Algol General Discussion/Q&A

66B (near edge but no ring out) ->3B BE for ring out. Empty brave edge Q flip, they have to be on the edge, and it can't be too much of an angle. Kind of risky since you will be falling out too, but they will fall first.

Something worth to note:

If you land a WR A, if the opponent attempts to press G to guard your next attack and you do a grab, you get a free side throw (the Gunshot to the Face) everytime since WR A leaves the opponent Back Turned ON HIT.

If they don't press G and try to attack you instead and you grab attempted, you get either a Back Throw or the Side throw.

If the opponent anticipates you throwing them, you get a free mixup by 4BA'ing the opponent instead of throwing them for better meter-gain/damage (using the iFC 8B/ QI A+B B/623B ender, or waste meter if desired)

Anyone got good ways of dealing with near end of the round mindgames/chip out strategies? I'm using lows/BB's/Throws but will sometimes not work and get me killed. What are your tips?

I am starting to learn algol as a third and was wondering what are his best moves to gain meter? I know shoryuken gains some meter.

I am starting to learn algol as a third and was wondering what are his best moves to gain meter? I know shoryuken gains some meter.
33ABK is his best meter builder by far. It can be comboed off 44B (range dependent vs some characters).

For your i16 punish, 4BA > 623B builds a good amount of meter (just below 1/4 of a bar).

33ABK is his best meter builder by far. It can be comboed off 44B (range dependent vs some characters).

For your i16 punish, 4BA > 623B builds a good amount of meter (just below 1/4 of a bar).

All right thanks. How about iFC 8B after 66B BE? I can never get the timing.

Practice it in training mode. Input 66B BE 2 (hold) as one command, if done properly, when 8B is input, you should get the "headbutt".

Something to note though, it's actually much easier to land the headbutt if a another move is done BEFORE 66B BE, such as WR B, 2A+B, and QI A+BB BE, the game appears to give you a larger buffer window to do iFC 8B BE.

Just practice the combo in training mode. If you do it too fast, 1 of 2 things usually happen:

- 8A+B comes out (lol)
- 3B BE comes out instead (you likely pressed 2 too quickly after 66B BE causing the game to do 3B BE instead lol)

If it's done too slow, then what happens is either an 8B (the jump attack comes out) or WR B comes out (game did not read an 8 input)

If you get B8 on accident, then you're doing it wrong.

One trick to learn it is to do it after a 2A+B (to launch them, perhaps as a CH combo with 1B as a starter), I believe that it gives you the smallest buffer window, next to 66B BE raw. when you get the feel for the move, then begin to practice the move using a raw 66B BE.

With proper mastery of this technique, you'll be able to do my combo:

[Note: the combo is done at the last round, which begins @ 1:40]

Video credit goes to Sephalump
(I can't record squat lol)

Hey guys, finally got a chance to record a match with examples of charging the iFC 8B in between moves. You'll notice that i was throwing out some random A's and B's and then I would do iFC 8B right after. It would be impossibe to do buffer iFC 8B within a single standing A. This was my first time really using Algol playing on-line haha

Back