10/22 UMBC Weekly

Hudathan

[09] Warrior
Good turn out today yet again. The game room was tight on their 12 p.m. policy once again but some very good games were played.

16 Entrants
Brackets

Top 4

Kutsuki (Winner Finalist) :sc4sig1:
Minerva SC :sc4tir1: :sc2xia1:
Starwinderbeta :sc4nm1: :sc4hil1:
Perfect Sin :sc1ast1:

5th Ethereal 88 :sc1tak1: / HuDaThaN :sc4rap1:

7th Mike B 2010 :sc1tak1: :sc1ast1: :sc4set2: / Moroha :sc4cas1:

9th Steve Harrison :sc4nm1: / Needs More Whyte :sc4set2: / DakkonFury :sc4sig1: / Robin :sc1kil1:

13th Wallstreet :sc1tak1: :sc4sig1: / Waspinator [Maxi] / Coma :sc1tak1: / Kiseki Unmei III :sc4amy1:

Maryland players are all leveling up, and it's nice to see new guys joining the scene. Props to Mike B and Ethereal for coming out and playing some good matches, hope to see you guys regularly in the future. Props to Dakkon for bringing his gear and helping making the gathering that much better. So many people played the best I've ever seen them play tonight and I'm happy to see the top placers earn their positions. I myself played like an old dog who fought like a shadow of his former self. I had flashes of solid game but couldn't go the distance. I will take some time off and bring a better game next time. Once again, good shit and hope everyone become more vocal in this community, because we definitely have players.

Good times as always and good shit to everyone. I'm just disappointed the top 4 didn't get the chance to finish their matches and get actual placings. We seriously gotta start these tourneys a bit earlier!

It's all good, though.

Thanks again to Dakkon for bringing an extra TV, console, game, sticks, and a pad.

I'm mad Minerva is in top 4. He got an easy ride to the top!!! He's TRAAASH!!!

1st highlight of the night was me money matching Moroha in GG for 25! hahaha
2nd highlight was me eliminating not only Moroha, but Hudathan too! I think both of you were still a bit worn out from SB3. That was something that wasn't supposed to happen. My NM is garbage! Proof of that is me losing to Josh's CAS Sieg. Losing to a CAS which I allowed in the match makes me a scrub. I just got lucky, haha. Good games to you guys, though. Solid stuff as always.

We also need a designated camera man and back up camera man, haha. We missed a lot of good matches including the money match between Needs More Whyte and Waspinator. I think Dakkon got that one, though.

EDIT: Oh, and Bartlett, I HATE YOU TOO!!! I just watched the match vid you recorded for me, you bastard, hahaha.

Not my fault Steve Harrison saw the brackets and ducked out when he saw he was facing me. Happens too often. I'm sure I would of went the distance to 1st Bartlett's Astroth is nothing and I didn't even get to use my new anti NM tactics what a shame. The only barrier was Kutsuki's Seigfried but I'm sure if I just bull dogged him instead of waiting around I would of whoped up on him.

/end trash talk

Hudathan, best get back on top, I want a rematch now that KDZ has taught me a few things about Raph. Not trying to take anything away from you, I know you're damn solid. I'll be at one of these weeklies in the near future.

Moroha - Where is that beast?
Kutsuki - Movin on up, good shit on 1st.

Wow, just wow... hahaha

If Steve Harrison saw this, he would money match your scrub ass first thing next week.

I don't think Bartlett will MM you, but he will make sure you know that you're the inferior player.

And Josh owns you for free. No ifs, ands, or buts, lol.

Face it, son. You got an easy mode bracket last night. If we continued this tourney next week, you'd be 4th. Not a place higher.

Go back to WoW and quit fighting games, please. lol

I'll be at one of these weeklies in the near future.

Next week. ;)

Also, who used Voldo last night? I have a recorded match with a Voldo against Dakkon, and I don't know who it is because I was playing tekken on the other side of the area.

EDIT: Also, we need more epic MMs, lol. Reggie, if I challenge you to a $50 money match, will you accept it? Knowing your scrub ass, you will accept it, lose, and never pay me back.

Nah I wouldn't because you don't have 50$ to spend and when I destroy you and take it from your quivering hands I'd feel really bad because you wouldn't eat for 2 weeks or something and your mom would probably blame me for your death when you're deperate for food and rob a 7 eleven and take a few slugs to the chest from the fed up clerk.

Nice to see everyone again. Feels much better to play with a days of sleep and tournaments that don't last until 6am.

Where are the videos, that money match was classic except for the fact I owe Hudathan lunch and Muffinman a movie ticket.

Dakkon - Thanks for coming down, always enjoy talk and playing with you.

Coma - Stepping up in the world, can't just be good at one game. Smash is still rubbish.

Waspinator - You played well on that match, it was close. You will do better next time = D

Moroha - Medium Rare

Perfect Sin - As usual, thanks for coming down and bringing the VA crew. Always nice to see you guys. Guaranteed damage is scary.

StarwinderBeta - Thanks again for making the trip, good game. Nice comeback!

MinervaSC - Good game sir. You did very well that night.

Yah I think I'll stick with the Tira/X combo for awhile, it feels right, though I wish I could get practice during the week other than Wednesday, playing online makes me wanna throw up.

Kutsuki-Nah I got destroyed in all 3matches it wasnt even a contest. NM and Seigfried are my kryptonite. I use to be able to beat Beta's NM 70% of the time but now I just fall for the same old crap.

Trash talk is all good as long as it results in money matches, side bets, and get hype. I need SWBeta vs Minerva mm asap. Or better Steve H vs Minerva. BTW brackets are linked in the original post.

Sexy Custom, just don't watch that vid too closely, I played like trash, and it showed in my rankings. Next week I'll get up there early enough for session play and warmups, I gotta get some vs-cassy practice. ;D

Back