Tekken 7 is a thing...

I don't understand her win pose,"I can't believe i won,*cries*"
I would assume that those are tears of joy,but nobody cries like a 5 year old out of joy.

Also,Jin's rage art is his TTT2 item move,and Devil Jin's one is his SFxT super.

OMG Josie Rizal's rage art is Xiba's Critical Edge!
Talk about recycling! It's hilarious!

Its more similar to xiba's than Devil Jin is to Devil Jin's critical edge. She definately reeks of last-minute addition and will likely be significantly overpowered or underpowered.

Personally still think this new characters are awful. come on, a bit of imagination! What happened with the cyberninjas. the leopard masks and the velociraptors? Come on, I want some fun, not just some generic pretty girl, we already have DOA for that.

Josie is so poor, she stole super moves from a monkey. Wtf Harada? Stop racist stereotyping Filipinos!

/joke

Last edited:
Well, glad I never got into Tekken so I didn't settle on any character. Looks like I will learn Katarina instead of Lili, lol.

Even Lucky Chloe looks more westerner than Lili. Lili is transracial Asian now.

I wouldn't say she looks Asian. She just has more almond, than round shaped eyes, which have always been regarded as more glamorous and desirable. It kind of calls to mind the eyes of classic actresses like Elizabeth Taylor, Eva Gabor, Sophia Loren and Virna Lisi to me.
c3f7cd0f7136903db99b728a5c7f3849_400x400.jpeg
Eva%20Gabor4.jpg
66o3uWEkUkuou1oV9IXcTsCu9hL.jpg
spoiler
Sophia_Loren_17.jpg
Virna_Lisi_giovane.jpg

Virna-Lisi-2.jpg
lilitekken7face_by_kishbish-d8gabq7.png

Filipinos believe it or not did originate from Spaniards which is why they're a bit tanned for Asians. The language Tagalog has similar words that are Spanish-like. Thus, Filipino friends of mine can sometimes get mistaken as Mexican or whatever.

Filipinos weren't that tall as Josie, but I'll just dismiss Josie as a mixed breed or think of her as Tekken's Talim. I will add some Filipino lady models are mixed since Americans and other countries be snatching them up. Anyways, I've been around tons of Filipinos myself since I'm a half-breed.

I wish her outfit was modest and ethnic to the country like Talim in SC3, but oh well. At least we have a Filipino representative.

Filipinos believe it or not did originate from Spaniards which is why they're a bit tanned for Asians. The language Tagalog has similar words that are Spanish-like. Thus, Filipino friends of mine can sometimes get mistaken as Mexican or whatever.
This is a common misconception. In reality only a little under 5% of all Filipinos have any Spanish blood, and only 3% of the population claims some degree of Spanish heritage. The thing is that Filipinos of European ancestry are very wealthy and influential, and thus are over represented (just like white Mexicans). Their influence and wealth also explains why the native Tagalog and Visayan languages and cultures have Spanish influences.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1235276/

As you said though, she's probably mixed. Or, you know, anime. Like Jin, who doesn't really look either Japanese or white.

The thing is that Filipinos of European ancestry are very wealthy and influential, and thus are over represented (just like white Mexicans).
Wait. Huh? Mixing in Mexico is far more widespread, partly owing to the nature of the colonization effort in both areas and partly owing to influxes of immigrants from not just spain, but also germany, poland, ireland and other places. Speaking as somebody who hails form dirt poor light skinned mexicans I think you have a few misconceptions here.

Last edited:
Wait. Huh? Mixing in Mexico is far more widespread, partly owing to the nature of the colonization effort in both areas and partly owing to influxes of immigrants from not just spain, but also germany, poland, ireland and other places. Speaking as somebody who hails form dirt poor light skinned mexicans I think you have a few misconceptions here.
I am latin american myself, and I know what you're saying but that's not what I mean. My comment about Mexico is that even though White Mexicans (not the mestizo majority, but the full blooded ethnic European minority) account for less than 10% of the population, they completely dominate the media and culture.

The average novela cast looks like this:

Screen-Shot-2012-10-13-at-7.25.04-PM.png

Which is clearly not representative of how most people from our countries look. But ever since colonial times this has been considered the ideal look because it implies European ancestry, which almost unequivocally means money. The same goes for any former European colony, be it Bolivia, South Africa, or the Philippines.

I am latin american myself, and I know what you're saying but that's not what I mean. My comment about Mexico is that even though White Mexicans (not the mestizo majority, but the full blooded ethnic European minority) account for less than 10% of the population, they completely dominate the media and culture.

The average novela cast looks like this:

Screen-Shot-2012-10-13-at-7.25.04-PM.png

Which is clearly not representative of how most people from our countries look. But ever since colonial times this has been considered the ideal look because it implies European ancestry, which almost unequivocally means money. The same goes for any former European colony, be it Bolivia, South Africa, or the Philippines.

Ah now I hear you. Fairly said man.

Why would the Filipin goverment complain about a characters name in a game?

Do the goverment made an statement or what? and if it did it...why?

The reason why the government is pissed is because the character is named after one of their national heroes. I guess that's considered an insult to their culture and heritage.

Back