α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I think the JF can actually still come out. Really what's important is how quickly and cleanly you're getting the a:B button input down. Mastering that slide motion is the key to hitting the JF Twister.

I think the JF can actually still come out. Really what's important is how quickly and cleanly you're getting the a:B button input down. Mastering that slide motion is the key to hitting the JF Twister.
Thanks

do any good alpha players use pad? cus I think he was made for stick. its impossible to do JF twisters reliably on pad, and the 214 on right-sided twisters is difficult and awkward. sakura air combo, what i'd say is alpha's second hardest move next to JF twister, is masterable on pad but JF twister requires using stick from what i've heard.

I have no interest in any other characters besides Hilde who i'm learning and Zwei who I main but want to alt since he's low tier. So i'm considering switching to stick just for aPat. I have some concerns though- is it hard to adapt to stick? Do you really have to use bandaids or cloth to prevent blisters from doing slide inputs on stick? And will my aPat skills on pad transition to stick?

Well I use a stick so yeeeah, but thanks for the suggestion on the controller though.

I come from a BB background and that game has a bunch of buffering there so there's a little bit of adjusting for me to do. In fact, I need to learn how to JF Twisters as well. =\

So in actuality A+BB > Twister, it's somewhat like a link?

Well most of what I said should apply to stick too. Y'know.

Alright, I apologize in advance for another JF Twister question but I don't think this has been touched upon yet and I'm really hoping this isn't just me. Okay so I just started going in the lab with him yesterday and I've gotten every other just frame down pretty darn consistently. However, my problem lies with the the dreaded JF Twister but this has to do with executing it on the 2P side. Now I'd say that my execution on a 1P JF Twister is somewhere around 75%(if I've got my game face on xD) but I can barely get it to come out at all on 2P. Also, I turned on the input-display in the lab and found that when I'm 2P, the game frequently only reads an A input(thus giving me a FC A or WS A) and not the slide to B, even though I'm sliding exactly like I do on 1P. Is this common? Is this some kind of wonky input-detection? Please help, I can't stand getting caught with my pants on the ground when I'm 2P ;_;

Edit: I'm a righty if that makes a difference.

Asta's actually do that? I know his command throws are escapable, but damn, I can think of so many better ways to use Asta meter than his CE.

Woahhzz does, and he's basically the most notable Alpha player?
an xbox controller? I thought that was impossible. what control setup does he use?

an xbox controller? I thought that was impossible. what control setup does he use?

Pretty sure he uses a PS3 controller actually, which is highly possible to play well with. It's just Xbox 360 controllers specifically that are garbage for fighting games.

Actually JF twister from neutral are much easier on pad then on the stick I don't play pad from almost 6 ears and i still can do jf twister 10/10-9/10 of time from neutral. On pad it's just a fast slide.

Asta's actually do that? I know his command throws are escapable, but damn, I can think of so many better ways to use Asta meter than his CE.
I dunno. All I know it's depends from players and with this you don't even have to think how asta will use his meter. I remember first tourneys, and players were doing it, but I didn't played any asta yet so I don't now their current strats.

Oh. since im an xbox guy I need to use stick then?

I wouldn't say you "have to" as I'm not a tourney player like the well known folks on here. But it seems to be highly recommended, given how bad the Xbox 360 controller is with fighters (specifically, the d-pad).

Actually, some players use Xbox pad in tournaments and are successful.
Partisan, Jag and daGOTTh all play xbox pad.

i'm considering switching to stick just for aPat. I have some concerns though- is it hard to adapt to stick? Do you really have to use bandaids or cloth to prevent blisters from doing slide inputs on stick? And will my aPat skills on pad transition to stick?
Answers? I know nothing about stick...

What are people using for guard break?

I had a few matches today with the opponent flashing red and in the end I'd crack and do twister(which given it's properties i'd almost assume must SUCK at guage damage). It'd be blocked and i'd eat a laucnher.

So what're some potent or at least SAFE guage bursting options for aPat? 44b+k?

While i'm at it- 4A. Useless? Super rare but decent payoff? I very rarely use it(mostly by accident) and the backstep is so huge it usually will whiff. That said on hit or counter hit is it worth the risk?

4A seems like complete trash in this game, no stun on ch, no Combo, nothing. I havent used it at all till now...maybe i miss something.

For Guard Burst 66A+B is good, but its not really his strenght. But you can force him to Block it after KNDs etc...

Answers? I know nothing about stick...
Learning to use a stick really isn't that hard, but it's hard for me to be objective because I've always been a stick player, and have been playing FGs on them exclusively for 10+ years now.

Blisters/cloth: No. Don't worry about it. I probably exaggerated in some earlier thread when I said I was shredding my fingers. Light bruising at best, but as I've refined my technique, it's a simple, light motion now.

Learning to use a stick really isn't that hard, but it's hard for me to be objective because I've always been a stick player, and have been playing FGs on them exclusively for 10+ years now.

Blisters/cloth: No. Don't worry about it. I probably exaggerated in some earlier thread when I said I was shredding my fingers. Light bruising at best, but as I've refined my technique, it's a simple, light motion now.
Ok but you can do JF twisters reliably on stick? Cus on xbox pad u cant do the slide input reliably when pressing light.

Back