2B,8B,A,K versus FC 1B,8B,A,K

LunarAura

[09] Warrior
Am I crazy or is the one from crouch just a hair faster?

Reason I ask is I was testing out tech traps and 1A - 1B,8B,A,K seems to combo off from Normal Hit (it said "4 hit combo"). I did this against Hilde on Normal and Forward tech, btw.

Anyone else have any opinion on this?

I think you must be mistaken somewhere. I was sure you couldn't do the 8BAK from FC1B, and that you could only follow with B. Also, it should only combo on counter hit.

Edit: I guess I'm the one who is mistaken. How'd not know about this? -.-

ok at first I was wondering what the heck you guys were talking about, but I see it now. Nice find. Seems like you have to commit to the 8B very early to make it work. By the way FC 1B is only i16 at very close ranges, if you're going to be punishing with this expect it hit at a later frame.

The last hit can be JUed, I don't know what status it puts you at. I'll give it a look-see later

/edit/I don't have an exact amount but it seems like you are at heavy advantage if opponent JUs so no worries.

Ok, this would be a hell of a lot more useful if FC 1B8BAK weren't already so amazing, but it's possible to make FC 1BB NC also. The way you do this is by 1) doing FC 1B 2) inputting 8B quickly as if you were trying to get FC1B8B to connect NC 3) press nuetral or some direction that isnt up and press B again before she starts the second attack. Notation wise I'm going to refer to this as FC 1B8b5B. Possible applications include: opponent is against a wall and you don't want the 8B splat to make the combo miss or perhaps if you fear a mistake and don't want to be punished as bad (its only 1 frame safer but the recovery starts much sooner). Comparing damage FC 1B8BAK is 72 and FC 1B8b5B:4 is 65, so even with the JF it doesn't do quite as much, but it can't hurt to have it as an option.

Credit for this find goes to LAU.

Back