Persona 4 Arena

It's funny how me and literally everybody I've talked to about this game that actually played it feels the exact opposite about it compared to BB.

Edit: Seriously I got my character's basic BnBs down on the first day I played it (Hadn't ever touched it before). Learned another character's when I got the game in a half-hour. I'll agree the controls for shit like sweep and throw is unintuitive for a day or so but characters in this game are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more straightforward than BB and a lot of GG characters, in terms of what their buttons do (i.e. pretty much every character's 2B is the standard AA, TWO BUTTON PANIC BUTTON FOR LITERALLY EVERY CHARACTER, etc)

Double Edit: btw my execution and muscle memory are fucking horrendous and I still managed to do this.

this game is soo fun but I never sat down and mess with a Arc System Works game in my life before this so everything is weird to me. Also trying to learn stick and this game at the same time is VERY STUPID on my part.

This game is far easier than BB. Both in it's basic mechanics and advanced mechanics. That was the idea. Im not saying it's better or worse, i mean i love both games so far, it's just different and more straight forward.

Why must I wait till September? : ( Still, this game is very interesting to watch, and I'm hoping it becomes a mainstay FG alongside the other established titles. Planning to main Elizabeth personally (dat theme), but for the time being I must suffer with having to watch streams day after day.

It's funny how me and literally everybody I've talked to about this game that actually played it feels the exact opposite about it compared to BB.

Edit: Seriously I got my character's basic BnBs down on the first day I played it (Hadn't ever touched it before). Learned another character's when I got the game in a half-hour. I'll agree the controls for shit like sweep and throw is unintuitive for a day or so but characters in this game are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more straightforward than BB and a lot of GG characters, in terms of what their buttons do (i.e. pretty much every character's 2B is the standard AA, TWO BUTTON PANIC BUTTON FOR LITERALLY EVERY CHARACTER, etc)

Double Edit: btw my execution and muscle memory are fucking horrendous and I still managed to do this.

Amazing. I've started playing this game at the arcades around the end of... May? Early June? and I still haven't mastered any of the BnBs. Course, I haven't really found a main either, though I tend to play Yu and Labrys the most.

Liz gets on my nerves with those invincibility frame grabs. i think Shadow Labrys is darn difficult to play with just for the fact that her persona is constantly out and it has that 2-3 second delay on all it's moves.

okay. i'm having a problem with these grapples that can't seem to be broken. Liz and that dude with chairs. it's not like tager where the grabs are easy to get around but the chair dude has move where he covers most of the screen. it'll catch you on the ground or in the air. need help cause that chair dudes grapples do waaaay too much damage.

okay. i'm having a problem with these grapples that can't seem to be broken. Liz and that dude with chairs. it's not like tager where the grabs are easy to get around but the chair dude has move where he covers most of the screen. it'll catch you on the ground or in the air. need help cause that chair dudes grapples do waaaay too much damage.

You can duck them.

Liz gets on my nerves with those invincibility frame grabs. i think Shadow Labrys is darn difficult to play with just for the fact that her persona is constantly out and it has that 2-3 second delay on all it's moves.
Any tips for me playing Liz? She seems like she's bad at everything lol, but I wanna make her work.
The thing is, you gotta have to learn Thanatos as you learn her, because he makes up for everything she lacks.

For Elizabeth, I'm not sure how best to play her (I never did), but from what I've seen at the arcade and what I've been told, you need to make good use of Shuffle Time, her Reversal/R-Action (C+D).

You can duck them.
just figured that out. it's annoying that that airgrab is homing. kinda takes the skill out of it. for Labrys her charge hammer specials. can't seem to shorten it. and what's the point of her hammer glowing different colors? sorry for all the questions. just new to these 2D fighters.

cause it seems to change around. i see red, grey, blue, green. have no clue what each one means. or what they do.

This something that could've been explained in the game, but they never did. Labrys' axe acts as a heat gauge, though the only colors you really have to pay attention to is yellow and red since they change the stun time and allow for longer combos. For Labrys' supers, the main one 236236C/D, the C version deals fixed damage while the D version burns off all the heat on the axe putting into a grey state. The heat conversion from a color axe to a grey axe is converted into raw damage. Thus, it's usually best to burn off that heat from green, yellow and red. Normally the axe attempts to stay in green state and will automatically heat up or down to that state.

To heat the axe, just keep attacking. It decreases in heat if you are attacked or are blocking, but normally won't hit blue or grey state if you fail to attack.

If you want combos or strategies for Labrys, I can't really help you as I don't know any good ones. Nor can I really do any. I wil say That Labrys' 2B is kinda unique as it launches normally standing characters so it's easier for her to do air combos.

i wish there were more moves to the game like BB and those other arc system fighters. the game is a little simple so it just seems like we're just gonna see the same 1 or 2 combos over and over again during a match. but it's like someone else said. this game is more like a have fun/party with friends kind of game.

Shadow Labrys is hard to play, Aigia too. Mitsuru is probably the easiest, especially if you had prior charge training in other fighting games.

Back