Women wearing makeup: How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about makeup on women?

• Total voters
Most makeup I couldn't give two shits about unless it's done overboard.

Clear lip gloss, however? Hells yes.

Yeah but unless I'm way off base here- you are a man; or at least male. The specifics of my parameters are how can a WOMAN/FEMALE judge what it is to be a man?
How can a man judge how all men should be men?

The gender role question is a fat ass line of gray for all who judge it.

Well I've lived by one credo as far as the whole when is a man a man. My father, the greatest man I've ever known (God rest his soul) told me one time, the only thing that separates a man from a boy is when he holds himself accountable for everything in his own life. Along with holding himself responsible and acts responsibly for those he cares for. It's made the most sense since I heard it and I've seen it throughout my life. Those who follow that credo (whether they know it or not) are the guys that I respect as a man. The rest are children and are beneath my level.

real talk/

I'm going to share my opinion on this matter. Cause i feel that not many has touched upon this.

Please understand that this is coming from a gay young adult. *i wouldn't call myself a man JUST yet, i have some time to mature*

I was born with naturally curley hair. Thankfully my mother is of spanish decent, so my hair's texture is a little bit more fine and smooth. Now even though everyone has always told me that they LOVE my hair, i've always felt the need to SHAVE MY HEAD BALD because i felt silly sporting my hair the way it was. One day though, i got a pretty bad hair cut *though i'm not sure how, i just wanted to be bald...* and i decided i'd take matters into my own hands.

So one summer i decided to grow out my hair again, and once it reached a suitable length, do you know what i did. I took a blowdryer and a flatiron and i straightened my hair. And MAN did i like the outcome. Afterwards, i got some comments from people saying they liked my new hair, others saying they liked my curls, and others saying i looked gayer than usual. However, none of this, not even the compliments affected me. The reason for this is because i was never in it to win ANYONE'S approval, i was in it because i liked it, i liked doing it, and I was all that mattered when it came to the subject of my hair.

Now is this really any different for girls who where make up. Granted, some girls may only wear make up to appeal to the opposite *or same* sex, and whether that is right or wrong is up to you. But what if a woman truely wears make up because they like doing it. Is she "lying" to us by wearing make up, when in fact, it could just be something in her character. Do we tell her she's wrong when in fact she's just expressing her hobbies.

I feel like we put too much thought into makeup, simply because it changes a part of our body. But really, is putting on makeup ANY different from getting a tattoo or getting something pierced perhaps....

If you are trying to tell me that everyone is full of shit; then we agree.
No, just trying to state that generalizing any human behavior is a very inexact science. There are numerous outliers, culture norms, motives, etc... Really the attempt is only to serve a possible reasoning, not define one for all those that do as such. Wearing make up has sooooo many different things to consider and you're not going to simply tie them all up with a single answer such as 'they're all bullshitters'. The same goes for male/female behavior that can draw from genetics, upbringing, culture, etc... there's a reason defining a preset template for male and female gender roles falls apart all the time and is a flawed theory to begin with (but fuck if western societies be bothered with any research on history, psychology, sociology, etc... basically all the shit that screams "diversity happens, get the fuck over it!"). The only generalization I tend to subscribe to is that generally those that generalize will constantly be mislead by their logic (ironic, no?). People and their reasonings are case by case scenario and generalizations only serve as an early template to compare in hopes to explain, if you apply a generalization and then only seek to disprove it versus prove it prior...you will often miss the real reasoning and form new theories based off poorly derived results (See: man hating femiNazis and their views on ALL men)

All men with nice cars don't have small penises and not all girls wanna ring on it...but it's fun to generalize (unless you write an obnoxious song that will forever haunt all men...well generally all men...or men that generally refer to themselves as general men...see where I'm going here)?

i didn't know this poll was for generalizing. I thought it was all just individuals' opinions on what they thought about makeup. yeah a couple of people said what they would prefer but that's their own preference and doesn't state "what women should do." so i don't think men are bad for having their own likes and wants. women do the same thing. a *straight/bisexual/hell maybe even homosexual* female sees a man walking by them in the mall or on the sidewalk there is gonna be some real quick sizing up of that individual. now exactly how is different for every person. for me if I see a girl walk by then I go from hair, shoes, eyes, face, then the clothes. I make these observations in about 2 seconds to get an idea of the person's personality. so in a nut shell unless someone on here makes a blunt insulting phrase regarding what he thinks about makeup the rest is nothing to take seriously (unless you like the person. then it's very important to find out what he likes. yeah right. just kidding. that topic's for a different discussion.)

My issue falls in the fact that we are putting them up for judgement and some of the reasoning isn't "I don't like the way it looks" but things like "it's a physical lie". We are all committing this at any extent of fashion and certain forms of body upkeep. Generalizing is when we assume it's a need to hide to be competitively attractive. Most of the poll targets the concept of make-up not the aesthetic result of it. Sometimes make-up is merely a way to be diverse in how you look, a stylistic choice by nature, not one of tucking away flaws. So I feel the accused reasoning has been generalized to prompt the seemingly ethical judgements being voted on. It's not always about being prettier than one is by nature; there's tradition, themes, matching colors, completing a look, special occasion, culture norms, style diversity, etc...

Really it's sort of unfair to target only females and disregard many things we all do that is no different than the implied intent.

well unless were talking about drags or male goths that where makeup or male clowns then this particular thread is about females. but like I said it's one thing. i don't like hearing "men are all the same" from anyone especially a female because i know that's not true. the same goes with ladies having their own thought too. I'm old fashioned so I women as much as i respect men as long as they don't have a personality or trait i dislike. but even then I still treat them with respect. I don't remember reading anyone attacking women as a whole. it's not really judging because no one is saying "women should be like this" or "women should look like this". how do we feel about women wearing makeup. that's an automatic opinion suggestion.

Males wear make up too. Concealer is not uncommon.

The issue with the poll is it is voting on if make-up is ok or not, assuming it's intended use. Many of these options are reserved for only specific reasons for use and not use as a whole. If someone is doing a 'look' to match their attire, someone is covering a scar, someone is doing a traditional/cultural look, and another is trying to be the next Barbie doll, none of these options applies to all. They are conditional and each one is it's own question of use, they are not all to be 'physical lies' to mask imperfections, they can serve other purposes.

How one FEELs about another wearing make up fails to address are you ok with the reason of use and are ignorantly assuming all uses apply to the same purpose. I find it out of place to make judgements based on a generalization of use.

If anything isn't making judgements on how someone operates part of the reason many girls are compelled to wear make-up for the implied circumstance? Not all do it to appease and lie to others, many do it as a personal thing for personal reasons and for us to cast a judgement on it as a whole showcases we don't understand what we're judging.

Not saying anyone is being offensive, many are speaking per scenario like they should...but the question is flawed making people need to fill in the blanks and assume. That is all.

Ahem, women enjoy their make-up for their own reasons. If it's for a man for instance, I hope it's "me" she has in mind. Tee-hee! Otherwise, I'm just gonna enjoy my little pervy thoughts to some anonymous pretty lady with it on. Then, it's straight to the body of a lady if the face is decent and the make-up is just right. Then it preludes into just simply going up and talking to her to see if she's worth my time. Animal before human. I'm done shitting logic.

I'm tired of seeing IvyFanboy spout these long opinions in so many threads. I don't bother reading it because it takes too long. Just a red flag showing you don't know what you're talking about.

You and Signia and sometimes others in the past have this self-righteous way about being scientific and all correct and stuff. But, I'm a non-believer because when the battle is on, I win. That's right, all opinions can be settled in the game of SoulCalibur. I challenge IFB to shut up unless he beats me in SC5. You missed your chance by not showing up to Devastation. Scrub!

Since when does explaining an answer showcase lack of knowledge on the topic? I'm sorry lemme try this again: 'bitches dun wear make up to front, but I like dem lips shiny' ...my comment has now carried the conversation and has some how been an interesting read for someone.

And yes...I'm more than aware of you ability to post on my things without reading them...it's well documented. Seriously in these types of threads what do you expect? And what's wrong with being correct?!?!??!??!!!?!?!!?!?

Sorry couldn't make Dev. That was a matter of finances and managing a job. Where were you at EVO?

Also notice my argument is there's no simple answer to this...so how could I post a simple answer? What good is an answer without reasoning?

Saying you're correct doesn't mean you are correct. Everyone else will decide that for you. Also, I wasn't interested in attending EMO. Devastation sounds cooler.

In closing, my final thoughts on makeup are as follows:

TmriO.jpg

I meant aspiring to be correct. Also no...'everyone else' does not decide what's correct...much less people in the fighting game community >_>. Logic is not marked by popular choice...and would rarely win if given to vote. Saying 'I'm correct cuz I'm correct' is Idle's thing, I just argue I make valid opinions with supporting details.

Hopefully a new job will yield better chances to compete outside of Vegas.

The image however...is irrefutable. I concur.

Why dont you guys take it out in the street, and hit each other with your purses? First one to bleed out thier cooter loses!!

HRD

Back