MONEYMUFFINS

[13] Hero
Astaroth:
A+B works against 6K.

Siegfried:
A+B does not work against 3(B),K.

Pyrrha:
A+B does not work against 3K.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN. EACH KNEE IS MID AND LOOKS THE SAME. FFFFUUUU NAMCO.

...me thinks that those mids (even the kicks) might be counted as 'thrust' moves... thus negating the 'new' GI properties of our precious A+B.

...sucks, I know... =( the 'shield-aGI' has been a useful clutch in SC3 & 4 for me...

At least with omega, she retains that nice low aGI from 4K... though I've not tested it with 'thrust' type lows.. so I'm not sure if that's been compromised either... =/

A+B works against 3(B) ~ SCH k(BE).

Please eat a dick for making me waste meter.

Actually, no, let me help you destroy my characters even worse. A list of some strings I know Pyrrha can aGI with her A+B:

Dampierre
  • 3AAAAA (any hit you want)
  • BT B+K (last hit)
  • 44AB
Ezio
  • 6ABB (last hit)
  • Bb(BE) (last hit)
  • 66B(BE)
Siegfried
  • SCH k(BE)
Raphael
  • 6Bb(BE)
  • Prep Bb(BE)
No, I don't feel sorry for you being unable to aGI my knees. I already can't pressure you with my (BE)s when you're meterless.

A+B is a totally amazing move in this game. Free practical auto-gi with damaging follow-ups... So what if it doesn't work on a couple of knee attacks...

a+b is a good move? ... maybe I should start using it instead of trying to jG everything lol

a+b is a good move? ... maybe I should start using it instead of trying to jG everything lol

Well, A+B auto-gi mid verticals gives you a free damaging 88BAK type followup, which is probably more damage that you can get for free off of most just guards. Though just guard gives you bonus meter and A+B doesn't. But, if you don't really know what you're opponent is throwing out, just guard is much safer as it has no recovery time and can cover mid + high at the same time. Its quite handy against canned attack strings though. The followups are also guaranteed and stop your opponent's strings, unlike just guard where they can still hit you out of your just guard punishment attempt if the next attack in their string is fast enough, or just stop their string early and watch you waste your punishment opportunity trying to just guard the next hit too.

It also deflects Algol's bubbles nicely too for free.

haha yeah. it's much easier I'm sure ... I just like jG in case I have meter... then I can just 3b, ce for a nice giant chunk.

but then again, my jG skills are pretty piss poor.

So what if it doesn't work on a couple of knee attacks...
Have you read Vincent's Review of SC5? This setback to A+B has officially dropped the score of the game from 2/10 to 0/10.

What do you mean SO WHAT? This is serious fucking business and if you don't see why then you're a scrub with a tiny penis and you have a penchant for losing to me in SoulCalibur. I have an enormous penis. The end.

At least pyrrha's A+B still has the big aGI window. Ω's is 40% smaller.

Do we know what the impact frames are on A+B yet? Strange that Omega's would be smaller as they otherwise appear to be the same move.

Edit: Ah, nevermind, its in the wiki. Still, strange that they have different impact windows like that. Maybe Omega's recovers faster on a whiff to compensate or something.

Do we know what the impact frames are on A+B yet? Strange that Omega's would be smaller as they otherwise appear to be the same move.

Edit: Ah, nevermind, its in the wiki. Still, strange that they have different impact windows like that. Maybe Omega's recovers faster on a whiff to compensate or something.

...she doesn't... I get nailed for every time Pyrr.O whiffs her A+B ...there's never been a time in which I was never punished for whiffing A+B... which has increased frequency since this new version came out... =_= lol!

A+B works against 3(B) ~ SCH k(BE).

Please eat a dick for making me waste meter.

Actually, no, let me help you destroy my characters even worse. A list of some strings I know Pyrrha can aGI with her A+B:

Dampierre
  • 3AAAAA (any hit you want)
  • BT B+K (last hit)
  • 44AB
Ezio

• 6ABB (last hit)
  • Bb(BE) (last hit)
  • 66B(BE)
Siegfried

• SCH k(BE)
Raphael

• 6Bb(BE)
  • Prep Bb(BE)
No, I don't feel sorry for you being unable to aGI my knees. I already can't pressure you with my (BE)s when you're meterless.
A+B does NOT work on the BE version of 3(B),K either.

How did you fail to check this? Even worse, two idiots liked your post! Hah. I win.

In response to the question of whether Ω's A+B recovers faster on whiff, the answer is no. They both are "-50" on whiff.

disregard that post...some confusion on my part.

sorry! if they really are the exact same move except for the window that's pretty dumb.

It's not that weird, Omega's can auto gi much much more stuff.

IMHO Pyrrha's & Pyrrha O.'s A+B are the same in regards to what they aGI... ie they both don't GI thrust attacks... and certain kicks that's deemed as 'thrusts'... =_=

And as stated by Suirad, they both recover in the same frame count as each other after whiff...

The question would be... if n.Patroklos' aGI shield charge is restricted to NOT aGIing any thrust attacks or kicks??

I don't think there is a difference between Poe/Pie A+B other than the window. I guess that whole "ease of use" thing is showing up here....

I find it much, much easier to do Pie's perfect frame 236B:4. I wouldn't trade that thing for Poe's any day, though - Poe gets RO, more damage and wall splats on :4. Even though the timing is easier for one at least that move has different properties, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back