Super Smash Bros Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

I hope that because we don't have Lucas, Ness will be better.
PK Flash is utter trash and Ness does not utilitze PSI for almost all of his moves. His Side smash is somewhat stronger than Lucas' but Lucas' Down smash has better utility and his up Smash is the of the strongest in brawl. Lucas' down special can be used as an attack and his up special is a better deterrent plus it has better controls. Lucas also has a tether recovery option.

What buffs could Ness recieve if his clone has clear fundamental advantages?

Give one of them PK Rockin/PK Love/PK Power as a Final smash as an alternative to starstorm and bring them both in.

I don't get the point of clones when you can now literally change the aspect of the moves, which is what most of the clones were anyway.

I don't get the point of clones when you can now literally change the aspect of the moves, which is what most of the clones were anyway.
So how would all that be determined in a tournament? As far as altered specials for the main cast and Palutena having multiple specials?

So how would all that be determined in a tournament? As far as altered specials for the main cast and Palutena having multiple specials?

Good point, tbh I don't play Smash competitively (hell I barely touch SC lately) so I didn't think of that. Honestly I don't know, maybe there'll just be set-up time, or some changes will be banned but others fine, or some combinations of changes disallowed or something, I have no clue.

What buffs could Ness recieve if his clone has clear fundamental advantages?

They could mix the better parts of both characters into one.
We haven't seen any Ness gameplay and even if they don't alter moves Namco is helping to make it somewhat balanced so who knows? We might finally see Ness not being shit-tier.

I hope that because we don't have Lucas, Ness will be better.

I imagine with customizable move sets, Ness will end up with all of Lucas's moves as alts.

This doesn't really explain why Wolf would get cut and Falco would stay, though.

To be honest, I always like having more representation for each series. It would be nice to see lesser known games pick up new characters. If every series could get the same treatment as Kid Icarus, that would be awesome.

I imagine with customizable move sets, Ness will end up with all of Lucas's moves as alts.

Whoa, hold on a minute. The only things that are customizable are stats, special moves and special move properties. I really don't think they would make a complete leap and customize entire movesets like that.

Yep, when I posted my Best Buy impressions earlier in this thread I did mention that it definitely felt slower than Brawl. I'm not sure how people who played the game at Best Buy, thought it was faster than Brawl. It certainly is less floaty, though.

On top of that, new character confirmed:

Having never had chance to play it, does this moveset seem like a good way of representing him in SB, what the heck is that little yellow thing, and why is one of his alts underwear?

I hear whispers of Goldenface at the end of that trailer.

James-Halpert-is-Goldenface.jpg

Having never had chance to play it, does this moveset seem like a good way of representing him in SB, what the heck is that little yellow thing, and why is one of his alts underwear?

Xenoblade Chronicles uses a combat system that's similar to a modern MMORPG battle system. In Xenoblade, however, the system doesn't rely on strict rotations found in MMOs and but instead takes the archetypes of Tank/healer/damage and puts its on spin on it. Shulk, in that game, is a positional attacker that's more closely associated with rogues from WoW or lancers from FF14. He has attacks that deal great damage behind the target (back slash) and from the side. He can knockdown opponents interrupting their attacks, and his prediction ability let's him see the opponents next big attack and prep for it by either defending against it, or knocking the opponent out before the attack comes. Overall, Shulk is a pretty offensive fighter and not a typical well-rounded character like other RPG heroes.

The little yellow guy is Riki! He's the Hero-pon! In Xenoblade Chronicles, he's a tank type character that relies on damage over times and absorbs to do his major tanking stuff. Dunban, the other character seen in the trailer is another tank type that relies on evasion and counterhits for his damage and power. The traditional tanker type not seen in the video is Reyn, who is best known for his quote "It's Reyn time!" which Shulk apes in the video.

The symbols that appear on the Monado sword are special powers that Shulk obtains during the course of the game. They basically improve his damage against certain enemy types, gives him a temporary haste, defensive shield, among others. They seem accurately pulled from Xenoblade to Smash.

Thanks for that Windstar, helps me appreciate him a little more. Definitely seems like he'll be an interesting character to play as.

Back