2009 NFL thread

What happened to the Colts defense in the second half?!? They actually had a handle on the Saints and then they got shredded. It's like the second half onside kick hit Indianapolis for critical damage or some shit.

Congratulations to the Saints and the city of New Orleans. The better team prevailed for sure. Til next year... :( I'll have to subsist on hockey and basketball.

They only gave up one more score after that. The third TD was the pick six Manning threw. If you told me the Colts D held the Saints to 24 I'd say "cool they probably won as long as Manning didn't throw any random picks to a team he knows is constantly going to jump routes and gamble for turnovers because they can't play D any other way." And after shredding the Jets D, I'd expect that much.

Except you know, it didn't happen. Manning choked and lost this game. No excuses, it's on his head.

Kowtow: Yes and no...

I mean, yea. Manning choked. however, Saints did mess them up while they had possession. Honestly, colts were ready for what the saints exploited on every other team that that played against. but basically when it came down to it....they beat them with lows (running the ball) and throws (throwing underneath to beat man converage)

that's all it was...simply put....once they figured that out in the 2nd qtr, they starting picking that defense apart

Verbal fucking diarrhea straight from da durty. I defy you to listen to the whole thing, so far I've made 4 of my friends quit, only me and Serge lasted through it.

And I understand the whole "it's a 60 minute game" theory, but he's the boss man, so he takes the heat. He's supposed to be this all time great QB, and he's 9-9 in his playoff career, and didn't even play that well in the SB that he did win. Imagine if the Bears had just stuck with Kyle "The Bus Driver" Orton? Different story, but then again we could say the same for Favre's win. Favre actually has a better win-loss record in the playoffs, but WAY more interceptions and bad games, and WAY more critical "I can't believe he fucking just did that and lost the game" moments.

In any case, we wouldn't be having this conversation about Montana or Young. Neither would have thrown that pick, period. So Manning's shot to be listed solidly among that company is gone.

Kowtow: Yes and no...

I mean, yea. Manning choked. however, Saints did mess them up while they had possession. Honestly, colts were ready for what the saints exploited on every other team that that played against. but basically when it came down to it....they beat them with lows (running the ball) and throws (throwing underneath to beat man converage)

that's all it was...simply put....once they figured that out in the 2nd qtr, they starting picking that defense apart

I had to quote this because this is so well put that even a calibur playing nerd that doesn't watch a lick of football could understand what happened in the game the way this was written, lol. Good job CW!

Fuck all the haters, Saints win the Superbowl. I can't wait to hear why the Colts should have won for weeks and weeks and weeks.

419621.jpg

1491291.jpg

0202114255085.jpg

The Colts shouldn't have won, because Peyton choked again. Individual battles will be won and lost during the course of a game, but in the end it's up to your veteran QB and team leader to pull shit off when it counts. Peyton didn't do this, Brees did. Saints win, I'm happy for them I'm just tired of the WHO DAT crap.

SPEAKING OF
[youtube=IT'S OURRRRRR HOUSE!]L9v6-dnHtAE[/youtube]

The Colts shouldn't have won, because Peyton choked again. Individual battles will be won and lost during the course of a game, but in the end it's up to your veteran QB and team leader to pull shit off when it counts. Peyton didn't do this, Brees did. Saints win, I'm happy for them I'm just tired of the WHO DAT crap.

I don't necessarily think Peyton choked at all, the pick six didn't help him, but the Colts got outplayed. Sean Payton is a great head coach and had all the match-up problems figured out after the first quarter, the Saints stepped up every aspect after that point and played a good game.

BTW, Who dat dey said the Colt's gonna beat dem Saints?

Almost everyone, and they were all wrong.

I had to quote this because this is so well put that even a calibur playing nerd that doesn't watch a lick of football could understand what happened in the game the way this was written, lol. Good job CW!

You know me good sir...gotta break it down for all the peeps that are reading this thread. I am a beliver in literacy...even if i can't spell have the time lol

All I know, with Leinart at the helm next year for the Cardinals, we're gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuck..... Playoffs, here we don't come.

All I know, with Leinart at the helm next year for the Cardinals, we're gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuck..... Playoffs, here we don't come.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm ready for the niners to really tap that ass now. We used to beat yall even with Warner at QB. We bout to tee off on poor Leinert next season.

I saw this on Fark and I thought you guys would get a laugh out of it.

LMAO that is great!

HEY HEY HEY NOW...Krayzie...i'm a believer of the 49ers myself...but i wouldn't go all out with them saying they're gonna tap that ass now...

Grant it...that division is pretty weak. But that doesn't mean that the Cards still don't have the cast to support whoever they pickup...

We'll see come draft time....

Do you really think the Niners are ready for a playoff run??

Personally, I don't think it's that the Niners are ready, but rather none of the other teams seem to be in great shape to make a push. So it's more like the Niners get the NFC West title by default. But that's me being pessimistic. Anything less than a playoff appearance in the 2010-11 season is going to be a major disappointment.

Back