Algols hilde combo

spongebob

[08] Mercenary
Ok so its not exactly hildes combo but its the best sumwaht reliable RO combo ive gotten with Algol xD.

So far it pretty much works all the time if they tech right or forward:

It ROs from about the start of the big circle no walls stage (tower of remebrance summin i think) if you move forwards a bit for close range 3AA.

3AA 1K 2A+B aB 22B 2A+B aB (finish with 2b/11b if no RO) <--If they tech forwards. You can tell from i think they'll move in the air differently and they'll forward roll into the 22b. The aB will whiff a lot if you hit it and it doesn't RO (since the edge pushing the opponent back a bit preventing from ridiculous ROs)

3AA 1K 2A+B aB 22B 2A+B 66A (aB whiffs) <--If they tech to right.

Ofcourse they can get out by not teching but tehy'll still take dmg as none of it can be blocked. Useful on players unaware about this.

Any1 else got any good RO combo's for Algol.

are you playing on 1.02 or something?

aB > 22B does not work and never has
22B ground hit > 2A+B does not work in 1.03

are you playing on 1.02 or something?

aB > 22B does not work and never has
22B ground hit > 2A+B does not work in 1.03

Nope it is a tech trap you know. :p

Hey w8 when did you change your name to bubbles lol.

i got a new tech trap i learned and ive been geting GOOd ring out capabilitys.... let me try n wright it out...

1B~2A+B~aB~88A~aB(gota input this fast)~now if there near all or edge u can to 22_88B witch is another tech and form there u can do~2A+B~A+B (for RO) ...OR... aB (for wall hit)

NOTE:
(88A is the new tech trap i just learned.... for some reason 88A works for me but 22A doesnt.... go figure)

anyways i JUST learned this last night, im sure its posted else where on this sight, but its got alot of posibilities.... im happy :) have fun

This has all already been posted...
And a quick little addition for you's after 1B, 2A+B, D!, aB, 22_88A - 3AA tech traps too!!!
(D! = dash, if this isn't preformed 22_88A won't tech backwards/ back~left/ or back~right)
And if they stay grounded, 2A+B picks them up for round 2...
if the opponent decides to stay grounded after 22_88A tech trap, 2B will combo and a backdash or 2A+B/ 2[A+B] is probably best afterwards...
if 22_88A tech trap knocks them too far away for anything else, they still aren't safe because 1A will also trap them...
if 22_88A trap whiffs then grd or backdash depending on distance, and don't use 22B as a tech trap its only good for frame traps and "bubble breaks"...

ok

heres the best RO combo i could come up with
behold THE BUBBLE MAT COMBO(bet you cant tell who made it)

33B 4(A+B) 8(A+B) 6A+B 6B+K

you have to start 6B+K before the 8(A+B) hits

WR B, 4[A+B]-SLNC, 6A+Bx2, 8A+B, 4[A+B], 2A+B, 8A+B ~ RO (back)
WR B, 4[A+B]-SLNC, 6A+Bx2, 8A+B, 4[A+B], 2A+B, 8A+B, BT A+B ~ follow-up
This is my favorite combo...

WR B, 4[A+B]-SLNC, 6A+Bx2, 8A+B, 4[A+B], 2A+B, 8A+B ~ RO (back)
WR B, 4[A+B]-SLNC, 6A+Bx2, 8A+B, 4[A+B], 2A+B, 8A+B, BT A+B ~ follow-up
This is my favorite combo...

What does SLNC mean?

And i cant test this out so how big is the range of that backwards RO combo? I seem to do decent back RO's just with 4A+B 8A+B or 8A+B for ultra close lol.

IS WR B the only way he can get a backwards RO? Seems kinda risky to me unless you block an unsafe low or sumthing. I guess it cud work out of sum part from a long 33b bubble combo (8A+B?) dunno.

Right... 33B and WR B are the only ways Algol can right-out BT'd...
Also if his back is to the edge 66A+G will switch sides sort-of, 11A will RO, 2A+KA+B, 4[A+B], 2A+B, aB ~ RO (front)...
Best thing to do after 66A+G connects when your opponent is looking to Ring you Out, is Back Dash away and bubble shield... About his WR B combos, they're character and range dependant, and actually, Lizardman's wonky~ass hitbox helps Algol with his WR B combos on him... On characters like Vader, Nightmare, Rock, Asta, Zasalamel, and Voldo, you need to be in thier face to get the SLNC from 4[A+B]... But for Sophitia, Raphael, Algol, Apprentice, Yun-seong and the rest, You need to be half a dash away to get the same SLNC... Then, even if you get it, the entire combo is character dependant, Raphael and Amy are the ones my bubbles whiff on after the SLNC went through... Which is another reason why Amy is annoying (no WR B SLNC's!!!)... For the combo to ring-out BT'D, Algol can't be further than a full dash away from the arena edge... Any combo in which Algol's back is to the edge, and you can connect with 8A+B, you will get a RO... Another thing about bubble combos, if you use 4[A+B], 11A, and the opponent hits a bubble and gets launched, they can air-control, but if the opponent hits a bubble after they aircontrol, it get's nullified and you can continue the combo... After 4[A+B], 11A ~LNC, 8B+K will catch them most of the time, depending on how high they were launched...

lol dunno why im reviving this guess i want sum more discussion in the Algol SA :D

His best RO combo is (no techtraps, and carries from half stage+)

33B [4A+B] SLNC [8A+B] 6A+B 6A+B run forwards and aB just at the right moment. Doing dash aB still works but that means you have to cut your run so making it harder. So the easiest way is to just run - stop then aB...

Anyway you'll find if u do it from the exact position each time you won't ring out all the time. You can't do aB too early or else they'll kinda hit that invisible wall at the edge of the stage if u no what i mean. If you do it when they're just about to hit the ground it won't work too and you might just whiff. Its kinda hard to describe but basically the best way to do it is once you do the second 6A+B run forwards immediately and stop just mid way as they start to fall diagonally and aB. Its kinda hard to describe but u shud be able to get it constistantly after a while. Its a bit like a newbie doing Mitsu's MST 6B RLC A MST 6B kinda. You'll know exactly when to aB eventually.

(I did this against another Algol btw) If you get it perfect Algol will go out of the ring with that akwards sliding animation whilst screaming. If you get it imperfect but still get an RO Algol won't scream and his body won't slide as he goes out the wring.

So yh i tried it from that big open circle stage with no walls and got it from half way (and i wasn't even pushing them when i did a running 33B). It's got better range then that combo bubbles mentioned and not exactly sure but maybe the 1 oof posted a video about (where you just keep doing 4A+B and dashing forwards). Or atleast its a lot easier and more reliable then that.

Like I said ive only tested it on another Algol so far so sum1 might wana try other characters. I'm certain it'll work with other larger characters, or his size (e.g vader) but i've always had trouble in the first place getting SLNC to [8A+B] on the smalls.

Back