Abusive moderation on this site

I'll give thsi thread a week to be lock. But back to the main topic. I feel that mods make a site good, and if you're mods are lazy, rude, or just prue assholes, then your site is pretty gone. Take a look at Save sonic for example. they cry about ryan dummond not beign the voice for Sonic any more, and have tried to e mail, make videos, and phone calls to Sega. So that might be 8wayrun in a few months/years if this continues( hope i spelled that right.) guys. And that just a "what if" stroy of the path 8wayrun has taken for the past few months. But I'm just going to kick back and relax.

http://savesonic.all-up.com/forum.htm

If anyone was interested is checking out Save sonic. Take a good look at the pictrue for their site. It use to have a lot of threads, but I wonder what happen?

...S-U isn't talking about tournament results, he's talking about tournament turn-out. He even mentioned that Hilde's and Algol's actual game-play strength aren't the issue, it's how people perceive them, what they expect...

The second thing is how do we divide the players who "matter" from the players who don't? This is a forum, not tryouts for a national team.

What it sounds like to me is that S-U is saying the community needs to do something about the PR of Hilde and Algol (mostly Hilde,) make them seem less of an insurmountable challenge for the people who apparently have stopped showing up because of them.

Look, I voted for the Algol ban in 08, based on what the character *could* do. I was anti-VC back in the day and I panicked, shot first and asked questions later.

I did what I did to R1CH's thread in another forum. Not breaking your quotes up, shortening it so I can deal with it in chunks; sorry. =P

a) I respect this opinion! I respect his evidence! I've been doing stuff with it. But it's been said IN OTHER THREADS! Keep it in one place people. Swithin, you're right. He's been doing his legwork, which is why I'm worried; I want opponents more than I care about playing Hilde. But frankly, I don't know if those opponents are ever going to be tournament worthy anyways; if they don't want to learn Hilde, they'll call my next character cheap when I beat them every time anyways!! Why talk about bans if you won't even put in the effort to get better?

I'm only partly attacking S-U for cluttering the boards with threads we don't need. His information (useful info!) can go in threads we already have. Post it in all of them, I personally don't mind; if seeing more threads makes all you haters more comfortable, fine. But the mods have a limit, we all have a limit, and go past that line and they'll get locked and quartered.

I posted a question somewhere else: "Did banning Algol and not banning Hilde lose us players?" S-U is taking those first steps to finding those answers. If it's "yes," then...well, we'll decide whether we do something about it or not, or just let those players stop coming. A community dies without new members, but it also dies if it bloats itself with people that don't belong. Weeding out has to occur somewhere too, a hard fact of life.

b) I agree whole-heartedly with you. Contribution means more than just skill alone. But when people without skill contribute, the people with skill correct them. Or, as has happened a few times in my case, they test out my theories or find them later, when I'd mentioned it a few months ago. And the people without skill become better and better. Nobody's ever seen me play, and quite frankly, I'm glad nobody really attacks me for being a bad player; I'll get to see how really bad I am hopefully this spring break. (Sup Norcal!) But I've been contributing, I've been correcting some mistakes, giving my advice, and it's been the same as skilled players' advice. Must mean something, right?

That's how we separate. You make a name for yourself, or you talk without sounding like an idiot.

c) Go back to my first point. Weeding must happen, but we must also grow the community. Where's the balance?

d) Not going to lie, VC made me quit SC3. Yes! I am on the other side of the "Deal with it pansies" fence nowadays, but I just thought VC was ridiculous. I saw the vids and just didn't want to deal with it. (Ironically, I moved to Smash. Then went back to DDR. But never stopped playing SC2!) Obviously, I wasn't cut out for competitive SC3 play. Weeding, it must happen, even if I'm the one getting cut out. It stream lines a community, gives them a stronger focus.

Didn't help that CF felt more elitist than SRK, and THAT'S saying something...

basically, its just enforcement from what i see.

little situation
Person 1, starts something > crowd follows > goes out of control > Mods closes it > some other person restarts it > goes out of control again > mod closes it again, and makes a rule that such acts will have same results.

So does it mean that if its someone with weight tries to restart a thread such as that, it wouldn\'t be closed?? that\'ll mean zero enforcement within the mods, and will show bias against the other people, it\'ll be like, only the more well known names are allowed to speak.

kinda similar to saying a soldier does something wrong, gets punished, but if a general does the same thing, he won\'t?

overall, a rule has been made, everyone is to follow it even if you are the king or some world champion, or you\'ll fail to command the rest

just my 2cents

Back