SCV Character Creation Discussion

Any word on if the Algol and Dampierre movesets will be available to CAS characters?
Damp, yes. In one of the streams, daishi and yoshi showed off a character they made to look like bob from tekken, who used damp's style.

Algol I would assume no, but then again, all three of the mimics can be used in cas.

Gonna make her, for sure. This is Ronin from Etrian Odyssey 2!
783173-ronin_default_large.png

Capture.JPG

Given that it's Patroklos' fighting style, the swords(as I'm sure we'll get more options than just Soul Calibur) probably won't be Japanese, regardless of the fact that the style is. Though, chances are they'll include a couple Japanese swords like they did with Siegfried's style in Broken Destiny. And if some of the other weapon options for Patroklos' style are more European-looking, then we finally have our longsword! :D

Given that it's Patroklos' fighting style, the swords(as I'm sure we'll get more options than just Soul Calibur) probably won't be Japanese, regardless of the fact that the style is. Though, chances are they'll include a couple Japanese swords like they did with Siegfried's style in Broken Destiny. And if some of the other weapon options for Patroklos' style are more European-looking, then we finally have our longsword! :D
Well, if you count edge master's version then there is one katana.

What I really don't understand is why they moved away from how they implemented beards in SC3. SC3's got a lot more variation when it comes to faces because you can put any beard/mustache on any male face, instead of being locked to like a handful predefined options.

250 chars in total, just think of how much data that would take up...
Actually, custom characters, even if they're as complex as in SC5, don't take up a lot of space. I'm pretty sure you could fit much more than 250 custom characters in less than 5 MB. I'll agree that it will be pretty annoying to scroll through them all. There would have to be a way to categorize them.

hey if u look at the end where he shows all the cas at the end it look like two more styles can fit there maybe there will be more after all who knows

I'm just going to do a bit of educational deduction here as to why you fine folks haven't seen a lot of new gear.

Do you remember how gear was unlocked in Soul Calibur IV? It was either found by getting Treasure Chests while ascending tower of lost souls/completing a certain amount of fights Descending tower of lost souls, or earning Honors. (You also got 2p parts when you bought characters, but most of the cast is unlocked in this one, so who knows?)

Since there is no Tower of Lost Souls type mode as far as we can tell, and since Story Mode and Legendary Souls mode have apparently given very little, I'm going to imagine the unlocks lie in an "Honors" system.

Honors were essentially achievements, if you recall, some of them were even linked to achievements. In Soul Calibur IV, the game would allow you to purchase a new bunch of items for every 5-10 honors you earned. It was a reasonable system, and I see no reason why they wouldn't do it again in V.

There are also some achievements in V that don't have explanations yet, but I think could possibly relate to an Honors-type system

Achievements.png

(Note: These are not online related, as the online related achievements specifically stated that they were online related)

Anyways, food for thought. Better than worrying about whether something will or won't be in the game because they haven't unlocked it in the first 5 minutes.

Back