a Patroklos strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artoria_X

[09] Warrior
ok so to start I've been using aPat since scv released or maybe a little after I can JUST about 80% of the time and pull his combos off but lately after alot of training and just playing with friends I've noticed I'm starting to lose alot to people I know I can beat and have beatin before I know I'm doubting myself and that's playing a big part of it but I also have no strategies I just fight and block what I see coming
can someone good with spat help me build a solid strategy
sorry didn't have time to properly write this

Sadly a Pat's mix-up game isn't the greatest. I found it better to counter when your opponent leaves an opening.
JF Twister is a good counter but I am not sure if it is punishable or not. My advice is learn what moves are safe and can counter well, and find some way of getting some offense.

2363B

you winzzzzz
That's not particularly helpful.

Anyway, I can't play A-Pat well at all, but with him he has some of the best block punishing ability in the game, so learning what moves you can punish with Twister and 44B+K etc and practice managing them in training, then practice them against the people you usually play and see how that goes. His throw game is very good, so if they insist on just standing there when you go on the offense either throw them or throw out 1A:A:A to try and make them duck, which then opens them up to your strong mids such as 33B, FC 3BB etc

Sadly a Pat's mix-up game isn't the greatest. I found it better to counter when your opponent leaves an opening.
JF Twister is a good counter but I am not sure if it is punishable or not. My advice is learn what moves are safe and can counter well, and find some way of getting some offense.
Double post but I would like to say that A-Pat has a very good mix-up game,Twister is VERY punishable on block, it's -22 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Apat has faceroll safe launchers in 66B and 33B. Mix that up with retarded throws and 1AAA and you have all the mix ups you need. Twister is -22 and should be used more so for block punishment and combo filler. Maybe a balls deep read if you're feeling gay.

Well looks like I stand corrected. ^.^ Totally forgot about all those moves. It's been too long since I've played.
I happen to like using A+G ~ 8A+B B ~2A BE ~ 8A+B B an so on.
I was able to throw in at least 2A BE about 3 times. Don't know how many you'd get with a full gauge.

Well looks like I stand corrected. ^.^ Totally forgot about all those moves. It's been too long since I've played.
I happen to like using A+G ~ 8A+B B ~2A BE ~ 8A+B B an so on.
I was able to throw in at least 2A BE about 3 times. Don't know how many you'd get with a full gauge.
The opponent can ukemi to escape that. A+G → 8A+BB → 2A BE → JFT does about 95 and is guaranteed.

Apologies to be a dampener, but please refrain from creating new threads where unnecessary.
Please refer to the Matchup thread and Combo threads, as these will denote what strategy you need.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back