Street Fighter 4!

Haha, I'm the same way with Rose, i tried Chun Li, but her inputs are just not as much of my style as i thought they were.

Anyone want to have some matches while we're still noobs message me
XDaiKonX - on xbl

So in order to get Akuma I have to beat arcade without continuing? The guide says I just have to beat it with all the unlocked characters so whats the deal?

Akuma does not show up until the second playthrough in arcade with a character. The only character in which you need to play with EVERYONE to unlock is Seth. Akuma, you have to be on your second playthrough with the same character and get at least on perfect and no continues.

I'll type this out one more time. Start with putting the game on easiest and setting the matches to 1.

To get Akuma, you need to unlock all of the other characters, then play through arcade mode and get 2 perfects and 2 ultra combo finishes to fight him. Defeat him and you will unlock him.

To get Gouken, beat arcade mode with Akuma, then play arcade mode again and get 2 perfects and 3 ultra combo finishes to fight him. Whip his punkass to unlock him.

To get Seth, beat the game with everyone to unlock him.

I think the unlock reqs are mor lenient than that.

For Unlocks I did:

Easiest setting
One Round
99 Seconds

Unlock everyone I could except Seth, Gouken, and Akuma, of course.

Bet the game with the person I was going to use to unlock Akuma. (Sagat as it's stupid easy to win with him)

For Akuma: 2 Perfects, and <= 2 ultras (yes, UNDER 2 Ultras or exactly 2 Ultras... if you do more you fight Gouken) and then whooped Akuma's monkey ass when he showed up unlocked him.

Then beat the game with Akuma.

For Gouken: 1 Perfect, and at least 3 Ultra finishes (I did like 5?) and then beat Gouken and voila! Let the hot Gouken action commence!

Then beat the game with everyone you haven't already beat it with and you're golden.

Will you guys please stop playing this so much and come back to SCIV. Its getting pretty lonely on SCIV LIVE.

Uber: No way homes, SF4's Online > SC4's Online

I can do the throws on landing (easy peasy) and on guard (sometimes) but not from just standing there neutral.

Any tips?

I finally figured this out(knew how but couldn't do it before...I kinda JUST got it down now)

for normal SPD/Running Grab(don't dis it on EX)
412369+P_K(PP_KK)
you can also do it the other direction
632147+P_K(PP_KK)
thus allowing you to walk towards the opponent and give them an SPD or EX Running Grab. You hit the diagonal and the P_K at the same time.

for super or Ultra, its also simular
632147412369+PPP
and
412369632147+PPP

For Super/Ultra I highly recommend buffering it.

Does it matter what character you use to unlock Gouken. I can easliy make the requirements with Abel; however, i keep getting Akuma. Do i have to use a Shotokan ?

EDIT: Just got him today. Thanks to Ljkabookiefor posting that site. Just so you know, i used Akuma (second time around) and did 1 perfect with 3 ultras. Now on to Seth. :D

Anyone playing on PSN needs to add me (Bronzefist). I'm soooooooooooo sick of fighting nothing but shotos online. I don't mind fighting *good* shotos, but holy fuck someone people just spam dragon punch the whole fucking match. I'm loving this game so far. I'm done with SC4 until it gets patched (looks at Hilde), but even then I dunno if I'll pick it up again. I'm still a scrub at this game though lol.

Anyone playing on PSN needs to add me (Bronzefist). I'm sooooooo sick of fighting nothing but shotos online. I don't mind fighting *good* shotos, but holy fuck someone people just spam dragon punch the whole fucking match. I'm loving this game so far. I'm done with SC4 until it gets patched (looks at Hilde), but even then I dunno if I'll pick it up again. I'm still a scrub at this game though lol.

I feel your pain... I will add you.

So, what's the verdict? I've been reading through this topic but am still looking for the general opinion. I understand it is different than SC IV. SC IV could have been near perfect if it wasn't for the glitching moves and tracking verticals. That and the simularity between characters made me stop playing it and only get it out when I get friends over. Of course, the SHIT online mode could have something to do with that.

How is SF IV online? How is the balance? Is it more based on timing than on execution?

Let me put it this way: Is SF IV the best fighting game to hit the consoles so far?

Need help here really quick.

I main bison and my secondary is Rose. I am curious about how to beat a certain play style.

Against Sagat, how do you beat someone who stays back and launches a few fireballs and waits for you to come then combos you? My teleport is unsafe and I am throw punished, I cant jump attack or else he hits HK and hits me from the air just to combo me, I cant run straight up or else im smacked by his fireballs. My DownCharge Up+K doesnt work either since He still hits me from the air. Same problem with knee press and psycho crusher, punished after use. What am I to do? Any tips?

Back