PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Sega, Nintendo, Sony and even Microsoft stuff, no flag-fanboy

This generation is going to be the ultimate Darwin test: if X1 sell decent we gamers deserve to be extinct :D

I have a bet with a friend, i still believe that with a strong combination of fanboys, murrica, mass-ignorance and a couple of solid exclusives they can still do well

Hope to lose dat bet

I've yet hear from ignorant friends massive bullshit like
"x1 cost more but is more powerful"
"ps4 used games is the same!"
"MGSV/Withcher 3 are X1 exclusives i seen at e3!"

And many more, lol
What seem obvious on teh magic world of the internet is'nt ever true for the world outside

Fun stuff GameStop(wich surely hope Ps4 to win because used) ever seen by many gamers as the antichrist of game-shops, may become one of the most anti-ignorance weapon in Sony's arsenal
Pretty ironic i guess :D

As for me surely Ps4 at some point in early 2014, a WiiU probably this Xmas... or i just buy Rayman Legends, Puppeteer, Dragon's Crown, wait Castlevania LoS2 and when i finished all and jizzed in my pants i sell al thesel+Ps3 to get a Ps4 at cheap price

Only problem as now with PS4, there is no game i can give a fuck about, but i'm sure at some point cool stuff will be released

I tend not to trust tabloids as a general rule, but if it does turn out to be true that would make for one rather interesting midnight launch.

This is good news. However the XB1 still isn't as powerful a machine. so now we can play offline, YAY, but it will look/run inferior to how it will while online.

This is a great step forward but i think they need to rebuild the box to make it even with PS4

This is good news. However the XB1 still isn't as powerful a machine. so now we can play offline, YAY, but it will look/run inferior to how it will while online.

This is a great step forward but i think they need to rebuild the box to make it even with PS4
It's a giant step nowhere actually. Now we have to go back to everyone buying a game just to play together.

EDIT: i'm not letting my guard down yet. im going to wait a little longer...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
The fight for the little plastic disc has been won. Sadly the family plan seems to have been axed as a result. Good going guys...

i'm still unsure of the first time set up using an internet connection?...yet the disc must now always be in the tray...dont those two things contradict each other, or am I missing something? Or perhaps the "one time system setup" only refers to the console being set up itself? im just a little unsure of how to interpret that, though i believe it means the latter scenario, as that would make more sense.

in anycase dont worry Reave, you havent lost much - and personally. and you know what? you'll always have us! you're fellow gamers! even when we dont agree, we'll always be here for ya man! ^-^ we're fellow gamers! there's no bad blood between us - and i dont think there should be any bad blood between anybody else here either!

It's a giant step nowhere actually. Now we have to go back to everyone buying a game just to play together.

or you can have more developers push for split screen. split screen is a beautiful thing, and i miss it very much - its becoming a rarity. Personally I think its a giant step towards stability in the future of gaming.

oh =/ in anycase thanks for the information!

hmm...i wonder if my PC compatible stick will work...its an eightarc, works on XB360, PS3 and PC. can you try to find something on that for us Frayhua?

Today is a GREAT DAY!!!

@Slayer From my understanding, The initial internet requirement is because X1 will come with a Day 1 patch that does away with the old setup and allows for all the changes

Split screen is cool but not all of my child hood friends live in Philly anymore. As much as I dislike some of the games (NBA 2K, Battlefield, COD, etc) my friends play, I'd totally have gamed more with them on the strength of playing for free.

@Slayer From my understanding, The initial internet requirement is because X1 will come with a Day 1 patch that does away with the old setup and allows for all the changes

Split screen is cool but not all of my child hood friends live in Philly anymore. As much as I dislike some of the games (NBA 2K, Battlefield, COD, etc) my friends play, I'd totally have gamed more with them on the strength of playing for free.

well there's always more games you could play with them besides though. infact, you could always try to branch them out a little more. i game 50% on console, 50% on PC, and there's alot of free to play type PC games that you could play with your friends online - not all of them are even on steam either. Keep in mind most free to play games will be RPG's or MMO's, and alot of these games will run properly even on low end laptops. If you dont mind budget gaming, im almost certain you could pick up some old games like Diablo1 and 2(my favorites) that you would be able to play together too. OR better yet if you are infact restricted to console(which i can understand, whatever the reason be) you can try to get them to play more multiplayer games than just shooters or sports games. try a few FG's, try a few multiplayer hack and slashes, or RPG's, ya know what i mean?

But I mean for example, Me and a couple of other members of this site live hundreds of miles away from eachother, BUT we still find ways to spend time together, whether it be a free to play PC game, an old ass budget game, a game that we all play on xbox/ps3, whatever. It just takes a bit of communication and an open mind is all ^-^

Here's another suggestion, and thats all it is, make of it what you will, but you could always use the system me and my friends use - if they want me to buy a game, and i cant afford it, they get it for me. later on if i want them to buy a game, and they cant afford it, i repay them the favor once i have some money. for those of them who live out of town, while it is restricting, and i dont necessarily support it, digital download is always an option via xbox live cards, just buy one, and give them the code over the phone or something. Or you could always snail mail eachother pre-paid visa's back and forth?

If none of that can work though, then I guess you're friends are just gonna have to be on their own. its unfortunate but thats one of the disadvantages of moving away from home. I guess i'm lucky that everybody I know is staying locally for the indefinite future.

look, I'm happy MS did this. Truly am. It makes me more confidant about my eventual purchase of the system. Right now, I can only afford one. If I buy both right now, my wife will kill me. It took some convincing just to get her on board with a PS4.

But to talk some shit...
this does say something about MS's integrity... they ain't got none. Seriously tho, They must have been hurtin badly... That word of mouth son... That word of mouth.. People all around the world was pissed off with MS for that bull shit they tried to pull... and you know they were wrong for it, because when all is said and done? MS flipped the script HELLA QUICK! Didn't wait a week until after E3... WOOOO I would have loved to been a fly on that wall during that meeting after E3...
I wonder if people got chewed out..

"Who the fuck told someone to buy a 360 if they have no internet connection? GET THE FUCK IN HERE! BOY THE FUCK WRONG WITH YOU?!?!"

THEM DUDES GOT HOOD!!! They couldn't handle that world wide heat... they were like
"fuck... we didn't think this thru.."

or then you got that dude blaming Sony for not jumpin on board with them.
talkin that hard shit.
"motha fuckas... left us hangin. THEY SAID THEY WAS GOIN DO IT TOO!!! THEM MOTHA FUCKAS!!"
Sony over at E3 with the troll face talkin about..

"OOPs! Now the world's mad at you~~"

then you got that one dude over at sony singing that song to an MS exec:
"look at you.... now at look at us.. ALL MY NIGGAS LOOK RICH AS FUCK!"

That exec got heated! went back to the office on Monday Morning and slapped some folks. talkin about MAKE THIS SHIT RIGHT!

where your balls at now MS? cause the Internet got it.. Xbox 1 sales predictions (and I'm talkin on a world wide level, not just domestic) must have not looked good at all.. Not even a week after E3... they switched up. All that damage control... all that shit YA'LL niggas were spitten trying to defend the Xbox 1... where it at now? look it's on the floor. getting swept up with the rest of the grime.. and dirt... All that shit that Major Nelson was talkin to Angry Joe... getting mad and taking Joe's mic... WHERE IT AT??!? YOUR BALLS ARE GONE.. cut off like Theon Greyjoy... Sony over there eatin that Sausage...
WOOOOO....
oh boy that word of mouth! best marketing tool. because once word spreads... and if they spread negatively... better change that shit.. cause it doesn't bode well. But it comes with a price.. That integrity... That stand by your convictions.. Gone.. like justin timberlake's song..
Sing it if you know the words got damn..

but back to reality.. I will eventually purchase an Xbox1.. And I'm glad, I won't have to deal with all that bullshit. That family sharing shit.. Let's be real, that wouldn't have worked out as much as people were claiming it would have. the set up for it would have been a complete pain. I'm glad it's gone. Let's keep it with what we know. and when shit moves to digital in its entirety.. let's revisit this then. The world's just not ready for it now.

@Madnis M$ is definitely bitch made for this. I feel like Riley from Boondocks right now. They looking real unfamiliar right now. I can't even see them.

@Slayer We already game together on stuff like Gears, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Dead Island. Its just I don't suck and come up with cool ass strategies so they would like me to branch out to other things. I'm very stubborn on top of being cheap and refuse to buy stuff I'm not interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back