Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

I am actually experimenting with BS/MCHT A+B~2.
It's actually quite good. Not only does it mix it up with BS A+B~G, it prevents most movement in some situations :
22B BS 66K BS A+B~G MCHT A+B~2 will prevent any kind of backward roll + attack / step (like you need to do in order to whiff punish a delayed MCHT K).

MCHT A+B~2 and MCHT A+B~2] will also prevent 100% punishment too.

Found some more Voldo glitches, and some fairly interesting ones.

After using a move that leaves you in blindstance, if you do (8G), you will block while idling. Its essentially the same as the 8wr glitch, but you aren't moving at all, and Voldo is in his idle stance. Looks like you've gone afk, but you'll block any mids and highs.

The kicker is, if you do the same after a move that leaves you in BS and FC, like BS 2K, you'll get the glitch from a crouching position, and will duck all throws and block all mids and highs. Voldo will stand up for a throw after its whiffed, which lets you punish with whatever.

This is awesome !!!!
Very easy to do, very consistant ! I'll try to use it in my game.

I love 1A into [8G] or BS 2K / BS 2A into [8G] this bug animation is cool.

Thanks DeathInMyEyes !

EDIT : tried further, it is really weird.
I could not duck throw after BS 2K for exemple when I used it. Voldo has FC animation but no FC properties. You take a throw like you're stnading.
What are your tests ?

Last edited:
Wtf Voldo is the SC4 Ivy it seems.

Sounds imba :P

Alas it isn't. If I didn't miss anything in my tests, it defenitively doesn't TC even if you're in FC animation. It's just a deceiptful standing guard.

But, you probably can find some uses for that, especially since you're in a FC animation to bait mids and get back some advantage.

Thanks DeathInMyEyes !

EDIT : tried further, it is really weird.
I could not duck throw after BS 2K for exemple when I used it. Voldo has FC animation but no FC properties. You take a throw like you're stnading.
What are your tests ?

I was using Asta's command throws, and voldo stood up after the grabs whiffed.

OH, and he stands up for low grabs too, so he can't be caught with 2a+g/b+g

EDIT: okay, after retesting it, the grab has to come after he's in full crouch and you're doing the glitch. There's apparently still some standing animations at the start of the glitch and that's what i'm assuming you're catching.

Try letting him sit for a minute before grabbing. I'll try to grab a video, but its gonna be a cell phone quality.

EDIT #2: Well, fuck. I found this glitch at 2AM last night and didn't bother testing other characters. Apparently, it only ducks asta's throws and only up close. Weird. Didn't test everyone though, so there might still be some characters' throws that Voldo ducks.

Last edited:
good job dime
top notch investigating

This looks like a remnant of fuzzy guard from pre-1.02. Voldo's blind stance stuff must be handled in a completely different manner from the rest of the cast, since all the stuff that gets patched out for them (fuzzy guard, step G) seems to stay in as an edge case for BS.

If someone has an unpatched version of SCV they could check to see if regular fuzzy guard will stand up from Asta's crouch throws too. I have a feeling it should work.

... wtf you guys banned Enkindu ? Sigh...

On topic : I tested it. This bug seems useless alas. It can be used against CE throws though which is kinda cool.

Way to reward someone who has been in the SC community for 10+ years.

-----------------------

I fought against a Patroklos yesterday, and the TC BS 8G bug works against Pat too !!
Depending on range it's sometimes random but it's cool. You're standing up after the throw, so I'd advice to punish the whiffed throw with BS 6B6B or BS 4K.
BS 66B may be possible but I find it hard to confirm (and it has whiff issues at close range).

Sweet. I also found out it works against ivy too, though not as often as asta.

It seems to work better after bs 2a for whatever reason

Enk probably wrote it somewhere but I did not know so I'll repost it :
1K] dash BCR B is tech trap all side for 108dmg or 127dmg with a CE.

Cannot be done against BT opponent.

Now if we coud find something to prevent them from staying OTG....

intredasting news

I found out how to have voldo actually block during the FC (8G) glitch, instead of just sitting in his idle pose. If you crouch block normally with 2(G), then quickly do (8), you'll stay in crouch and you'll block, but you'll only block highs and mids.

Alternatively, if you're a pad warrior master race, you can do it by doing 2(G) with the analog, then doing (8) on the dpad. Much easier.

All this does is give you the same glitch, but instead of looking like you're sitting there, it looks like you're blocking, so they're even less likely to run up and low/grab you.

Who use 22A+B here?
I find that move just plain awesome.
Between the super step and the mix up, I actually use it a lot.
I don't see that move being used that much in vids, why ?

Everytime you feel opponent will use a vertical or when he freezes (mostly when you're at good advantage).

- If he uses a vertical, well, free BS 4K for you. Often, if you step a vertical that way, it will hit opponent BT and you will be able to do either :
BS 4K BS 66K BCR B (and BS 2B+K MCHT K if they don't tech) or BS 4K BS 66K BS CE MCHT K combos.

Remark that it also has super tech step frames and you'll be able to step some weird stuff sometimes like Maxi's 66K/66A or some antistep moves some times.

You don't take CH during the 22A+B move. Of course it's more dangerous than regular step, but it has more reward.

- If he freezes, you have a perfect mix up : BS 4K, BS 2A+B, BCR B, BS 2B+K and BS throw.

BCR is tricky, you need to buff the 236 instantly after the 22A+B since you have 2 timings : you'll see what I mean if you use a late BCR B after 22A+B, you'll go backward a bit after 22A+B.

BCR A+B works too for even more deceiptive stuff.

22A+B BS 4A+B~G is very good, but don't limit yourself to that !
You can confuse opponent a lot with stuff like 22A+B BS 8A+K or 22A+B BS 8A+B or 22A+B BS 4A+K.

------------------

22A+B is really, really good. It's one hell of an underated move to get the momentum going too.
Try it a little, you'll see what I mean !

Enk probably wrote it somewhere but I did not know so I'll repost it :
1K] dash BCR B is tech trap all side for 108dmg or 127dmg with a CE.

Cannot be done against BT opponent.

Now if we coud find something to prevent them from staying OTG....

BS 2(B) perhaps?

Anyways, I've messed around with that glitch DIME discovered; against tall characters, it seems like unless your opponent is right next to you, Voldo will stand up into the grab. Against any normal sized characters, the throw will always connect. So it seems like the most practical counter to this glitch would be just to throw (back throw). Still pretty fun though. Good discovery, DIME!

On 22_88A+B, you'd be surprised how good this move is for stepping. You can get a lot of back throws off of it if you 22_88A+B in the same direction a BS grab goes (22A+B on 1P side, 88A+B on 2P side). You also have BS 66G+A which can be used as well to prevent stepping too far and getting a side throw. A good example is against Voldo's 66A+B~K: If you block the first hit, then 22A+B around the canned K, and then cancel the first rotation into BS 66A+G, you'll always get a back throw.

One more thing, with Voldo's 22_88A+B, you are normally unable to execute BS 8WR attacks during it. You can only do 8WR attacks when you are considered facing the front. HOWEVER, if you do 22_88A+B, and then, for example, you do 22_88K while Voldo is facing the front during the dance, you won't get 22_88K, but instead, you'll see the Quick Step lines appear, after this, you CAN execute a BS 8WR attack during the next rotation. HOWEVER HOWEVER, if, for example, you do 88A+B, and you do 88K while Voldo is considered facing the front, keep holding 8, then immediately press K again, you'll get BS 8WR K right away. You can do this with, I think, all of this BS 8WR attacks. I hope this makes sense. I'll make a video of it really quick to show what I mean.

EDIT: here we go

Last edited:
Nice find enkindu !!
That seems amazing to get BS 8WR A or BS 8WR B.

BS 8WR A allows to continue presure and BS 8WR B is a medium risk high reward launcher. Nice stuff !!

On a side note, 22_88A+B into BS throw does allow you to get backthrow yes, but I'd rather do BS 4K.
BS 4K is safer, has less recovery than whiffed throw, is a middle, deals as much or a bit more damage than BS throw (especially if you get then BT), has more ring carry and nets you more BE gauge than BT throw.
All times you can do BS throw into BT throw, you could have done BS 4K. IMO it's better.

Hmm, you know something Maxou, and it's kind of embarassing for me to admit, but I don't really use BS 4K much lol. I use BS 6B6B, and BS 6B5B (this one, not so much). And it has to do with Voldo's front facing launcher input being 1K, and his BS version being BS 4K. I also feel it's an old habit I have from SC2 with his BS 1K not launching high enough for guaranteed damage. It is really good though, DIME has surprised me with BS 4K's priority many times,

BS 6BB is amazing actually. 2nd hit has sick tracking properties.
And if your opponent is used to JG 2nd hit of BS 6B6B, BS 6BB will confuse them a lot !
BS 4K is amazing too, you should totally use it (and it breaks guard too, and has good range... and it has good tracking properties .... god that move is so good).

Last edited:
Back