The AMAZING SC5 Online General Discussion Thread

Wow - I'm glad I have Xbl again now, let me tell you all a little story:

Our story begins when Syn went on ranked to slap a few bitches with Nightmare. After fighting a DEPRESSING number of day 1 scrubs (or close enough) he found himself 26-0 up and his next opponent was a UK player with a 98% ratio and a few hundred games, called Mike Swagger so Syn naively thought 'This guy might at least know what he's doing.'
Alas, Syn was wrong: 2 perfects and a RO against a Voldo scrub. But this scrub was differant, he ragequit in the final replay, leaving Syn to feel genuinely satisfied at knowing he's not just properly beaten down - he mad!
This set the gears in Syn's head turning: He could troll this fool. And so, Syn did message Mike Swagger with a bit of innocent trolling:

The mighty Syn wrote: Salty?

To which the now proclaimed court fool responded with:

On 04/03/2012 at 07:58
Mike Swaggar wrote:

not really as being beaten by nightmare is too often. I also came 10th EVO 2009 as a Europe rep for SCIV so i accomplished more than you already youtube it if you want. When you get paid for this then you give me a call
Message will expire in 30 days |Block user

... And Syn saw that it was good. ^_^

To the people who throw out random CEs while I am obviously guarding:
I am guarding. Do you not see my character standing there guarding? You are wasting meter.

I'm starting to play online more often. It's kind of fun fighting against button mashers. I love when they consistently run into Leixia's 66B.

Well I'm sure the "worst matchups" thread in aPat's SA reads something like "which character does Alpha have the least ease demolishing?"

Well I'm sure the "worst matchups" thread in aPat's SA reads something like "which character does Alpha have the least ease demolishing?"
Demolishing anybody with Alpha is not easy - an Alpha player has to work hard for wins, the advantage to this situation being his toolset is perfect for winning... IN THEORY.
People are not perfect and will make mistakes - this is much more common with Alpha.

Demolishing anybody with Alpha is not easy - an Alpha player has to work hard for wins, the advantage to this situation being his toolset is perfect for winning... IN THEORY.
People are not perfect and will make mistakes - this is much more common with Alpha.
Im perfect
i even discovered a just frame lizardman 66a thats 200 damage and I never mess up cause im perfect

Does anyone else's blood boil whenever they see a Mitsurugi online? I swear, it's probably not just me.
I don't mind seeing Mitsurugi online (as long as there aren't too many). I've found ways to dispatch folks who misuse some of attacks. Natsu is the one I can't stand... I don't like to complain about a character being overpowered, but I'm starting to see where the complaints are coming from. I have several issues with fighting her:

1: Almost all of her attacks advances her forward. It can make zoning her a challenge.
2: Her bombs get abused to oblivion (especially the 2A+B). For some reason, I can't always jump when I want to.
3: According to the Future Press guide, she has a low complexity level and is very accessible, hence why online is full of her
4: It seems to me that players will always use teleport, even if they know that opponent knows when they're going to do it. It's like they'll keep doing it until it works, rather than try to do anything else. That gets very annoying.

I don't mind seeing Mitsurugi online (as long as there aren't too many). I've found ways to dispatch folks who misuse some of attacks. Natsu is the one I can't stand... I don't like to complain about a character being overpowered, but I'm starting to see where the complaints are coming from. I have several issues with fighting her:

1: Almost all of her attacks advances her forward. It can make zoning her a challenge.
2: Her bombs get abused to oblivion (especially the 2A+B). For some reason, I can't always jump when I want to.
3: According to the Future Press guide, she has a low complexity level and is very accessible, hence why online is full of her
4: It seems to me that players will always use teleport, even if they know that opponent knows when they're going to do it. It's like they'll keep doing it until it works, rather than try to do anything else. That gets very annoying.

The Natsu players I come across are either total scrubs or just love using her bomb-grapple combos. (Fortunately, I don't see her online that often)

When I do, it usually starts off with 6B+K, BBB spam, AABBB spams, WR AAA spams, or it's someone who will use the bomb + grapple combo every chance possible.

It usually starts off with 6B+K, BBB spam, AABBB spams, WR AAA spams, or it's someone who will use the bomb + grapple combo every chance possible.

I can handle the AABBB and BBB on block and I know where she appears after some 6B+K, so I just stop her with BB. They actually don't use her rising attacks very often. The problem I get is when they always use A+B (which seems so damn fast) and then follow it with 2A+B. If I'm grounded, it's guaranteed to hit and if I'm standing/rising, there is little time for me to do anything whether it's jumping or retaliating. And yeah, they loving doing the bomb + grabble combo as well as the bomb + CE + grabble combo any chance they get. Most of my ranked losses came from Natsu players (not a single one of them haven't used a bomb). I could use some Anti-Natsu tactics, because studying and playing her doesn't seem to be enough.

Fucking nice timing. How do they do this? You think those people TRAIN to disconnect in right situations?

Back