1st - Taz (PA)
2nd - Nikos (AL)
3rd - jio (TN)
4th - Vandy (TN)
5th - Lil Majin (TN)
5th - Derrick (AL)
7th - FlyMike (TN)
7th - Ares (TN)

GG's to everyone. I'll list off specific people tomorrow after I get some sleep...

And for those unaware, I'm Lee in the SC4 tournament. I just go by my real name, as signing up as Astaroth136 sounds too goofy. XD

do you guys rank this stuff or something? mostly i didn't know who played what in all the games but i knew a majority of where everyone was from :)

majin was asta, lee was asta (and nightmare for a few matches in grand finals), thrillerman was maxi, legend was taki

Alright. Well, first, I gotta say kudos to Vandy and CodEZ for running such a smooth tournament. These always get done quickly, and it seems so organized. I realize it was somewhat of a small turnout, but still. Also, thanks for supplying me with a PS3 controller throughout the whole thing. Nice work overall.

Lil Majin - Very solid Astaroth. I can use Asta, but I certainly can't fight him :) And I hate Astaroth mirrors, so that's why I went with Nightmare for most of it. Our grand final matches were intense. We definitely satisfied the crowd.

Thrillerman - You and I played so many casuals before the tournament, we practically knew each other's playstyle before it all got started. That Maxi was pretty difficult to get around too. Good matches... all 50 of them.

Legend - We had to fight each other twice in this thing: one time in the winner's bracket and one in the loser's bracket. Your Taki mopped the floor with me in the first set of matches, but I finally started catching you out of that stance the second time around. Remember though, Taki punishes Asta's bullrush with AA, which is where she really shines in the matchup. Great games man.

Cordy - We only got to play in the actual tournament, and I wanted to get a few casuals in with you before I left. I felt like you were kind of frustrated during our match. You played a few matches in my "executive" chair though, so I bet that was more comfortable than those tiny chairs. :) Good games though.

Again, great tournament. There was a lot of Astaroth-play in this one, and top two went to Astaroth players. Tennessee loves the giant axe. XD

Vids? Good shit team Cincy! Especially Legend reppin in that Soul Cal and Tekken! Good shit to Lil Majin for winning and Lee for 2nd too.

Thanks to everyone who made it out for this, we had a pretty decent turnout. Good job to Lil Majin for going into beast mode. Congrats to Lee on 2nd, definitely the story of the tournament. Damn Astaroths.

Knoxville...

What's up everyone!? It's time for Post Tourney Props & Shout-outs:

So many peeps 2 give props & shout-outs too...where do I start!?

Big props 2 Game Galaxy & DreamTR 4 hosting & also 2 Ian & Charlie 4 runnin' all the tournies. U guys kick ass! BR kicks ass! Cincy/NKY travelling down 2 Nashville kicks ass! Country Inn kicks ass! My tournament skills & hotel TVs suck ass. Lol. It's all good I guess. At least I made up 4 it in casuals 4 the most part. Plus Southern Hospitality from cool ppl in TN is god-tier.

Deathstar931: It was cool chillin' w/ya @ & after the tourney bro. Those Ganny, King, & Wang skills were solid. Thank u 4 letting me know a lot more about that Ganny steps. I was getting high crushed all day. Good stuff bro.

Jio: Good shit in Soul Cal & Tekken bro. Ur Ling is beastly. Definately the best one I've seen & played against. Good shit bro.

Fly Mike: Nice 2 meetya bro. I wish we got 2 play some Tekken & Soul Cal against each other. Always a next time I suppose.

Aries: As always, it's hella cool chillin' w/ya. Good stuff in BR man. Ur Bryan is very good & that Alissa is very tricky. Exploding head 4 the win. Even though I lost, getting Alissa head will always make u a winner in my book. Lol.

Kodee: Good stuff in BR man. That Lars was pretty damn solid. Keep on using him bro. Definately a kick-ass character 4 sure.

Gene: Nice 2 play u in some BR man. That Hwoarang is beastly w/ that poke & mix-up game u were sporting. Mad props bro.

Lil' Majin: Good shit on getting 1st in SC4 & 2nd in DR. Bringin' that A-game as always. Hopefully I can get some games in against ya @ FR12. Always cool chillin' w/ya bro.

IEatBamboo: Nice 2 meetya man. Ur Kuma is fuckin' awesome...in both DR & BR. Good games in both Tekkens & nicely done on whoopin' my ass in BR. Kuma having a Hell Sweep & Twin Pistons in that game was giving me a tough time. Good shit bro.

Brandon: Nice playin' ya in BR bro. Ur Heihachi & Feng are solid man. It was cool chillin' w/ya bro.

Trung: Awesome tournament match we had bro. Ur Steve is really good bro. Hope I can play u again sometime in Tekken.

Nikos: Ur Paul just straight-up whooped my ass during the tournament. Good stuff bro. Good shit on out-spacing me & just flat-out playing better than me.

Andrew: Good shit in Soul Cal bro. Ur Maxi is top-notch. I didn't know what the fuck 2 do against him. Good stuff man.

Derrick: Good tournament match in SC4 bro. That Kilik is just too strong man. Good stuff bro.

Anthony & Zapp: It was cool meetin' ya guys & getting some SC4 casuals in. That shit was hella fun.

Chase, Kyle, & Jais: As always, it's hella cool chillin' w/ya guys. It's good 2 see that u guys (Kyle & Jais) are likin' BR. That BlazBlue looks hella sweet. It's definately a much better version of Guilty Gear, that's 4 sure.

Cordy: Ur right, I'm trying my damnest 2 make Seong Mi~na look top-tier. Lol. Yeah...that's just impossible 2 do. Damn her low-tier ways!!! Lol.

Lee: I didn't play u in SC4 @ all, but good shit on getting 2nd place in the tourney bro. Ur Asty & Nightmare skills were really solid. Hopefully the next time around I can play some games against ya.

Good games 2 everyone else I played & thanks 2 everyone 4 coming out 2 the tourney & makin' it hella fun.

Take it easy & have a good one. Peace.

A136: You guys are going to make someone create a Ban Asta account, but then again, no one can agree about this game at all.

Tightness.

Astaroth must be banned from the next tournament. Not because he's too good but because he's too big and ugly.

How about next time around, only I can use Astaroth. That way, you won't see too many, and I won't lose to my own main...

I am embarrassed of my placing and my performance. I got outplayed in every single way. GG's.

I think you were just having an off-day Cordy. Believe me, it happened to me the first tournament that was hosted there. I won some casuals, but I instantly lost in both brackets. It wasn't that I've been practicing since that first tournament, because I knew everything then that I know now. I just performed poorly the first time around.

This time, I wanted to prove not only to others, but to myself as well, that I was better than what I illustrated that first go at it.

I also expected more B+K whoring from you in our match, Cordy. It stops Asta's bullrush, knee, and 4B up close. I play with a really aggressive Amy player over XBL from time to time, and that B+K crap shuts down a lot of my game. I'm forced to play weird poking games with my 2A or go for a fast 4A.

Unlike some tourney players, I actually play online. I don't know how you feel about playing online, but if you ever want to get some Asty practice in, just message me.

Back