Patroklos Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i'm so confused by the spelling. every source has it different, and wikipedia has both ways! i guess i'll just await further info directly from NB.

2qwzfwz.png

Is it me or does he look like a young version of Chuck Greene?

Ok, now I'm worried...
Sophie is already ferociously powerful and they want to build a character around her style, THEN IMPROVE IT!?!?
Sieg better be fucking superbuffed or I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm just glad they are FINALLY starting to release some USEFUL info this game. I don't care about "Pat" just yet, but hopefully they really take this opportunity to get creative with some new and old characters! And the fact that its set 17 years ahead of Soul Cal 4 i think is a great way to move the story along. I'd love to see and Older Raphael or Setsuka, or just a more mature Cassandra! I've got big hopes for this game!

New main character whose name most people can't spell. I'm hyped!

well according to shakespeare's writings, the illiad, and the NB reps at the dubai conference it is patroclus; the traditional spelling.

in the past hundred years or so greeks have replaced most C's with K's when translating to english for phonetic ease, though, and all the game blog'ish sites today say patroklos.

given the tendency of calibur to be within a time period and not really care about whether or not we can pronounce a name (hilde, Scheherazade) i am pretty positive that it is meant to be Patroclus. i guess we'll have to wait and see what daishi says directly.

Can we not fruit up his name by calling him Pat? Use Los or something.

I wonder what kind of special stance they will give him. Here's to at 4 more years of stabbing people.

well according to shakespeare's writings, the illiad, and the NB reps at the dubai conference it is patroclus; the traditional spelling.

in the past hundred years or so greeks have replaced most C's with K's when translating to english for phonetic ease, though, and all the game blog'ish sites today say patroklos.

given the tendency of calibur to be within a time period and not really care about whether or not we can pronounce a name (hilde, Scheherazade) i am pretty positive that it is meant to be Patroclus. i guess we'll have to wait and see what daishi says directly.

I'm going by the spelling that Daishi is using which you can find on his Twitter. Plus it's the same spelling that we are using on this site.

He kinda looks like Alexander the great. Kind of Arrogant.

I hope there's a Cassie analog. Always preferred her aggressive style.

And I have been refraining from the SC5 talk until the announcement was finally made. Y'all don't know how hyped I am. I didn't think I'd be at this point a year ago.

I'm also wondering if the use of the lynx in his attire means that he's part of some faction similar to how Hilde is with Wolfkrone.

I like his character because he just looks so god damn arrogant that I want to whomp on people with him. Hope he has just a cocky ass taunt.

How can you honestly get any more arrogant than Raphael? But I agree.. that smirk on his face just screams "I'm going to abuse you so hard you'll be wishing for TAS B's."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back