Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

That's so true... I am wondering if it'll eventually change. Mainly reasons are: lack of general Aeon popularity and... well, Aeon-tier. I am still far from maining him because he does not fit my style. Before SCV came out I had hoped that he will be played similarly to SCIV Lizardman, who based his game on pretty strong pokes but since Aeon's pokes are really poor, I don't feel comfortable with him. I am still trying to find out how to play him, which is quite hard, especially since my main sparring partner is an Ivy player and Ivy can easily punish 66A...

Yes the threads are dead, but I am working on the Patroklos match-up for one of the other threads..idk if that means anything, but I hope it does. If you guys know the match-up then cool, if not even better.

Well, since I just went through the punishment list....Patroklos is already on there. All that work for nothing (-_-). Maybe I'll start on another character that isn't there....

Has anyone played around with 44A? I think its tracking was improved and recently I've been trying to implement it. Any thoughts about this move?

Has anyone played around with 44A? I think its tracking was improved and recently I've been trying to implement it. Any thoughts about this move?
Excellent damage for a stepkiller, but its short range and unsafety hurt it. Best used against people who enjoy spamming quickstep right up in your face.

Yes, I've used this move every once in a while. It's unsafety prevents me from using it regularly.
Best uses IMO:
I. Quickstep killer in close range
II. Delayed version is good for incoming slow high horizontals
III. Introduction to the fire dance after winning a round or match

Yes, I've used this move every once in a while. It's unsafety prevent me from using it regularly.
Best uses IMO:
I. Quickstep killer in close range
II. Delayed version is good for incoming slow high horizontals
III. Introduction to the fire dance after winning a round or match

I lol'd.

Also with 44A, last I checked, it can break guard. You have to hold it slightly but don't have to fully "charge" it. Some opponents may also not punish it due to fear of fly K, but be careful and don't abuse that. Fully "charged" version is also a little safer I think and does impressive gauge damage (can't remember how much it breaks).

I'll get back to working on the punishment list at some point, but right now I'm finding it hard to wanna play the game. I just personally really don't like the patch due to the backstep nerf in general and how the extreme unsafety (which isn't a word) of movement makes the game feel, nothing Aeon specific.

Feels like I don't even know how to play the game at the moment, since I still try and play like its SCIV/prepatch and then go get blown up by good people and I feel like trash. Admittedly I backdashed/turtled a lot pre-patch, so my playstyle itself needs adjustment. I gotta get some motivation and be willing to learn to play the game differently and learn from losses if I'm gonna stick with it.

Also with 44A, last I checked, it can break guard. You have to hold it slightly but don't have to fully "charge" it. Some opponents may also not punish it due to fear of fly K, but be careful and don't abuse that. Fully "charged" version is also a little safer I think and does impressive gauge damage (can't remember how much it breaks).

I'll get back to working on the punishment list at some point, but right now I'm finding it hard to wanna play the game. I just personally really don't like the patch due to the backstep nerf in general and how the extreme unsafety (which isn't a word) of movement makes the game feel, nothing Aeon specific.

Feels like I don't even know how to play the game at the moment, since I still try and play like its SCIV/prepatch and then go get blown up by good people and I feel like trash. Admittedly I backdashed/turtled a lot pre-patch, so my playstyle itself needs adjustment. I gotta get some motivation and be willing to learn to play the game differently and learn from losses if I'm gonna stick with it.

You know that the backdash nerf is the one thing that made Aeon better, right?

Alright well I am not sure if anybody has taken a glimpse at Aeon's Wiki info, but his fame data is incomplete. Is anybody going to finish it?

You know that the backdash nerf is the one thing that made Aeon better, right?

That's why I said it wasn't anything Aeon specific, I personally don't like how it makes the game feel overall with all movement being so unsafe, and again I backdashed/turtled a lot with how I used to play so I need to change my playstyle.

And back on topic, do you guys like/use 22_88K?

I don't care if steppin' in this game is generally unsafe. I step in the name of LUV with Aeon! :sc5aon1:"AAaalll!!! Rwaor!!! *Grunt* (Translation: Aeon says "keep on steppin'!")

I try to play him mainly as a spacin'/zonin', whiff punishin', defensive character. I believe he has all the tools to be a good zoner (aside from a good back-run, which REALLY sucks. His back step is okay to a point, though). It's probably not the safest way to play him, but I try to get by with it. You just have to be willin' to put yourself out there, and try to step shit.

At the last Gamecenter Ranbat in San Mateo, Cali., Manta showed me the potential in JGin'. I actually think JG is goin' to work wonders for :sc5aon1: because it'll open up his punishin' game even more! I can see a lot of 3B 66K punishes coming from this (dependin' on the JGed move, of course).

I am not sure if 3B is a legit option for JG since in many (most?) situations JG leaves opponent at -17, while 3B is i18.

1B BE, 44BAA is working wonders for me post JG for backwards RO. 6BB or 6B BE is what I use in situations where 1B and 3B can't punish.

I am not sure if 3B is a legit option for JG since in many (most?) situations JG leaves opponent at -17, while 3B is i18.
Just Guard generally leaves the opponent at 5 frames worse off than if you had normally guarded. Many break attacks are around -17 on JG, though. Still, because it negates pushback, you can use 66K or 6B BE.

1B BE, 44BAA is working wonders for me post JG for backwards RO. 6BB or 6B BE is what I use in situations where 1B and 3B can't punish.
Haha this what I do to! For the 1B,BE I'll usually use 4B+K instead of the 44B,A,A if it's possible. So many options! Lol

Haha this what I do to! For the 1B,BE I'll usually use 4B+K instead of the 44B,A,A if it's possible. So many options! Lol
I personally love the way 44BAA looks. It's like watch me pop you off the ground and fuck you up a little bit before I ring you out. It's also the only time I can succefully get in wall combos with the last hit for some reason. Any other time I try I fail miserably :(

Back