2nd Norcal Tourney

Alex.J

[14] Master
When: November 1st, 2008. We'll start casuals at 3pm and start the tourney at 5pm.

$5 entry fee.
1st place gets 70% of pot
2nd place gets 20%
3rd place gets 10%

Where: Krayzie's place
3400 Richmond Pkwy #1809
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 908-2264
call krayzie when you get to the front gate area

Rules: Same shit as SC3 pretty much, Algol will be allowed
Double elimination, 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches. Winners and losers finals 3/5 matches and grand finals 4/7 matches.

Winner has to use the same character, loser can change character or stage. Stage pick will be random though, so if you're facing Cedric's Hilde you better pray you get a stage with walls.

If you have any other questions, just post.

Is there anything Krayzie would like us to bring (beer, snacks, etc.) since he's graciously providing the location?

Forget the drinks, bring the food first. Stopping by in-and-out first with nahll-oki. He must teach me this secret menu stuff... >_>

Forget the drinks, bring the food first. Stopping by in-and-out first with nahll-oki. He must teach me this secret menu stuff... >_>

it was hilarious when you guys spazzed in the car because of the menu lol.

we talked to martin/oathkeeper yesterday, and he said he has something coming up on the first, and he doesn't know if he can make it. I actually don't know if I can make it either, but I'll let you guys know.

Thanks Alex for making this thread, i've been lazy as hell for about the last month.

Hajime: If you wanna bring anything, beer is MUCH appreciated. We went through a good 50 bottles of Heineken last time.

Hope to see everyone come back again, and yes there will be another novice tourney and it will be the same pricing as last time, pay for the main tourney and you get to enter the novice tourney for free. Also I will once again be paying the $25 1st place prize for the novice tourney out of my pocket but donations for it will be much appreciated (last time I ended up only having to pay $10 thanks to donations from folks like Nall-Ohki and Alex J.).

Speaking of which, are the vids for the past novice tourney up Krayzie? I never saw those. o.o

Man, I'm missing all the tournaments this year. You guys finalized this too late for me to come out. I like Norcal and all, but $360+ for a plane ticket isn't happening. Maybe next month.

Man, I'm missing all the tournaments this year. You guys finalized this too late for me to come out. I like Norcal and all, but $360+ for a plane ticket isn't happening. Maybe next month.

Methinks that Krayzie's doing this every month, so that's a good chance for you to plan. I'm really looking forward to fighting you too; I'm tired of being the lone Ivy in Norcal. :(

What system(s) will be present? How many? Got a 360 joystick I can bring if one will be there.

Anyone gonna be up for some SC2 if there are enough TVs, etc. to play? Botsu and I can provide the sticks, game, and cube. I miss playing SC2 Ivy. >_<

Hajime: We'll be using PS3's for the tournament. We have 2 and it we'll need at least one more for the tournament to run smoothly and another to possibly have casuals on. If you bring a 360 it'll be used for casuals only. As for SC2, I can't go back to that game anymore it's way too different, same with 3.

Linkrkc: My bad....yeah i'm pretty much gonna hold a tourney every month. If you wanna come out for the next one i'll plan the date way earlier so you can make whatever arrangements you need.

Man, I have the sleep schedule of a bat right now and it's fucking me up.

KrayzieCD: Sounds good. The 360 is my roommate's, so I won't be bringing that. If you hear of anyone bringing a 360 and another stick is necessary, let me know.

I'll bring my 360 if there is a request for it, I have a stick and 1 controller for it. 4 Playstations set up would be nice, unless someone really needs to play on 360.

As for Link, I think we need a major in Norcal sometime. I know Brian was talking to some of his friends that they might want to head down here and also Manta said Aris and Devilx would come down here for a big Norcal tourney. I smell a pretty awesome tournament if hyped well enough. I am sure we could get a good amount of Socal players up here plus a lot more other people here with a major.

Ok, I'll bring my 360 then. I have vader already downloaded and everything. Also, it looks like Vader and Yoda will be legal in the tourney unless anyone really cares.

Keith: Your ass better come by....and just join the tourney, it'll be fun. Besides, once it's over you can show off some true skill in RB expert drums. I'm always down to watch people own songs like Reptilia and Enter Sandman on expert....wait, there's no Enter Sandman on RB2....fucking sucks.

Alex: No Vader and Yoda allowed this tourney. People need more than a week and a half to figure out the other SW character that hasn't been available to them for all this time. Next tourney they'll be legal though.

Back