22B hit confirm

tresto

[09] Warrior
I might just totally suck at execution but anyone found a good way to hit confirm the 22B combos?
22B, ABA I can make, but it throws the opponent quite far away so no wakeup
22B, 666B, 3A+B is way better, but I'm having a LOT of trouble to hit confirm. I can't even do it 100% just plain in training

So far what I've done is put the training dummy on random guard, then do some 22Bs, and try to go for 666B if it connects. I have 20-30% success rate so far. Sometimes it does 66B instead of 666 which depending on distance does a combo but throws the opponent super far away, or I don't do it fast enough and it doesn't combo. I think 666B is one frame faster than 66B or something...

Any tips?

Edit: just changed the gate of my stick from square to octogonal and I'm having slightly better results - but still barely 50%, maybe a little less...

Last edited:
I might just totally suck at execution but anyone found a good way to hit confirm the 22B combos?
22B, ABA I can make, but it throws the opponent quite far away so no wakeup
22B, 666B, 3A+B is way better, but I'm having a LOT of trouble to hit confirm. I can't even do it 100% just plain in training

So far what I've done is put the training dummy on random guard, then do some 22Bs, and try to go for 666B if it connects. I have 20-30% success rate so far. Sometimes it does 66B instead of 666 which depending on distance does a combo but throws the opponent super far away, or I don't do it fast enough and it doesn't combo. I think 666B is one frame faster than 66B or something...

Any tips?

Edit: just changed the gate of my stick from square to octogonal and I'm having slightly better results - but still barely 50%, maybe a little less...
Don't wait for the 22B animation to finish just press 66 while the 228 animation is still running and the final 6B after, but in one motion, it's really not that hard

The key is to buffer 66666666666, then press B when you want 666B. So while the animation of 22B is happening, mash 6 during it, then 6+B as soon as you recover.

A good rule of thumb is to be buffering 66666666 whenever you're guarding. That way you always have 666B locked for a whiff punish.

Thanks for the tips, exactly what I was looking for. So do 22B, buffer 6666, and if it hits, 6B, if it doesn't, G
I'm gonna try it in training mode tomorrow

Back