Originality

I still have not figured out the feature you all are using.
To take the pictures? I don't know if you're on PS3 or not, but the Xbox version doesn't have it. If you're on PS3, just go to you're character modification, press start and view him/her while also selecting you're pose, then press the PS button, the round one over start. It should be on the ''game'' section, probably on quit the game, but don't do that. Move to the picture section and there should be an option to take screenshot from the game, I think the name of the game is in the name of the option. Then, just press X and it's take a screenshot. Now all you have to do is transfer it to an USB thingy to get it to you're computer or something like that, I'm using my cellphone to transfer it since I don't have anything else xD

Hope that helped and I'm talkin about the right thing xD

To take the pictures? I don't know if you're on PS3 or not, but the Xbox version doesn't have it. If you're on PS3, just go to you're character modification, press start and view him/her while also selecting you're pose, then press the PS button, the round one over start. It should be on the ''game'' section, probably on quit the game, but don't do that. Move to the picture section and there should be an option to take screenshot from the game, I think the name of the game is in the name of the option. Then, just press X and it's take a screenshot. Now all you have to do is transfer it to an USB thingy to get it to you're computer or something like that, I'm using my cellphone to transfer it since I don't have anything else xD

I am ps3 for sure. Never knew that was an option. About a year of having the damn thing and not a single clue. That did help and I thank you.

Ontopic: i had no idea those eye coverings were so popular. i thought i was one of the only ones that were utilizing those but apparently about everyone has those. well at least i'm the only one i saw resembling a british school girl so far.
Mmhm. They are and I'm not surprised. They're pretty interesting pieces so if people don't have a character in need of them, they'll think one up surrounding the piece XD I have one thought up too but I swear, he was supposed to be like that from the start!
British school girl is not something that crosses the minds of many, I guess ^_^

Mmhm. They are and I'm not surprised. They're pretty interesting pieces so if people don't have a character in need of them, they'll think one up surrounding the piece XD I have one thought up too but I swear, he was supposed to be like that from the start!
British school girl is not something that crosses the minds of many, I guess ^_^
Honestly, I have no interest in the eye coverings. I did use the mummified piece on 3 characters so far. Two are brothers of sorts, onimaru and onimaro, then there is hidemoto who looks nothing like the two.

Okay here are the characters I made hope you give me feedback on how to improve them:

Ryuvan:

He is a clever Martial artist and a Master Swordman he was raised and trained by his father who used to be the Head of a Noble Family but for unknown reasons the father ran away from the family with his son.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/soulcalibur1f.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/20120209181908.jpg/
(2o years old)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/soulcalibur2.png/
(14 years old)

Helen:

Ryuvan's crush, she was trained by Arnan father of Ryuvan when she became 14 she killed Arnan claiming her revenge....she later became the head of the Valorian Family....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/soulcalibur.png/
(2o years old)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/soulcalibur3.png/

(14 years old)

Thanks a lot *-*

so thanks to you i can post my raisie with the right colors :D

uSUj1.jpg

MIirR.jpg

o62m8.jpg

She's so adorable~!

Nice CAS Ryuvan! I'm wondering though, what kind of revenge was she looking for killing her master/Ryuvan's father? As for feedback, the only thing I'm gonna suggest is to play with saturation a bit more (in this case, it would be reduced saturation and play with those tones). I'm not necessarily saying this should be applied to your current creations, but it could be something to keep in mind for future ones.

Also, when using a specific color palette for the whole design (such as 20-year-old Helen), you can also try using SLIGHTLY different ones of red (darker/lighter/less-more saturated) on different parts. It will still look like it's red and black, but those small variations of reds can make the look richer sometimes. Experiment, and if it's not to your likings, you can just revert it.

She's so adorable~!

Nice CAS Ryuvan! I'm wondering though, what kind of revenge was she looking for killing her master/Ryuvan's father? As for feedback, the only thing I'm gonna suggest is to play with saturation a bit more (in this case, it would be reduced saturation and play with those tones). I'm not necessarily saying this should be applied to your current creations, but it could be something to keep in mind for future ones.

Also, when using a specific color palette for the whole design (such as 20-year-old Helen), you can also try using SLIGHTLY different ones of red (darker/lighter/less-more saturated) on different parts. It will still look like it's red and black, but those small variations of reds can make the look richer sometimes. Experiment, and if it's not to your likings, you can just revert it.

Man thanks for your feedback....for why she killed her master it's revenge but I can't say it here :D I'm working on a manga! xD

Man thanks for your feedback....for why she killed her master it's revenge but I can't say it here :D I'm working on a manga! xD
Understandable! Good luck on it then. ;D

Ryo
Leader of Wyverndust, a group of rebels and ally of Schwarzwind, whose main purpose is to overthrow those working for Dumas, Ryo's considered a genius among his friends due to him learning fast in the heat of battle. Even though he's hunted down by Helma's men, he keeps on spreading the flames of rebellion across the country, only raising his sword against the most ill willed ones. With this ruthless queen ruling their kingdom, he told himself that there's no way it can go anywhere but downhill if her influence grows.

"You are in thrall to your emotions, you must master them." He remembered the words of his wise master, now gone from this world plane, as he tries to control his feelings for vengeance towards Helma's actions. He knew better than to believe he should hold a grudge against her; the real enemy is the Azure Knight, hidden but no doubt returned from a long sleep. "Soul Edge shall perish once again."
Ryo 1.png

Ryo 2.png

Ayumi
"What a dim light..." A young woman stands with her back against the wall, looking at the sheen surface of her unnamed blade. She felt as if the sun was gradually losing its bright light for a while now. Due to her mysterious purifying powers known as REM, she can enchant her sword into a weapon against evil, thus able to strike the soul of her foe while leaving their body unscathed. However, it requires a lot of energy; overusing it seems to have given her quite some strain recently.

Born from a noble family, Ayumi was raised in luxury, though her intentional exposure to the harshness of the "real world" has made her fully conscious of pain. Feeling that it wasn't right for her to just sit around while all this was happening, she left home with her close friend Ryo and formed Wyverndust.
Ayumi 1.png

Ayumi 2.png

You guys are getting clever with these CAS. Anyways, the good news is my CAS will be posted soon. They may not be as good as everyone else's, but they're something. Some of them were easy peasy to make. Some.......well I had to utilize google and my family on it.

You guys are getting clever with these CAS. Anyways, the good news is my CAS will be posted soon. They may not be as good as everyone else's, but they're something. Some of them were easy peasy to make. Some.......well I had to utilize google and my family on it.
For what my opinion's worth, I for one usually enjoy your CAS quite well, so I'm eager to see.

While I haven't seen any of your CAS yet, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will enjoy them anyway, myself included. I felt the same way when I first posted my CAS and yet I got some positive feed back on them.

That reminds me. Expect to see some more of my characters later today I spent some time on them and want to get some opinions on them.

Oh and at the risk embarrassing myself can someone tell me how to put the spoiler boxes in my posts? I'm still sort of new when it comes to posting on forums.

Helma
While a lot of people were left in suffering after the battle of the Soul Swords, the Kaiser kingdom has risen in power, with Queen Helma at its summit. She had power, influence and loyalty at her finger tips, but that wasn't the luxury she was looking for. "All these are just minor means for me to finally get rid of malfested pests." Even after the Cursed Sword seemingly lost its powers 17 years ago, many of its minions, which Helma associates with anything malfested, are still wandering the lands.

Destroying Soul Edge is therefore not enough; to purge the malfested, she needed Soul Edge itself to eat the very soul of its "creations," or Soul Calibur to strike them down permanently. Though her intention may seem noble, the means she takes go far beyond meer moral codes. Hearing about Dumas' hunt for the malfested, she saw it as an opportunity to further her goal in finding the legendary swords. Though usually confident, she's now worried, not because she thinks of being too weak to wield the swords; the only lingering, heart-wrenching feeling lies in the thought of inevitably crossing swords against her daughter Marian, not as a symbol of union, but as enemies.
1P
Helma 1P 1.png

Helma 1P 2.png

2P
Helma 2P 1.png

Helma 2P 2.png
For those who may not remember my CAS in SCIV back at page 3 of this topic, Helma was made in the SC universe as Marian's twin sister, but I changed back to the original concept of her being Marian's mother.

Alright I'm back with two more characters and the summary for the story that both them and my previous characters participate in. Now I'm come right out and say it... the story is an AU story.

All of the characters that appeared in the SoulCalibur series as well as the ones that appeared in Soul Edge don't exist here in this story. In fact the only thing that makes connects this AU to the original are the swords.

Now granted I've actually had this story made up long before I decided to utilize Soul Edge and Soul Calibur into the story but every time I think about it the story just seems so much better with the swords than with out them...

And now I probably angered everyone on this board for mentioning the story.

You know what. I'm just going to shut up now and post my characters before I embarrass myself even further.

Aria Carine:
ariacarine.jpg
ariaback.jpg
ariaface.jpg

Munashii:
munashii.jpg
munashiiface.jpg
munashiiback.jpg

Here's a costume I made last Thursday. It's the 2P for my Hristina Veneva character

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png

Despite the outfit, she's a totally original character that has nothing to do with the Assassin's Creed series. There's a short explanation on why she's wearing this; I wasn't even thinking about Assassin's Creed at first lol. I was actually trying to make the hood black, so I can make something similar to her SCIV 2P outfit (there's a picture that 2P in my own thread). I recolored the outer red part black, but I couldn't change the color of the red parts inside the hood. With that, I was about to change it for something else. But then when I accidentally made the color white, I realized that it looked a lot like Ezio's Assassin robes. So I changed the color of the vest she had on, added a few changes, and then voilà!

Besides, there's no way a character like this would be a part of the Assassin Order. If you read the brief description I made about her, you'd know that she wouldn't limit herself to only killing Templars and corrupt politicians. It was cool seeing her pwn Ezio though lol

Oooh! Ryo's quite the handsome one ^_^ Also, I am in disbelief. You made the wonder jacket look good O.o Congrats! Actually, Maisie's creation looked quite cute with it on too. I guess it isn't as fugly as I thought XD I love how faithful Marian's 2p is to one of her costumes in SC4. It's nice to see that resemblance cross over. I have to say that Helma's 2p screams 'evil dictator' more than the first. And no, not because of the black and read, I swear! XD

And now I probably angered everyone on this board for mentioning the story.

You know what. I'm just going to shut up now and post my characters before I embarrass myself even further.
Oh come one, Aeon, there's no need to be so shy ;) Most of us here aren't experts (can't speak for Mamoru, he probably is ^^;). For the record, I liked your creations and wouldn't mind hearing about that story either.

Oooh! Ryo's quite the handsome one ^_^ Also, I am in disbelief. You made the wonder jacket look good O.o Congrats! Actually, Maisie's creation looked quite cute with it on too. I guess it isn't as fugly as I thought XD I love how faithful Marian's 2p is to one of her costumes in SC4. It's nice to see that resemblance cross over. I have to say that Helma's 2p screams 'evil dictator' more than the first. And no, not because of the black and read, I swear! XD
Why thank you, kind one~ I never, ever thought of any use for the wonder jacket in SCIV, especially since it looks "big." However, I think that it gets tighter around the waist if you put a belt on. The archery breast strap helps a lot too for the looks, so I think you can give it another try!

As for Helma, she isn't purely evil or anything (similarly to the will of Soul Calibur), which is why her 1P isn't very "evil dictator"-ish. Her 2P is actually, like Marian's, a throwback to Helma's 2P and 3P from SCIV, in which she was very evil. (page 3 of this topic if you want a reminder).

And thanks for noticing (and pointing out) that Marian's 2P is based on one of SCIV's costume ;D

Back