1k Vs. 2A

VortexR18

[08] Mercenary
Well, what do u guys think? Which do u use more often? I've never found myself to ever use 2A as an interrupt, 1K jst seems so much more useful and faster.

Also, any use for 3K? its an i15 but it seems to me like there'd be plenty more better interrupts to use than this.

I would say that I use 2A more than 1K (for Yoshi, that's a better option), although 1K is a better option for Sophie and Cassandra.

Astaroth - 1K (ring out's near edge)
Amy - 2A
Algol - 1K (stun)
Cervantes - 1K
Nightmare - 1K
Siegfried - 1K
Mitsurugi - 2A
Kilik - 1K
Lizardman - 1K
Taki - 2A
Yun-Seong - 1K
Seong-Mina - 2A
Talim - 1K
Zasalamel - 1K
Rock - 1K (same as Astaroth)
Ivy - 2A
Xianghua - 1K
Raphael - 2A
Setsuka - 1K
Darth Vader - 2A
The Apprentice - 2A
Yoda - Don't know, never played as him and never will XP

My personal opinions... certain characters have better 1K than others while 2A remains relatively the same for most of the characters.

Well, what do u guys think? Which do u use more often? I've never found myself to ever use 2A as an interrupt, 1K jst seems so much more useful and faster.

Also, any use for 3K? its an i15 but it seems to me like there'd be plenty more better interrupts to use than this.

Not the same tools.
Siegfried's 2A is i19, 1K is i15.
IMO
Use 1K to interrupt (+2 in CH) and as an invisible low to open the guard at close range.
Use 2A as an invisible low to open the guard at mid range (and why not mix up with 3B or B6).

I use 3K when 1K doesn't work (jump or else) or to finish a match (you dont' have any advantage on hit, but you have still the string if your oppenant try to press you after).

1K = faster + ground hit.
2A = instant TC + fastest long range low.

2A is a great, great tool for Sig. It works well for after hitting with b6 at long range (not after tip range). 2A has "ghost-range", this means that its collision is bigger than the sword's polygon range, so it tends to hits with plain air, heheheh.

I use 1k seems faster to me 2A i only use it if i know my 1k wont reach always had a feeling 1k was faster and everytime i use 2a i feel like its unsafe so idk

I prefer 1K for annoyance/interrupting. It also allows applying reverse yomi with 4B+K and 22_88B, which 2A doesnt, because the disadvantage on hit is just too big.

I tend to use :3::K::K:~WR:(B): or :3::K::K:~WR:A::2:~WR:(B): just as a random throw in. Many people can't seem to predict the bottom kick and it tech crouches. Then you can us WR:(B): to get into SCH. Of course, WR:A::2: offers a variety of mixups too. So bottom line, I use :3::K::K: almost strictly for it's tech crouch and never use :3::K::K::B:. Hope that helps.

Back