α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Press the second B just as the first attack connects / is guarded. Post patch its harder to do ( 1 frame window was it? ), but it can be done.

As for JFs I think his 1A:A:A is the hardest. His 2143B:B, ag:B and BT B+K : B can be done without much trouble, and JF Twister is just a matter of practice.

...Then again, all of them are. Lol.

1:A:A:A I find is pretty easy, all you need to do is find the rhythm of the timing. With much practice you can do them all; I'm finding 1B:B since the patch to be a real pain in the ass.

I've been messing around with :A:::G:::B: a lot lately ... so I put together a short video. I know a lot of the experienced players already know a lot of the stuff in the video ... but I'm not experienced lol ... so this is kinda out there for the newer to mid-experienced alpha players I guess

yeah, it's a cas. I hate the character patroklos quite a lot ... can't bothered to be using him. they really should've kept setsuka or featured a daughter or something ... not this patroklos crap.

anyway ... onto the video ... make sure you read the video description or read the annotations.

Man, so how bout that :A:::G:::B:?

How the heck do I do the fastest input? I just keep throwing... I'm on a controller with RT/R2 as block if that makes any difference.

Normally throws indicate you are doing aG+B - you have to release G before you press B. I'll do a tutorial vid on this as well...
In fact, fuck it:
Complete Alpha just frame tutorial vid is now in the pipeline - that's my easter sorted, lol.

Siiiick. Thanks a lot, Syn - Now I know what I'm doing in my off time in the summer...

Also, a couple more problems with agB...

When I get neutral A, do you know what is happening? I'm assuming i'm completely missing the G input, but it shows up on my screen.

The other problem is when I enter it as fast as I can and get a regular one, then enter it significantly slower and get the JF one. Then, naturally, I try to replicate the timing and it just won't work.

The other problem is when I enter it as fast as I can and get a regular one, then enter it significantly slower and get the JF one. Then, naturally, I try to replicate the timing and it just won't work.
I believe that happens because when you're doing it as fast as possible you may end up overlapping inputs; for the JF agb to come out you can't overlap the inputs.

When I get neutral A, do you know what is happening? I'm assuming i'm completely missing the G input, but it shows up on my screen.
This happens if you do the whole input as a buffer, as opposed to trying to do it from neutral. This can happen if you're trying to do, say, ag:B, ag:B in a combo, or 11B, ag:B. If you buffer the ag:B before you're in neutral, the game will put the whole sequence into the input buffer. The thing is, in order for ag:B to work, you must cancel the first animation frames of A with G, and then hit B immediately after. If you buffer the whole sequence, the A won't start animating until you re-enter neutral, in which case your G input will have been done too early to cancel the animation frames and allow the attack to work.

Lotta Sieg players hangin' out here eh...?

Thanks for that explanation b4k4. It allowed me to look at it in a different way. *to training mode*

So realistically what is the in game success rate for 1B:B for some of you at the moment? Just curious. I wanna learn aPat but it's the only JF that I to me seems unrealistic to land with at least 70% consistency. Anything lower than that and it's a liability as it's punishable on hit and block.

Its still my go to step whiff punisher by the edge - I have some more vids to upload and in one of them I get 2 of my rounds with 1B:B JF Twister RO.
I'd say I get it 80ish% myself. Still need to practice it more. =/

What the Hell is the timing on that 1B:B bastard Synraii ? Its pissing me off. I can't understand the time to build my muscle memory

Lol this is super vague because the motion is so fast, but try timing it around the time αPat has his arm parallel to the ground, give or take. His arm makes a little flinch (at least I feel like I see one) AROUND the time of the JF window. I feel like it's so difficult to explain once you have it committed to muscle memory, lol. "Just... do it?"

But yeah, try starting out with that idea, and play with timing, and you should start getting more consistent. Just be patient. Take a moment after you do it once or twice to think about the timing, and start building off of that. I dunno if you know this stuff already - just telling you what I tell myself every time I train for a hard JF.

As a Yoshi player the JF Twister is a joke for me cause it's like 214 3MCF so I nail it 90% no problem as I have a very high success rate MCF. It's that damn 1B:B haha. Twister seems more critical than 1B:B though so I may learn a Pat even without using that movement.

I got a little question about the B+K series, is there a break for the two variations or something ? Yesterday i used B+K,62A+B,66B+K and they avoided the last attack with Viola, it happened to me before a while back against Leixia.

I got a little question about the B+K series, is there a break for the two variations or something ? Yesterday i used B+K,62A+B,66B+K and they avoided the last attack with Viola, it happened to me before a while back against Leixia.
Small females have iffy hit boxes and sometimes the last hit of the series whiffs on them. I've also had this happen with both of the characters you mentioned. Not a "break," just a bug, imo.

I played a Mitsu CaS online the other day who was using the smallest possible female hotbox. The third hit of my 1A: A: A whiffed on her o_O.

In conclusion: small characters are cheap.

Oh so thats what it was, thanks for the info. I dont know how i feel about canned strings missing like that, thats kinda stupid.

Also whats with the 3rd attack of 1A: A: A being a break attack when it only comes out on hit, is it for show or something lol ?

Played Patsuka again after taking a long SCV, tried out the patch, and while 1B:B does in fact seem harder to do, it is doable as I was able to have it come out more times than expected. Now I'm trying to figure out at which height when the sword comes swinging down I should press the second B.

Also what moves does he have that are great for staggering the opponent? I figure 2A, 2K would be good due to their pretty fast start up, with an occasional 6K and 214/rising B to fish for CH combos.

Back