Aeon Video Thread

That is pretty helpful
Aeon is pretty interesting for me. I'm not very good and he's not my main, but I fought a guy who was really styling with 44K and I thought I could try that, too.
I'm not sure about being good at Aeon in general, but I've gotten pretty good at comboing into 44K. Heh.
And while I'm at it, here's a much less interesting video from earlier with a question attached
What happened at 3:13?

Aeon taken 2nd place at Shadaloo Showdown 2012. Here's some footage.

Loser's finals

Grand Finals

I like the pressure with 1B$. I think he could have done better if he utilized Aeon's spacing ability a bit more. A lot of the tools he uses are better off midrange, up that close there should be more 2A_2K_4K_3K IMO. Wakes were good, although I don't know why he used 22B as his mid instead of 33K, the 22B whiffs a lot on rollers.

Great job though, 2nd place at a major with Aeon!

New chapter from my project:

Soul Calibur V - Dovahrgonian - Elder Scroll 3 - Frame Traps:

Frame traps videos are kind of boring but necessary.

My friend has been extolling the virtues of 4B+K G, so I thought I'd try it out.
It certainly covers a lot of distance.

I'm going to play against a few Polish players (including Ring) tomorrow, so you can expect some of my Aeon videos (probably for the first time) in a few days.

vs. Ring's Ivy:

vs. Ring's Viola:

vs. entrop's Hilde:

I started playing Aeon seriously not that long ago (earlier I had been looking through most of the characters) but after tonight's session I think I finally realised how Aeon should be played. Now it's time to switch from ideas to actual gameplay.

PS Obviously, when we turned the camcorder off, me and Ring had some really nice matches (around 7-8 matches ending with 3:2 in rounds against his Ivy). Why does it always happen?

You're getting there. Already seeing some strong stuff from you.

It is the weridest thing to me that you all have seemed to mastered blind, mid field guess JG but no one is JGing strings. It's like... the exact oppisite for me. Can we trade? Or is there just a JG button on Polish perphials?

Of which, I swear I heard someone say "Lizardboss." at some point in the ring ivy vid, and since in all likelyhood I just heard a native word, I think that might automatically make the Polish language my new favorite language.

for some reason I can't view the Hilde matches. getting a "The requested video is not allowed to be played in embedded videos" error message.

We love blind JGs... :).

As for JGing strings, I actually haven't had much practise with SCV. Most I've been playing was versus so I haven't had time to JG things like that Ivy's 3-hit mid string or 1B BE (actually I should QS the 2nd hit instead of JGing). Ring, on the other hand, is playing SCV a lot (mainly online) so things like Aeon's B,B or Pyrrha's 66B BE are mostly useless against him.

"Lizardboss"? Which moment are you referring to?

@Bushido
That's because the videos are private. Try the following links:
link 1
link 2

Di_PL - 7:15. leezardboss. maybe i should entere the next ranbat as that.

http://www.twitch.tv/arcadeufo/b/320287730 - i have two matches, pat v. yoshi/cervy and aeon v. zwei. this has sound issues and the second match of the zwei match gets cut off, sorry
http://www.twitch.tv/arcadeufo/b/320297763 - rest of the tourney.

won ufo ranbat 6.4, used pat/aeon/eizo. aeon is still my main man <3 but I've been experimenting with supplemental characters to balance out bad matchups.

won ufo ranbat 6.4, used pat/aeon/eizo. aeon is still my main man <3 but I've been experimenting with supplemental characters to balance out bad matchups.

congrats.

What are some of Aeon's worst match-ups in your opinion? Are they winnable, or should Aeon users start shopping for a pocket secondary?

Right now the Cervy matchup makes me cry the most. Really, anyone that can both stand block and out gaurd damage (or has consistent anti-panic button attacks) aeon gives him trouble. There's rarely worse then 7-3 in calibur games just based on the way matchups work in the calibur universe, so i mean, nothing's unwinnable in that regard (i consider unwinnable to be... algol v. yoda in sc4) but damn I hate that matchup right now.

Ranbat 6.2 wasn't recorded, but Augustine's Cervy (and Nori's cervy in losers) both blew me up mad hard. I have not lost like that to any other character in tourney yet. Pat and (on paper) Eizo do much better due to being able to punish Cervy's tools harder, I honestly think Eizo is better at the matchup but my Pat is better just because he's overall a better character and i have more experience using him.

this one has sound problems but a 2 out of the three matches in it are me. second match is my aeon v. last week's tourney winner, Andrew.

the rest of the tournament was without sound problems.

Back