8WR MAY XBL D.E. & SWISS TOURNAMENTS - THERMIDOR & ALPHAKEG WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnseenWombat

[14] Master
Okay, about 100 people playing 4 simultaneous tournaments... :sc2tal2: I can do this :sc2tal2:

Gentlemen, here are the brackets. Please read the instructions in this message. There's some important things here.

http://challonge.com/8wrmayxbl
http://challonge.com/8wrmayxblsws

I tried to seed these based on a slightly better knowledge of the community since last month and the results from last month's tourney. There are still people whose relative skill I have no clue about, so if you think you're better than someone who was seeded higher than you, don't be mad, just prove it and next month I'll try harder to get it right (no guarantees though).

Important instructions:
  1. You may use this thread to schedule your matches with your opponent, or you can do it via PM's, I don't care as long as it's done by the deadline. Due to the large turnout, monkeysphere considerations should lead all of you to conclude that NO MERCY will be shown to those who don't get their matches done by the deadline.
  2. I would rather you sent me a PM with match results than have me sift through all this other stuff in this thread to find them. Please only the winner send the PM (unless the loser has a complaint/comment), and put the results in the subject of the message (i.e., Enk defeats rAnDoM_DuDe12345, 3-0). No text is necessary unless it's something really important that deserves my attention, (i.e., Enk used a size 1 female CaS Voldo with three horizonal thundergod drums and everything covered in the snakeskin pattern). In that case, please put the word "comments" in the subject line.
  3. Please do use this thread though for post match discussion, trolling and trash talk. Because it's entertaining and I don't want to miss any of it, or for anyone else to miss it either.
  4. Also please note that the mighty Fahros refrained from entering this one so he could better serve us by recording and commentating match videos and (for sure this time) streaming the finals. So please send him a PM if you'd like to be famous on Youtube.
  5. If you have finished your first round match and know who your opponent is for the next round, there's no need to wait for the first round deadline to pass to play it. Early is good. I encourage it.
The rules:
  1. No CAS and therefore...​
  2. No Devil Jin​
  3. Dampierre is allowed​
  4. Recolors of standard costumes are okay​
  5. Standard 8WR tournament rules regarding character lock and stage selection​
  6. Double elimination and Swiss​
  7. NEW: All matches are best of 5
  8. Matches must be completed by the deadline.​
  9. If you break rule 8, don't expect to be invited to the next tournament.​
  10. If you can't get it done before the deadline, then you better have a darn good reason, and PM me and your opponent well in advance.​
  11. If your opponent doesn't play by the rules in some way (i.e., they cover themselves in thunder god drums or something), upload the replay and I'll look at it.​
  12. Regarding disconnects: If you have a disconnect and you and your opponent are even on rounds, just redo the match. If you or he are ahead, pick a stage with a ringout and jump out the required number of times. (Yes, this won't recreate the meter conditions, but whatever. It's better than replaying a match where you were up 2 rounds to 0, right?)​
The deadline dates for each round are as follows:

Double Elimination Tournament
Winners round 1: Wednesday, May 23rd
Winners round 2/Losers round 1: Tuesday, May 29th
Winners round 3/Losers round 2: Monday, June 4th
Winners round 4/Losers round 3: Saturday, June 9th Monday, June 11th
Losers round 4: Wednesday, June 13th Friday, June 15th
Losers round 5: Tuesday, June 19th Thursday, June 21st
Finals on stream: Saturday, June 23rd (Tentative, depending on participants' availability).

Swiss Tournament:
Round 1: Wednesday, May 23rd
Round 2: Tuesday, May 29th
Round 3: Monday, June 4th
Round 4: Saturday, June 9th Monday, June 11th
Round 5: Wednesday, June 13th Friday, June 15th

And... GO!

I read monkeysphere. I will now "beat these guys who press buttons incorrectly" without a second thought.

So in DBL elim im up against benny blanco amd in swiss im up against enkindu
Sounds like fun ;)

But I always press buttons :D

Well this is how I play.

tumblr_m44sto4xrr1qha6i1o1_500.gif

I have a new avatar!!

edit: Ok no I dont. To big. I hear that alot actually!

Thats totally me while playing maxi tho!

Those are some seriously sexy brackets.

And I get to face Oof twice in a row if I'm unlucky enough? Heheh, should be fun.

Looks like I'm up against THE_Landslide and XxAnEpicGamerxX. Are you guys available for games tonight? I'm sure I can get 3-0'd by both of you in less than two minutes XD

Okay, let's get something straight right here and now.

DO NOT EVER simply contact me randomly on XBL the moment I sign on and suddenly have the tournament match with me right then and there. I got completely fucking blindsided just now. In retrospect, I should have refused to have the match, but I went through with it, so there's no one to blame but me. I don't want any regrets like this in the future.

Okay, let's get something straight right here and now.

DO NOT EVER simply contact me randomly on XBL the moment I sign on and suddenly have the tournament match with me right then and there. I got completely fucking blindsided just now. In retrospect, I should have refused to have the match, but I went through with it, so there's no one to blame but me. I don't want any regrets like this in the future.

I am assuming you're referring to me. I sent the invite, that didn't mean you had to jump right into the matches with me. You had free reign to warm up as much as you wanted to, I was just letting you know I was ready. Yes, you should have refused if you weren't ready ;)

I am assuming you're referring to me. I sent the invite, that didn't mean you had to jump right into the matches with me. You had free reign to warm up as much as you wanted to, I was just letting you know I was ready. Yes, you should have refused if you weren't ready ;)
Yeah, I got the invite, and I was like... "Party invite? Does he want to discuss the match scheduling? Oh, it has a game in it. Does he want to do some casuals? I guess I'd be okay with casu-- gl? Why's he saying g-- OH FUCK."

And then you kinda bodied me. I took the first game, but it was all you afterward. You were way better than me, dude. Warmups weren't going to make a difference, lol. I was just really salty after a lot of things last night, and I just want to make sure that kind of thing never happens again, in case I have a match where the warmups actually make a difference.

Yeah, I got the invite, and I was like... "Party invite? Does he want to discuss the match scheduling? Oh, it has a game in it. Does he want to do some casuals? I guess I'd be okay with casu-- gl? Why's he saying g-- OH FUCK."

And then you kinda bodied me. I took the first game, but it was all you afterward. You were way better than me, dude. Warmups weren't going to make a difference, lol. I was just really salty after a lot of things last night, and I just want to make sure that kind of thing never happens again, in case I have a match where the warmups actually make a difference.

Sodium (and MSG) are definitely bad for your diet, and may cause you to rage uncontrollably. j/p man gg either way!

Heyeric, I'll be on a business trip to seattle for sunday, Monday and Tuesday, we can have our match Wednesday night even though that is cutting it close. I would have wanted to have it today though.

Hey fafnier - just sent you a message before I saw that you'd be out of town. Are you available Tuesday late night?

If not, I am free Wednesday late night too, if doing it that close to the deadine is cool with UnseenWombat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back