α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Ugh... Learnimg JG punishes should be treared like learning block punishment, go into training mode and see exactly what you get off of each move you JG.

How could I go about buffering 2143a:B on block/JG? Most of the time on a buffer I usually get an i15-i16 JF Twister, I've tried punishing Alpha Patroklos's 44B+K, and I can only punish it about 1/8 or 1/9 times.

Practice against cetain blockstuns, though I would say aim to be punishing -14 as a competent benchmark, though this is blockstun dependent eg:
Tira's GS 3B should be a staple jf twister punish
Generic 2K however I would not expect consistently from most alphas.

Yea I've been punishing the 44B+K which is -14, along with other attacks outside of training mode. I think I need to get the timing of when to start 214. I'm trying to do 214 during the block then right after the block 3a:B. Would that work?

Personally, I don't usually go for JFT. Sure the damage is good, and I can actually get it a lot of the time, but it is a little to risky for my taste. If you miss it, you are extremely vulnerable, and I like to play as safe as possible. So instead after a grounded twister I will just run up and try to get a 50/50 on the opponent. Most of Alphas 50/50s aren't that damaging, but a mixup like 1B:B or 33B mixed with 1A:A:A or throws can still be pretty scary. The only time I really go for double twister is when it will kill them and I have a huge life lead.

Personally, I don't usually go for JFT. Sure the damage is good, and I can actually get it a lot of the time, but it is a little to risky for my taste. If you miss it, you are extremely vulnerable, and I like to play as safe as possible. So instead after a grounded twister I will just run up and try to get a 50/50 on the opponent. Most of Alphas 50/50s aren't that damaging, but a mixup like 1B:B or 33B mixed with 1A:A:A or throws can still be pretty scary. The only time I really go for double twister is when it will kill them and I have a huge life lead.
I meant double JFT, sorry.

Alpha isn't broken, but definitely stupid good. He has:

Safe launchers
Best block punishment
Half-life high crush
Half-life+ wall combos
FC 2k
About half-life throws.
Stupid whiff punishment
Doesn't need meter
An aGI
And he's stupid safe.
And don't forget an 8 frame super.

It's hard to know unless you play a decent aPat offline. Online, most of these things cannot be seen.

Back