33KB BE you glorious bastard!

Real_Bojack

[10] Knight
I wanna call 33KB BE the tornado cuz Raph's all spinning upwards and he wrecks everything with it.

This will be a 33KB BE thread, yes a solitary move deserves its own thread on occasion. The reason being this move changes Raph in ways never before thought possible. I'll edit in more later but for now get your rapiers fencin' and feet swingin' for great justice........ and victory!

Ok for like, the first time ever Raph has something that every one else seems to have had for a long time. Solid, relatively safe, unreadable, and heavy hitting move that does NOT require a CH to work.

But Bojack why does the CH vs. NH matter so much?I'll tell you why! Easy as pie is why!

Because until recently Raph was built on having to get CH which meant that even if he stepped a move, if he couldn't squeeze off a 236B and didn't want to risk the lack of safety from older 33KB's he couldn't really punish. It also meant that if you didn't hit buttons Raph's mixups weren't particularly scary. Now if you're on the ground and Raph is running at you crouching upon wake up or doing wake up attacks becomes a risky venture. Waking up into 33KBE hurts like fuck! So you'll let Raph 11K you in the ankles so you don't get your shit pushed in.

Then the opps all "I got 33KBEed ain't so bad right?" Surprise motherfucker! Raph added a 6BB and is now in Prep and further surprise motherfucker, your ability to stop SE transition is like next to zero, so this is prolly the only time in the whole game when Raph can get into SE itself with out automatically getting clubbed in the head.

Or............... he can NOT Prep or SE and attempt other things either by doing empty 33KBE or just doing 6BB. We can now see that Raph post 33KBE gets to be in a position many other characters are often in all the time where he setup stuff with near flawless advantage.

A long time ago Raph would lay in bed at night and dream of plus frames. Plus frames on anything. He knew that other characters had them and he was wroth with envy. Now, he fucking has them! Who's a jammy bastard? Raph's a jammy bastard that's who! Tornado does 64 damage and is a massive PLUS 8 on block. Raph has barely ever had shit that was plus 8 on HIT. Now he's got it on block. Many people don't really realize this or don't adjust accordingly. So Raph can 3B or 66A and I don't even think they can step the 3B (which he can do at any range post tornado block) and tornado hits in 16 frames. It does 11 less damage than his freaking super, hits a mesly 4 frames slower, and unlike his super does NOT cost a whole bar, or get you screwed when blocked.

Sick damage, speed, safety, can be done off of 8wr, low meter cost.....?!!?!?!? WTF did Raph EVER do to get so lucky? Santy Claus must've put Raph on the nice list to get such a treat.

Sometime Raph gets to knock some one down. Then they'll think they'll just roll around for a while. Stupid ass SCV makes you stand up after 3 rolls. Even if you want 4 SC says get fucked. Sometimes you'll hold 8 or 2 just a smidgen too long and SCV says you'll get your 3 rolls then stand the fuck up like a man, a manly manly man. If you run straight at them you can sometimes get some sweet damage from this because the game will force them to stand. Just hold 6 until they either roll their 3 times or until they push buttons, if you do it right they stand straight up into their doom. Easy peezy livin' greazy I tell ya.

Say Raph is sitting boss hog on 2 full bars? This can happen often because the game gives out meter like rubbers at Planned Parenthood as part of the lame as fuck come back mechanic so we might as well cheese such a lousy system trait. Find a way to get them in the corner and then look the fuck out! Under Raph's hair, there is no skull, just another 33KBE. If they're not particularly good at GIing or jGing their way out of trouble you can just burn a whopping FOUR, not 2, not 3, but FOUR of these fuckers in a row or until push back shows up like bitchy ex g/f to ruin your good time with the opp you're trying to get tender with. I don't even think you could step your way out of it either (some one maybe test this because I'm lazy) which means that if they're low on guard, also common due to poorly thought out mechanics, and you're high on meter Raph better get some tissue cuz he's gonna nut victory all over the place. Since he's a vampire I bet it looks like a ghost when it comes out. Mix in some L's and throws while Raph's frame advantage holds them down if you wanna see Raph's O face.

TLDR: Raph with lots of meter can impose significant mental pressure to unwary just about any one if applied intelligently if they're cornered.

I'LL ADD MORE LATER! Tickets cover the whole seat but you'll only need the edge!!! Contact your local ticketmaster or box office location for full future post details!!!

So you don't think he's trash tier anymore?

Never thought he was trash tier in 2. He was in 3 in comparison to the brokeness. Dunno where he wound up in 4 I just know he wasn't top. Now, he's still mid to lower tier even with 33KBBE because there are a lot of issues he still has. I WANT to place him higher but his inability to really intimidate with ring outs, getting meterless damage, having aGI's that don't work all stupid like B+K and 4A+B do etc. etc. etc. hold him back but 33KB BE is an excellent tool that lets him do a LOT he couldn't before.

Never thought he was trash tier in 2. He was in 3 in comparison to the brokeness. Dunno where he wound up in 4 I just know he wasn't top. Now, he's still mid to lower tier even with 33KBBE because there are a lot of issues he still has. I WANT to place him higher but his inability to really intimidate with ring outs, getting meterless damage, having aGI's that don't work all stupid like B+K and 4A+B do etc. etc. etc. hold him back but 33KB BE is an excellent tool that lets him do a LOT he couldn't before.

He was considered a mid in 4 even after PS revoked his BB when salty people bawled their eyes out over it. If you want to place him higher, then yes, he needs to get better RO potential, complete 214/236 options back (If Mr. and Mrs. Justice and Mr. Heishiro have 236, why can't Raph?), fatter aGI windows, at least 3/4 arms length standard grabbing range (it's barely half an arm's length in SCV), and most importantly, lower risk Prep. In terms of damage, just make some of his horizontal moves do something like 10 more dmg and cut everybody else's down by 20. Doesn't have to be a low dmg like in SC4 but medium would be nice.

My suggestion: Start thinking about the perfect Raph you want (move and frame-wise) and create you're ideal movelist for him. When SC6 comes around....get to work PS!!

PS: I laughed till my insides hurt after reading that funny 33KBE "fanfiction". Can't wait for more!! As for the Tornado, I think that sounds cool. Maybe make it Merciless Tornado. "Vicious Moon" sounds too bland to me. Haha have you noticed 33KBE looks like Vergil's Rising Sun attack?

Perhaps we need a move nickname thread

I love you man.

What is this i don't even.
I never confuse the fact I'm free to high/low mixup with the seeability of my lows. But Raphael has sweet 8wr and I need to use more of it. Maybe spinning around outside of AA / i15 range is where he's meant to be?

He was considered a mid in 4 even after PS revoked his BB when salty people bawled their eyes out over it. If you want to place him higher, then yes, he needs to get better RO potential, complete 214/236 options back (If Mr. and Mrs. Justice and Mr. Heishiro have 236, why can't Raph?), fatter aGI windows, at least 3/4 arms length standard grabbing range (it's barely half an arm's length in SCV), and most importantly, lower risk Prep. In terms of damage, just make some of his horizontal moves do something like 10 more dmg and cut everybody else's down by 20. Doesn't have to be a low dmg like in SC4 but medium would be nice.
If Raph was mid in IV it's because of the half of the cast who were literally Rock/Bottom tier.

If Raph was mid in IV it's because of the half of the cast who were literally Rock/Bottom tier.

Meh. He wasn't great, but he at least did decent meter damage so he could CF at least once / match (generally), so "mid" is fair enough, I think.

UPDATES BUMPS!!! DOLLA DOLLA BILL YA'LL!

The update is in italics so you can easily see what's been changed. I'm convenient as fuck aren't I??@?@#?R$$#?%ropk8hgt4o;;ijb

They take a quarter of total meter--half a bar each BE. 4 maximum.

By jove you're right! TIL that the circle that represents your gauge is not drawn to scale and that when you have juuuuust enough meter to do a BE it only looks like 25% full. I've edited my mistakes, and 4 of these in a row is pretty slick too anyways.

Back