1.04 Thread - Whiffing Issues

Slade

[14] Master
This is a thread to list all known whiffing issues and other glitches that the Mighty Algol has in one convenient place so that they might be fixed in the next patch.

Credit goes to PartyEagle for these videos/discoveries:
watch

Sometimes during QI A+BB the brave edge will not activate over the ring edge, resulting in a self ringout.

623B will whiff against Mitsurugi's Mist stance.

The first hit of 4BA whiffs after blocking Cervantes's WR B+K.

Sometimes 4B+K will catch the opponent's backstep but the opponent will not take damage or be launched by the chair. They get set on fire and stumble backwards but that's all that happens.

If Algol catches back tech with 4B+K after 66A+B connects, he will teleport forward into the opponent (who will be sitting a good distance away from his throne) and launch them behind him.

Sometimes during QI A+BB the brave edge will not activate over the ring edge, resulting in a self ringout.

I think this is entirely range dependant and not a glitch or anything.

My number 1 thing I want fixed is the CE glitch where it doesn't stun them. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Yeah, I've had the CE glitch happen to me several times. Especially after 22_88A. I have no idea why, but I might test it a little more thoroughly when I get home.

I just saw it and WTF!!! I guess we should never do CE after a 22_88A. I was in training mode trying to see if it may fail and only 22_88A give me this odd ass glitch. The only other time was trying it after a 88B (22B worked fine with me)

I'm pretty positive I've even had it happen from 66B once though. >_> or maybe it was off a bubble.

I would point out though that this is extremely rare considering it has only happened to me a few times since the game came out. It's just that when it does happen it wrecks your combo.

The CE stun bug happened to me at least twice now.
44B 66A+B FC8B BE 44B sometimes will whiff depending on how close the opponent is to the wall/ring. Sometimes the combo results in ringouts for the opponent, too.

Ive managed to find one, but im not sure if this is the right area to post this as this HELPS algol. When Pyyrha does 66B BE on Algol on block, Algol can do WR B to make the BE part miss and get countered.

Ive managed to find one, but im not sure if this is the right area to post this as this HELPS algol. When Pyyrha does 66B BE on Algol on block, Algol can do WR B to make the BE part miss and get countered.
WR B has a slight tech step built into it that screws up 66B BE. I think the tech step is intentional, kind of like the one on Natsu's 66B.

I found another whiffing issue that helps algol, albeit it IS a glitch. Cervantes 4B BE has a tendancy to magically fly right through algol.

I've found that if Algol does Q| A+B(BE) over the edge and is still able to get back, the crouch buffer resets so iFC 8B won't come out

4BA whiffs while punishing NM 4K BE on JG.
4[K] → 4AB; 2nd hit of 4AB whiffs completely unless the 2nd hit is delayed.
4BA whiffs while punishing Cerv WR B+K on guard. Might have posted this before.

As seen at NCR, Algol's 4A can be stepped to his right. In addition, 1A can be stepped to his left.

I might work on compiling a comprehensive list of situations where 4B whiffs as punishment.

I'll add a request for QI B's hitbox to be on every one of his moves as part of 1.04.

Its good to know Namco cares enough about this game to fix the on-going list of bugs that are being discovered. Absolutely darling of them.

Its good to know Namco cares enough about this game to fix the on-going list of bugs that are being discovered. Absolutely darling of them.
Truly, sarcasm is the most exalted form of wit known to man. You should continue making passive-aggressive posts about how Namco victimizes you by not funding another patch.

Back