Algol General Discussion/Q&A

Is there an easy way to get out of Algol's votex thing (you know... BT chair -> BT 1+2 loop)? Not that I experienced it yet, but I fear that one day I'll taste my own medicine and won't be able to get out of it. :D

All I know is just guard/GI A+B, stay on the ground, or get somehow closer to the wall.

Is there an easy way to get out of Algol's votex thing (you know... BT chair -> BT 1+2 loop)? Not that I experienced it yet, but I fear that one day I'll taste my own medicine and won't be able to get out of it. :D

All I know is just guard/GI A+B, stay on the ground, or get somehow closer to the wall.
You can backstep away to avoid the chair landing on you, which allows you to interrupt the back spikes.
The best way to get out of it that I've found is to simply sidestep continuously. Once you get all the way around him, he can't do backturned shenanigans anymore.

Either stay on the ground or step the spikes (don't remember which direction)

By Algol's counter I'm assuming you mean 4B+K. 4B+K will instantly catch any attempt at stepping, dashing, rolling, or teching backwards. Be warned that it leaves you vulnerable for a very long period of time if you use it without successfully catching a backward movement, and will often result in you taking a lot of damage unless there's a good distance between you and your opponent. For more general information regarding the properties of moves, you can consult the wiki here for information like frame data, damage, tech crouches, or other properties.

If you're referring to 623B, it GIs all lows and mids from F4-F14 and is a very effective aGI, but is highly unsafe on block and must be used wisely. For a list of strings that can be interrupted with this move, there's a thread here.

Thank you for the explanation. I was referring to the 4 B+k and your dead on. I guess it can be used to keep the person in check if they are trying to play a strong space game?

In Algol mirrors I've been able to 8B+K out of it.

I just dropped my main (Rugi) and am picking up Algol, already have a decent game plan and know some things with him (thanks to a couple of better friends) but any suggestions of things that I should incorporate into my Algol game?

Don't bubble all day like all the other scrubs. And be careful of 6BB(on hit)B, better players know how to handle it. I learned that the hard way!

I am someone who likes combos that you will almost never do online and I have found that 44B, then most bubble moves will lead to a high w! if positioned correctly. My favorite thing to do is a grab when they fall down to earth. Some of you all should try some stuff with like 4A+B(BE) after 44B into w! and tell me if you can find anything cool to do after. I get my new xbox soon and I need some fresh things to increase my overall style level online :D

He's really good, but I think I've only ever played one actually skilled Algol player. There are lots who are like 75% ranked, but absolutely all of them seem to abuse the hell out of :6::B::B::B: - it's very easy to sidestep the orb and get a :3::B: combo as a Viola player.

its not easy to play algol and win cause all his moves are quite easy to counter and are quite similar.
but if you manage to get the other player into a combo starter you can deal massive damage

Found a weird bug with 6BBB → Grab. Apparently if you get hit by the bubble when the grab animation is active, the bubble does a grab effect on you and you're momentary hit as though two grabs clashed.

DIME made a video of it.

Back