Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I have the AI set to AC to the Back Right and I cannot get this combo to work. QI B either hits without the animation or can be blocked. o.O Could ya help me check?

Also can anyone upload the combo of 4B+K, 2A+B, FC 8B BE and CH 1B, 2A+B, FC 8B BE?

I can only get the latter on a really deep hit, due to the bubble launching really late. Otherwise it won't work. Is the timing really tight?

The 44B combo....I turned on the game and had the same issue....went to mess with the 4B+K combo and went back...and now I'm getting the 44B combo every time...(on pyrrha)

Edit:
hold on...I think I fucked up....if you do 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B in a combo they can ukemi the second 2A+B due to distance >_> FORGIVE ME.....this means the 4B+K combo I posted isn't a real combo

CH 1B > 2A+B > iFC 8B BE.....this does not work on max range hit. generally from max range only one hit will connect and it won't groundslam them in a way that allows you to continue the combo. at mid or close range this will work but you must be very quick, it's not really the easiest combo to do. damage for ending with a 3B after the B ranges from 80, to 90, to 96 if clean hit. I'm not sure why the damage varies even with no clean hit involved...

Here's one method I use to test new combos:

I set the opponent as Algol and I pick myself Pyrrha or Astaroth and I try to escape the combos myself.

Apparently, I've been using this combo as my go-to combo for catching a huge whiff or post Guard Burst:

(This is for 50% meter)
44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B (This nets about 150+ damage with possibility for a clean hit)

I have noticed that if I have more meter to burn it is usually not advisable to do so unless you will seal the round.

I believe that it's better to save some meter to go for some QI mixups with 3B BE, especially after knocking them down with a 66B, QI B, 8B+K K, or a 4AB > QI A+B B. This allows you to mixup between the safe mid that can go into the mixup again if you have meter to do the relaunch into QI A+B B. Most of the time the opponent barely has any time to tech out and then they have to guess getting hit Low or Mid, if you're too slow, you can try to catch their step with the QI A (but it hits high).

Just a thought!

When doing 44B, FC8B BE, 2A+B, 3B BE, QI B, etc. against Pyrrha, does she fall head towards or legs towards after FC8B BE? Cause for me either she falls legs towards and she can tech back before 2A+B, or she falls head towards and QI B misses. Maybe I'm not doing FC8B properly: after 44B, I hold 2G and when he starts to crouch I hit 8B.

When doing 44B, FC8B BE, 2A+B, 3B BE, QI B, etc. against Pyrrha, does she fall head towards or legs towards after FC8B BE? Cause for me either she falls legs towards and she can tech back before 2A+B, or she falls head towards and QI B misses. Maybe I'm not doing FC8B properly: after 44B, I hold 2G and when he starts to crouch I hit 8B.

This is strange, after testing the combo, it appears that the timing of the FC 8B BE can alter: the damage, the distance between you and your opponent, and you opponent's position (head or legs towards you). Apparently the CPU is able to ukemi a small portion of the time depending how slow you shot the bubble after FC 8B BE. When I recorded the combo and tried to escape it myself, I could not escape it at all, except when I was Pyrrha (legs towards Algol) and Astaroth (head towards but only a really small chance). For Pyrrha, I was able to ukemi, only to get trapped or the game auto-blocked for me.

Astaroth would only be able to avoid the Attack Throw animation from the QI B, but otherwise, it hit him.

66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB combo is a great setup for QI mixups so try that

new combos

44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (192/200/205/210/219) 100% meter timing of the FC 8B BE affects the damage, as does clean hit possiblity. damage ranges quite a wide amount and I'm not totally sure why

I was looking into this combo and there are some factors that lead to different damage outputs:

- Range between 44B > FC 8B BE ( too close and you might miss)
- The height of your opponent when you're doing FC 8B BE
- Clean Hit opportunities
- Counter Hit/Side Hit/Back Hit etc...

I also noticed that near a wall, doing 44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B works most of the time.

The opponent can really only ukemi if they get too far.

So, it's probably my fault, but I can't get this combo to work on most characters. Either they fall legs towards and tech back before 2A+B or head towards and QI B misses while they're in the air. I just enter the next move as soon as the current one has hit, which should lead to quick and consistent timing.

Apparently I was totally wrong about 4B+K not catching back ukemi/rolls, it does it off more moves than it doesn't. As for how practical this is in actual matches, probably not so much. But if you notice them repeatedly back ukemi/roll after certain things the reward can be huge. Here's what it works on:

These moves catch a back ukemi or back roll doing 4B+K pretty much asap:
66A+B - as shown in vid by PANDA posted in general discussion recently. Causes glitchy crap if they ukemi, can combo to BT A+B or quick turn around CE.
3AA
33ABK
44AA+B
3B
66B+K
6A+B

These moves you have to delay 4B+K to catch back roll.
22_88A
66B
6KK
7_8_9B+KK
6B+K

So, like. This post. I took it, and made myself look fucking retarded on live stream.
http://www.twitch.tv/crosscounterasia/b/312611556

Starting FC 8B BE right before they hit the ground seems to give the un-ukemiable head-towards algol ground stun more consistently. Also, you can end the full meter combo from 44B FC 8B BE with 44AA to build more meter and do slightly more damage. I've gotten up to 221.

Algol can now do 22B > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 44B for 90-96 on all the characters that can't ukemi out of 22B > 2A+B. You can substitute a slightly delayed 1A for a little less guaranteed damage, but it will catch all techs.

Starting FC 8B BE right as they hit the ground seems to give the un-ukemiable head-towards algol ground stun more consistently.

Ok, I'm able to get to that state fairly consistently (though for me it seems I've got to input 8B a little bit before they hit the ground). After that, 2A+B always hits, but they seem to be floated too low for QI B pretty much all the time. When do you input 3B BE? Right after 2A+B or do you delay it a bit?

I think it's a case of training mode being weird. For some reason, that part of the combo is much more consistent in actual matches than it is in training. It may also be more difficult on characters with very large or small bodies.

I think it's a case of training mode being weird. For some reason, that part of the combo is much more consistent in actual matches than it is in training. It may also be more difficult on characters with very large or small bodies.

I can fully agree with this because the 44B combo that utilizes the FC 8B BE was appearing inconsistent with Pyrrha and Astaroth occasionally, but in actual matches, it never dropped. I think that his may be part of human error that we may be unable to properly ukemi/air control at the perfect frame.

The training mode bug, I may agree because I was hearing over the Astaroth forums saying that some of the combos that led to 240+ damage in training, did not K.O in an actual match.

The QI B misses issue<--I think is due to the ukemi. when I turn the ukemi on , after 2A+B the opponent will bounce lower than ukemi off, causing the QI B miss. So, I think at some point of the combo you can ukemi but without any sign ir animation to show it. It also explain why in the real battle you can always get a full combo. because after 44b they will think it must a real combo that can not be ukemied, so they don't press any button just waiting you to finish

The mystery of the inconsistent damage on FC 8B BE combos.......I have found something

CH 1B > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 44B

if you do the FC 8B BE as fast as you can you should always get crappy scaling for around 84 damage. delay the FC 8B BE a bit to consistently get 102 dmg. timing doesn't seem difficult. this is pretty sweet

Haven't posted on this forum much mainly because I haven't been playing recently. Nice combos.

Anyway, you can't follow up with lots of possibilities after Algol's 22/88B, but if it lands against an opponent waking up you can weirdly follow up with a 4B, A into whatever for big damage. Not sure if you guys knew this.

I just realized that there isn't any excellent combos after a guaranteed GI, or a Guard Burst. Depending on the move used to Guard Burst, you can always start a combo with 44B, ( unless you Guard Burst with 22_88B, 22_88A, 8B+K K, 623B or any other high recovery moves not stated)

Here are some of the Guard Burst combos that I do currently for the most damage (this assumes that you are no where near a wall)

Meterless:
44B > 33_99ABK (84 with chance of Clean Hit - I think that this number is incorrect but I'll update when I do get the correct number)

25% Meter:
44B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 66B (120 with chance of Clean Hit - One thing to note is that you can also do this after a GI, but you have to be fast because you have 27 frames to hit them post-GI and 44B is an i27 move)

This combo is for QI mixups:
44B > 66A+B > 3B BE QI A+B B (104 - the only thing good about this combo is the mixup opportunity after the QI flip, especially if you have more meter remaining)

I'll edit/post teh rest later!

Post guard burst is one of the only times you can viably land a bubble juggle combo with 44B, so you can go for that if you're feeling yourself.

Some examples:
44B > 4A+B BE > 2A+B > A+B > walk forward > 33ABK is almost meter neutral and does 133ish damage.
44B > 4A+B BE > 2A+B > A+B > 214A+B is very difficult/impossible to escape for a little more meter, but doesn't build as much meter.

Unforunately the 4A+B BE is mega inconsistent if the opponent is anywhere but right in your face and completely on-axis with Algol, so it really only works after guard burst.

Combo Sticky has been updated in various ways. Some combos I consider pointless have been removed. If the combo does not have the best raw damage, okizeme, meter gain, or ease of use I deem it pointless. For example, 44B > 66A+B > CE is pointless because it does 30 less damage than just doing 44B > delay CE. The 2nd combo is not difficult and does much more damage so the first one is removed.

A couple noteworthy additions:
CH 1B > 2A+B > 66A/66B (57)
CH 1B > 2A+B > FC 8B (64, 70 on clean hit)
66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 66B (92) 50% meter
66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B (97) 50% meter

Notice that you can FC 8B in these situtations for higher guaranteed damage than the older combos. 66B gives a bit more meter and is easier though. FC 8B also seems to give a better oki situation IMO

The following 2 combos are new and made to deal with issues that arise when comboing NM and Asta respectively.
66B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B BE > 44B (128) 75% meter
3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B BE > 44B (159+) 100% meter

Also added an "Other Notes" section at the end of the combo listing

Back