: Surprisingly, I find the look alikes nice when done right.......it's only a matter of time until I see everyone and their grandma using them =/

Ontopic: @Aeon014. Leon looks nice but something about those gauntlets doesn't sit well with me. Regardless, keep them coming.
offtopic: Pokcy-Yoshi, how are you going to make the characters for your comics now that there isn't an option to look at the formulas anymore?

Ontopic: i had no idea those eye coverings were so popular. i thought i was one of the only ones that were utilizing those but apparently about everyone has those. well at least i'm the only one i saw resembling a british school girl so far.

Fun CAS again people! Really enjoying this thread so far. Like someone said in another topic, I hope one day they release a big pack of practical CAS items.

Ontopic: i had no idea those eye coverings were so popular.
Which one is it exactly? I can't really tell from the picture of Leon.

Ah I thought you were talking about make up. For some reason I followed your on-topic comment with Pocky's on Leon.

offtopic: Pokcy-Yoshi, how are you going to make the characters for your comics now that there isn't an option to look at the formulas anymore?

That's not a problem. Just copy down the formula PM to me. The comics seem iffy to be made now: I miss SCIV's camera style more. SCV's is lacking.

So at best, I can probably make snippits and not comics.....=/

That's not a problem. Just copy down the formula PM to me. The comics seem iffy to be made now: I miss SCIV's camera style more. SCV's is lacking.

So at best, I can probably make snippits and not comics.....=/
you can still do the moving camera thing for replays can't you. i know you can do the zoom in thing. i did that by accident. but that's a lot of info to take down but i guess it's worth the hassle.

Um... Hello there everyone! Um first off I have give to some big props to the people here for their amazing original characters.

Second this is my first time here and I feel that I have some interesting characters that I want to show off. I have to apologize in advance that the pictures aren't top quality like some others but I did my best.

Leon Ortega: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4435/0206121505.jpg
Head Shot: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9841/leonortegaface.jpg
----------

Ryoma Kurai: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7213/ryomakurai.jpg
----------

Avarizia: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7323/avarizia.jpg
Head Shot: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2586/avariziaface.jpg

Now I have quite a bit more than these three but I wanted to see what kind of feedback I would get for them first. If it's positive than I'll upload some more.

I like Leon's Armor & Avarizia

I thought I would also put some of my characters here. So far, most of them are based on previous SC creations (SC3 and SC4), but I'll start with my main girl. The biography is just little inspirations I've got based on simple ideas, such as SC3's Chronicle of the Swords and random elements to tie them with the main cast, so don't expect anything too special.

Marian
Soul Edge had been destroyed, but its ravage left scars on this land. With the kingdom of Wolfkrone's fall, among other names, people around the world are shaken, though left with hope after the disappearance of the Cursed Sword. "Nothing's changed," says Marian to herself after contemplating the chaos caused by Graf Dumas's purge of the malfested. Stripped from her status and exiled by her mother Helma, who's the current ruler of their kingdom and ally of the Graf, the former heir ventures to help the innocents caught in the "crusade" while eliminating the real malfested. "It's been a long time. I wonder how Noa's doing."

She gazes at the rising sun through the Ancient Citadel's gates. A hand then reaches her shoulder. "Take up your sword, Marian. Nightmare's minions have begun an attack in the west," said Siegfried. Without saying a word, the female knight raises her blade and walks with her leader towards the main door, followed by other members of Schwarzwind.
1P (Schwarzwind Commander)
Marian 1P 1.png

Marian 1P 2.png

2P (Wyverndust Champion)
Marian 2P 1.png

Marian 2P 2.png

You'll eventually notice that I LOVE using honor boots on many characters. I miss Seong Mi-na's 2P boots...

Back