Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Hmm... does GI > 44B > 33ABK > 4B+K (tech trap) build enough meter for the full 2-bar 4B+K combo?

Ok, I was testing and I found a few things:
-If 33ABK lands with Algol BT from opponent, the trap fails
- If 33ABK lands with Algol face forwards and chair hits, the animation goes weird like the 66A+B tech trap, occasionally, usually on the larger characters
- On successful hit, doing the 4B+K tech trap into 2A+B > 3B builds the 25% meter, though you cannot use the meter (like his long-ass 196 damage combo [the one with nothing but 3B BEs])

well guys i just start today with algol.....and i saw some combo videos to learn, i made some mix of combos, the thing is i get one very good combo....maybe you alrready know, but here it is:

207 damage combo 2 full critical gauge bars:
-44B>4A+B(BE)>2A+B>A+B>QI B>3B(BE)>QI A+B B(BE)>3B(BE)>QI B>3B

found a guaranteed full death combo, midscreen that ends at a wall. the irony is i was so close to finding one with zwei (237 dmg, damn you), i picked up algol about a week and a half ago and have been working on finding one and boom, came up with it today. non techable, two full bars, and looks flashy as hell.

also found some unique wall combos and side throw setups, which actually change randomly and force you to modify the combos you're doing. actually great fun trying to guess what will happen. i will see about maybe recording some of this stuff

found a guaranteed full death combo, midscreen that ends at a wall. the irony is i was so close to finding one with zwei (237 dmg, damn you), i picked up algol about a week and a half ago and have been working on finding one and boom, came up with it today. non techable, two full bars, and looks flashy as hell.

also found some unique wall combos and side throw setups, which actually change randomly and force you to modify the combos you're doing. actually great fun trying to guess what will happen. i will see about maybe recording some of this stuff

at least put the notation of the combo

keep in mind, it is positional dependent on the screen if you'll get the end of the combo because you have to end up at the wall at the end

44b (as close to the opponent as possible), 4 A+B BE, 8 way run left (must be left, right does not work). as the opponent is coming down, stop step, they will bounce on the last ball, 66 A+B (all of this is 100% reproducible, just have to get used to the timing), ifc 8B BE, (recreates the old BE combo that was nerfed), 2 A+B, iFC 8B BE, 3B BE, QI B, 3BB

guaranteed death, no CH or Clean hits required.

ironically, this works easier on small and normal size characters, although i can get it on big hitbox characters, just harder to get the second bounce at the beginning

the only tough part is getting the 44b at close range like that...everything else is consistent, i can do it 98% of the time

very situational of course, but i like knowing its there. i have landed it by training them with 4B, then 66A+G a few times. then i'll throw out 4B, then 44B

or things like that ;)

besides, even without the wall, if you end the iFC 8B then 44b, its 211 dmg + on normal hit, more with clean hits for 3 bars

I've started using 44B → 66A+B → FC 8B BE → 3B BE → QI A+BB BE → FC 8B BE → 1A over the 3B BE ender recently. Comparable damage, no glitchy QI B in it, and 1A also counts as a tech trap for additional damage with 2K followup.

I've started using 44B → 66A+B → FC 8B BE → 3B BE → QI A+BB BE → FC 8B BE → 1A over the 3B BE ender recently. Comparable damage, no glitchy QI B in it, and 1A also counts as a tech trap for additional damage with 2K followup.

I am having trouble getting the FC 8B BE after a QI A+BB BE all the time, any tips on getting it down, because I like damage.

keep in mind, it is positional dependent on the screen if you'll get the end of the combo because you have to end up at the wall at the end

44b (as close to the opponent as possible), 4 A+B BE, 8 way run left (must be left, right does not work). as the opponent is coming down, stop step, they will bounce on the last ball, 66 A+B (all of this is 100% reproducible, just have to get used to the timing), ifc 8B BE, (recreates the old BE combo that was nerfed), 2 A+B, iFC 8B BE, 3B BE, QI B, 3BB

guaranteed death, no CH or Clean hits required.

ironically, this works easier on small and normal size characters, although i can get it on big hitbox characters, just harder to get the second bounce at the beginning

I think you can't land 3B BE B, after FC8B BE, despite that ,44B,4A+B BE,step left,66A+B is confirm combo after that FC8B BE can land opponent backwards

I think you can't land 3B BE B, after FC8B BE, despite that ,44B,4A+B BE,step left,66A+B is confirm combo after that FC8B BE can land opponent backwards

like i said, positional dependant whether you will get the 3b BE QI B at the end since you have to get them to a wall. otherwise, end with 44B, its still 3 bars, 205+ dmg if you cant get the full death combo. i knew i should have just made a video first haha

I find it interesting that stepping left allows the FC 8B BE to splat backwards, but right will always splat forwards. im assuming itll get nerfed.

I find it interesting that stepping left allows the FC 8B BE to splat backwards, but right will always splat forwards. im assuming itll get nerfed.
FC 8B BE still splats that way if it hits the opponent from the back or back left. Still very impractical, considering the standard 44B > 66A+B is not dependent on the range that 44B hits from or enemy character size and is only a smidgen less damage. Nobody is going to bother with 4A+B BE combos in a real match if it means risking the waste of a successful 44B launch.

Algol players....i have a problem with FC 8B(BE)...

in this combo 3B(BE)>QI B>3B(BE)>QI A+B B>FC 8B(BE)......the FC8B(BE) send the opponent to the ground as always....but....

in this combo:
-44B>4A+B(BE)>2A+B>A+B>QI B>3B(BE)>QI A+B B(BE)>FC 8B(BE)......the FC8B(BE) just hit the opponent in the air and don't send him to the ground......maybe is for balance?...bug?....?????

in this combo:
-44B>4A+B(BE)>2A+B>A+B>QI B>3B(BE)>QI A+B B(BE)>FC 8B(BE)......the FC8B(BE) just hit the opponent in the air and don't send him to the ground......maybe is for balance?...bug?....?????
There's a staling system used for certain launches. If you do 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE over and over in training mode, the A+BBs will stop launching after a few loops. Similar "launch staling" can be observed in Viola's combos and Hilde's loops.

There's a staling system used for certain launches. If you do 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE over and over in training mode, the A+BBs will stop launching after a few loops. Similar "launch staling" can be observed in Viola's combos and Hilde's loops.

well that's what i was thinking.....is a balance thing, like the damage scaling.....thanks for your answer ;)

Did read all about FC 8B BE and still zero success,can someone give me/us more hardcore tips about how to do it ....

Did read all about FC 8B BE and still zero success,can someone give me/us more hardcore tips about how to do it ....

nike__just_do_it_reasonably_small.jpg

So I found out that 4BA can wallsplat in air combos. Opens up possibilities like 22B/CH 1B > 2A+B > 4BA W! > 6KK W! > 6KK > 3BB or 22B/CH 1B > 2A+B > 4BA W! > 6KK W! > 4BA > 623B.

Back