Originality

@Murasame
*Whistles* Those are some impressive characters you made. My favorites are Helma and Ryo though.

*Sigh* It's times like these when I wish I had a PS3. That way I can take higher quality pictures of my characters instead of having to use the camera built into my phone.

Oh come one, Aeon, there's no need to be so shy ;) Most of us here aren't experts (can't speak for Mamoru, he probably is ^^;). For the record, I liked your creations and wouldn't mind hearing about that story either.

Thanks for the reassurance Kira. Maybe I will post the story after all. But I think I'll wait until I get some of the more important characters uploaded before I do that. By the way which of my characters did you like the most.

Sadly I can't upload anymore of my characters until later tomorrow. But this gives me some time work on a few extra things with them.

Yuuka
Many people think that only hopelessness is left for people who got influenced by Soul Edge, usually called the "malfested." However, strong souls have proven to succeed in defeating their fate, such as the previous wielder of Soul Calibur. And so, a few obscure tales of those who mastered the evil inside them through great but unknown feats. A popular one from recent words is of a little girl with red markings on her arms. She apparently defeated a giant malfested with her bare hands and blades on her feet.

Little girl, little girl; that's what Yuuka's always referred as. "With all due respect, sir, STOP calling me 'kid' !" She grabbed the bag of apples and walked away angrily towards Noa. She knew very well that they couldn't have known that she's way older than she looks, having stopped aging for a long time. Though she's usually cool, this particular thing can tick her nerve, especially since she's often mistaken for a child and taken less seriously as a result. "You think Lucius' ready for the next step?" asked Noa. "Teaching how to live with the evil influence shouldn't be hasted. Even after years, you have yet to master it yourself, so don't expect me to let you brag anytime soon!" The disciple blushed as she followed her master, who walked ahead, laughing.
Yuuka 1P 1.png

Yuuka 1P 2.png

Noa
Though she's been affected by the Evil Seed decades ago, and had direct contact with Soul Edge more than once, Noa's sanity was maintained for most of the time. This had given her the ability to use the malfested powers in her blood, though to a certain limit. There have been desperate occasions where she almost lost all of her humanity, which is why she left all her loved ones behind, especially her dearest friend Marian, in fear of putting them in danger. She was subject of witch hunts a few times, but her will kept her alive.

If it wasn't for the mysterious girl named Yuuka, she would have been lost forever to her curse. This individual was also a heavily malfested being, but through unknown means and possibly unmeasurable effort, was able to conquer her evil nature. She taught the young woman how to control it and to bend this cursed power, dubbed Bloodcry, to her will; the two of them were bonded ever since. However, she had to undergo inhuman tasks to achieve this feat. Even now, Noa must meditate regularly, but it was all definitely worth it. "Maybe after this is over, I may finally be able to meet Marian again..." This one pure wish will keep her honest.
1P
Noa 1P 1.png

Noa 1P 2.png

2P
Noa 2P 1.png

Noa 2P 2.png

1P (Bloodcry mode)
Noa (Bloodcry) 1P 1.png

Noa (Bloodcry) 1P 2.png

2P (Full Bloodcry mode)
Noa (Bloodcry) 2P 1.png

Noa (Bloodcry) 2P 2.png

Noa (Bloodcry) 2P 3.png

Noa
Though she's been affected by the Evil Seed decades ago, and had direct contact with Soul Edge more than once, Noa's sanity was maintained for most of the time. This had given her the ability to use the malfested powers in her blood, though to a certain limit. There have been desperate occasions where she almost lost all of her humanity, which is why she left all her loved ones behind, especially her dearest friend Marian, in fear of putting them in danger. She was subject of witch hunts a few times, but her will kept her alive.

If it wasn't for the mysterious girl named Yuuka, she would have been lost forever to her curse. This individual was also a heavily malfested being, but through unknown means and possibly unmeasurable effort, was able to conquer her evil nature. She taught the young woman how to control it and to bend this cursed power, dubbed Bloodcry, to her will; the two of them were bonded ever since. However, she had to undergo inhuman tasks to achieve this feat. Even now, Noa must meditate regularly, but it was all definitely worth it. "Maybe after this is over, I may finally be able to meet Marian again..." This one pure wish will keep her honest.
1P
6e012581.png

05edb030.png

2P
03ebed37.png

cd3ef19b.png

1P (Bloodcry mode)
c71a9ab1.png

d9cdc5d8.png

2P (Full Bloodcry mode)
a73aba09.png

9107a55c.png

4c66ed3c.png

Really liked Noa, great job

I try to be original with characters, but I find that, as with writing everything has allready been done in some way or another; the secret is in putting your own spin on it, or mixing it up into a combination. I have a character heavily influenced by Maximus from Gladitor, for example, though his personality is different, you can guess what he may look like? My Musashi-esque Samurai, too, very simple design, must be a hundred out there like him. I try to cast a wide net with different warrior types, so I have a Sikh warrior, and Arab prince, a viking, an Ndebele-like African shaman and so on. This is the best I find for new characters; to quickly look through warrior cultures or historical peoples.

Uploaded a shitload of new characters last night, would absolutely love it if you guys stopped by to give your feedback. :)

Pocky Yoshi likes Pledis stuff. Experiments and CAS worth looking at. Of course there's Gatsu's epic CAS and a few other peeps I will look into even if I have to dig for them out of many mediocre ones. Just means Pocky Yoshi loves your work. If Pocky Yoshi likes them and says more than the obligatory "keep on sharing", then you have his attention. If you make nonoriginals........well Pocky Yoshi will call them nice and forget them. Doesn't mean he dislikes them though, it just means try a little harder lol.

Enough rambling and a link to this neat thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/oh-look-another-cas-thread-pledis-cas-gallery.11124/

I love your characters Aeon014! They gave me so much inspiration.

Thanks! It's always great to know that I've managed to give someone a lot of inspiration.

Now I've also got some other characters to post. Here they are.

Aaron Ortega (Leon's Father):
aaronortega.jpg
aaronface.jpg
aaronback.jpg

Kouji Naraka (Leon's Best Friend):
koujinaraka.jpg
koujiface.jpg

Juri Aoyama (A friend of Leon's and Kouji's Girlfriend):
juriaoyama.jpg
juriface.jpg

As you can see these characters all have close relations with Leon Ortega as he is the Main Protagonist of my story and they're important to the story themselves. So tell me what do you guys think of them?

I really wished the Xbox had the same built-in screenshot feature for this game, so we can see your CAS a lot better. I'm liking the classic contrast of red and blue between Leon and Kouji.

Shameless plug: I've created a topic specifically for my CAS here: http://tinyurl.com/7mcawre . I've added a few new CAS.

I really wished the Xbox had the same built-in screenshot feature for this game, so we can see your CAS a lot better. I'm liking the classic contrast of red and blue between Leon and Kouji.

Truth be told I didn't even notice that contrast until you mentioned it. *Rubs the back of my neck nervously* I was just screwing around trying to find a good color scheme for him. Funny how things can work out in the end huh?

I plan to post some little bios about some of my characters later today so keep an eye for them. Nothing major mind you but I wanted to give you guys a feel of what my characters are really like.

so yeah, I'm actually impressed you people came up with stories within Soul Calibur for your CaS characters. I totally see what your saying though, most gamers are not all that artistic, so it doesn't really shock me that they don't make original CaS's.

most people that use the CaS are often just trying to make things other people will recognize, which isn't bad, but it's also hard to do, because for all the "improvement" this character creator got when compared to earlier ones, it's still missing key items for basic customization, and it's still missing the ability to overlap certain items, problems the previous ones didn't have.

for example, I attempted to make "Edge Master" look like "Odin" from norse mythology, which would be very easy to do, if the CaS system didn't blow monkey chunks all over your face when you try to pair certain items together :/
I found that not only could I not use the helmet of light with "any" face item, despite there being a pretty good opening for the face in the helmet, but that even the greek toga, had it's lower regions completely removed by the addition of any "belt" item. why the hell does it do that? I can't see the logic, in preventing those two items from overlapping.

I really don't understand some of the poor development decisions in SCV CaS mode, they had time to put in a unique fighting style like Devil Jin from Tekken, but they couldn't manage to program the items to overlap with eachother in certain categories? were they really so down to the wire in late development that they forgot to put it in, or did they mean to go back in later and fix it, and shrugged their shoulders hoping that we'd just accept it in it's current form despite it's half way of doing things right?

I would love to see this get a patch, it's not something that'd take up a lot of space if it was part of an optional DLC pack with a free update for people so they can see the changes. it's just sad that the character creator, has great tools, already located within, that we cannot, and likely will not ever get to use, but I'm sure it has something to do with how rushed this game was. I mean just look at the off line content. not even a character bio section with character viewer, and the story mode doesn't even try to explore some of the other characters like Mitsurugi or Yoshimitsu or Aeon, cause I guess their not important, just like how the Kunpeatku cult isn't important enough to ever be mentioned outside character backgrounds, even though they created like, 3 of the characters in the game, and apparently now mass produce Astaroths :/ not important at all, doesn't need to be mentioned in the plot of the game. :P

ranting all that, I don't blame people for not making "original" characters. it's hard enough to make ones people recognize, let alone something that actually looks like it makes sense. we still, to this day, don't have "regular" fighting styles in Soul Calibur, everyones gotta be unique in the game, and do some completely outlandish stuff with their weapons. like duel wielding? well we hope you also like having an arcubus inside the hilt of your gun, and the ability to fly like your from neverland, cause thats all you'll get. like pole arms? well we hope you enjoy looking like a fool when you take that pole, stick it inbetween your legs, turn away from your enemy and use your own crotch as a pivot for your pole as you smack them in the face a few times as they lay on the ground. like twin axes?.....do I even need an example for this one?

now, I'm not asking that they make a tournament legal game with 40 bonus weapons for CaS mode, but I would just like too see more standard, utility weapons. characters like Mitsurugi, Siegfried, and Taki, are popular for CaS mode, cause they are more believable on a CaS character then something like Tira, or Voldo.....

that said, the others still get used, if not just to break the mold of generic CaS archtypes, but to be funny and quirky. but why does Project Soul go through the effort of making CaS if they aren't going to make it in a way that is actually "unique" to soul calibur? they have a weapon based fighting system, so they need to have standard weapons from the time, that don't act like some sort of gimmicky, pretty to look at, dumb as hell to use, weapon form that no one would ever want to rely on save a handful of strange characters. I want a 2 handed broadsword, I want a tower shield and a polearm, I want a knife/shortsword where the move set revolves around grappling and stabbing (plain and simple).

that having been said, I obviously am not asking for this in SCV, but I would like to see them invest in these kinda ideas in the future, if they want to actually allow people to CaS. well, I suppose that was a bit of a rant, so I appologize.

short version/TLDR; the CaS mode is still pretty unimpressive in the long run, so I don't blame people for making popularized characters that can be recognized, rather then making their own that have no context or descriptions in game and simply mimic a standard characters fighting style (since making original characters will likely go fully unappreciated).

p.s. the simple fact that CaS characters mimic, makes it really funny if you add "original character, do not steal!" onto their names! trolololololololololololololololol

Hi people! Just passed by this thread and thought it looked fun. Saw the comment about how lots of people don't make their own original characters and thought this was a nice place to share my work. I pride myself in making original characters (for the most part) and have yet to actually try and make existing characters from other games, movies, etc. Unless if you count the armored knights I made that resemble Judge Magisters from FFXII (I'm a fan, as you can tell by my avatar.) But so far I've pour my heart and soul (no pun intended) into all my CaS characters, spending more than half an hour on each when I make them. Anyway, here they are!

Below are my 5 armored "evil" characters you could say XD The ones I based off the FFXII Judges. Servants of Soul Edge.

Judge Mateus
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/JudgeMateus.png

Judge Aya
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/JudgeAya.png

Judge Hakuma
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/JudgeHakuma.png

Judge Hana
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/JudgeHana.png

Judge Kin
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/JudgeKin.png

Those 5 are supposed to be my "Elite" warriors, but I'm only good with the first one XD Below are my other ones that I am equally as proud of. I like to make little stories about them too, but not in depth yet.

Myra, young woman who chose the path of the warrior. Stands against Soul Edge and sets out on a journey to destroy it.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Myra.png

Kotori, Myra's younger sister who chose the path of the ninja. Fights alongside her sister in her quest to destroy Soul Edge.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Kotori.png

Aelfric, a murderous, masked madman and servant of Soul Edge. He lives only to kill.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Aelfric.png

Saizo, a powerful samurai. Remains neutral in allegiance, but has ambitions to take Soul Edge regardless of who he has to kill. Runs into the sisters and joins them, hoping to find the cursed sword. Plans on betraying them once he finds it, but is unaware of its true nature.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Saizo.png

Sayaka, Saizo's fiance. Upon learning of Soul Edge's true nature, she hurries to find Saizo before he is consumed by the sword. A skilled swordswoman.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Sayaka.png

Alastor, a particularly wicked soul that escaped Astral Chaos. Demonic in appearance, but retains human rationality. His time in Astral Chaos has turned him into a monster. His motivations are unknown.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Alastor.png

Well, that's all for now. Comments and criticism are welcomed and wanted XD

Thank you XD I try to make use of stickers at least some times so they don't look so plain. As long as they fit the character. Now I just wish I could be good with all my characters.

Myra, young woman who chose the path of the warrior. Stands against Soul Edge and sets out on a journey to destroy it.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Myra.png

Kotori, Myra's younger sister who chose the path of the ninja. Fights alongside her sister in her quest to destroy Soul Edge.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Kotori.png

Alastor, a particularly wicked soul that escaped Astral Chaos. Demonic in appearance, but retains human rationality. His time in Astral Chaos has turned him into a monster. His motivations are unknown.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj607/AntinoobEmperor930/Alastor.png

Alastor, Kotori and Myra my favorites

@EmperorSoul

Woah! Those are some impressive characters you've come up with. You've earned a huge applause from me my friend. Well done!

Hey guys I'm back with those bios I promised. I should warn you though that they are a bit on the lengthy side so I put them in spoiler boxes so they wouldn't take up to much space. Here they are and I hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about my characters.

Name: Leon Ortega
Birth Date: January 19, 1731
Family: Aaron Ortega (Father), Alice Ortega (Mother)

Bio: Born and raised in the country of Lorran. Leon has always dreamed of following his parents footsteps of becoming one of the Royal Knights of Arterias. He joined the Lorran army at the young age of 18 and was put under the command of his father Aaron.

During the war against the Great Bandit King Jeremiah and the Bandit Country of Aldren that took place in the year 1743 Leon had heard first hand of the amazing feats his parents preformed during the war and thus made an ambition to become like them.

Leon is a very calm yet bright and helpful person. He is always makes an effort to help those around him should they need it. His best friends consist of Kouji Naraka and Juri Aoyama who he has known since he was 5. The weapon he prefers to use in battle is a longsword.

Likes: Cooking, Training with his parents and friends, reading, and watching the clouds with his friends.

Dislikes: Scorpions, bitter foods, getting pranked by his friends Kouji and Juri, his unwanted nickname Leo.

Name: Kouji Naraka
Birth Date: October 13, 1730
Family: Hideki Naraka (Father), Yumi Naraka (Mother), Tomoko Naraka (Younger Sister)

Bio: He was born in the far eastern country of Nippon. Kouji and his family moved to Lorran when he was barely 3 years old.

At the age of six he was caught up in one-sided fight against a bunch of bullies who he angered earlier that day due to a prank he pulled on them for picking on a girl. Out of nowhere a boy who was a year younger than him jumped in to help him and by doing this caught the bullies off guard enough to scare them off. After they left the boy introduced himself as Leon Ortega.

After that day they became fast friends and the next day they ran into the girl who Kouji helped. Her name was Juri Aoyama who was two years younger than him and a year younger than Leon. She thanked Kouji for helping her but she then chastised him for doing it saying that she didn't need his help. The two soon got into and argument that was broken by Leon. After he had calmed them down Leon suggested that they hang out and at the end of the day an unbreakable bond was formed between the three and they became best friends.

Kouji's personality can be described as laid back, brash and cocky. He's not afraid to jump head first into battle, however this sometimes lands him in some bad and/or humorous situations. He was trained in his family's secret style of Kenjutsu and plans to take over eventually as the head of his clan.

Likes: Sweet foods, training, fighting, going on dates with his girlfriend Juri, and annoying Leon.

Dislikes: Spicy Foods, getting into arguments with those he is close to, guys who try to make a move on Juri and ghosts.

Name: Juri Aoyama
Birth Date: May 1, 1732
Famils: Tetsuo Aoyama (Father), Sarah Aoyama (Mother)

Bio: Juri was born in Lorran to her mother Sarah Aoyama and her father Tetsuo Aoyama. Her father moved to Lorran from Nippon when he was young and fell in love with his wife several years later.

When she was four years old she wound up getting picked on by a bunch of bullies who took her favorite headband. She was rescued by a boy who was a couple years older then her who poured a bucket of water on the leader of the bullies head. The boy then told her to run away. She did as she was told but not before grabbing her headband.

The next day she went searching for the boy how had saved her and in the afternoon she found him along with another boy. They introduced themselves as Kouji Naraka and Leon Ortega respectively. From that day on they became best friends.

As the years went by she and Kouji became naturally attracted to each other but neither of them made a move. They didn't officially become a couple until one day when they got into a heated argument after a sparring match. Leon who often acted as mediator between the two tried to calm them down but it was all for naught. When they weren't looking however Leon with a small smirk pushed Kouji into Juri which made their lips collide together into a kiss.

Stunned she and Kouji stood there, lips locked together until they came to their senses a few seconds later and broke away from each other, both of them blushing red. They turned to Leon who had a large grin on his face and said "It was an accident" before taking off like the wind. Juri was about chase after him before Kouji swept her up in another kiss and said "We can get him back later. Let's just stay here together for now". Juri simply nodded her head in agreement.

Juri is a spunky and hot headed girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind. However she is a bit of a sore loser, especially when it comes to sparring with her friends. Her preferred weapon of choice is a Jian.

Likes: Spicy foods, taking hot baths, hanging out with her friends and boyfriend, training, looking her best, helping her mother with the gardening.

Dislikes: Reptiles of any kind, losing, when people mess with her headband, getting hit on by other guys, being underestimated.

Back