Algol's Top 10 Moves

PartyEagle

[09] Warrior
always thought these threads in tekken were a great benefit to the players, lets you get an idea of what everybody is thinking about on the char.

here are my top ten in no particular order

AA: 13f plus 6 on hit, really solid range

BB:15f hella range, plus 4 on hit, hitbox worthy of a king.

1B: completly underestimated move, god like range, ch gives stun into big damage, also plus 4 on hit...technically -13 but spaced right and they are not gonna punish you.

2A : your best friend as an algol player IMO. your typical 2A,but its on par the fastest move he has and is at +8 on hit...plus the fact that he can do 6kk, 66b,4ba, FC3b, 2b, throws... if this hits he can really force fear on the opponent.

4BA: your 16f punish. and by far your punish of choice(33b is 19f and 44b is 27f) leads to good damage both with meter and without. t can also be preformed from FC so if you block a low that you cant WRb your best bet is 4ba

3AA: your best bet for a tracking mid in closer ranged position. -14 though so dont just do it. i feel anti step is one of his weakest areas its pretty much this or 22A if you wanna keep em from stepping.

22A: anti step , +0 on block, leads into damage on hit, just kinda slow so dont use at point blank range

22B: guard breaks, combo on hit, good damage to the guard gauge and hella range. best SS punish imo

3B BE: this move is how you get damage. it turns moves like 1a 66b and 22a into combo starters, plus it hits otg and once you get them afraid to tech into 2b+k b this will destroy any grain of hope they had in taking this round.

66B: TC rushing move thats safe on block and can lead into big damage with just 1 BE, its BE version is also amazing combo filler and plus on block.

honorable mentions to his 1k 11b 4b+k 66a+gthrows(9f break window) dem bubbles.

1. BB/6B+K- It's still good. Supposedly the range on first B is nerfed and I see it too a degree, but it's still pretty troll worthy. I lump these two together because ultimately they do the same thing, 6B+K is more damage and KD but you can't manually control the hits.
2. 66B- Probably the most amazing buff they've given him. If you don't know why this move is good, you owe it to yourself to go into practice mode right now and play around with it.
3. 22A- Dat +0 BS anti-step mid. It really deserves to be as slow as it is, objectively speaking.
4. 1B- Your strongest long CH combo starter.
5. 4A+B/A+B/66A+B Bubbles- Yeah I bet you wished you had learned to GI bubbles back in SCIV when we tried to tell you that was the solution, huh, calibur community?
6. 66A+G - The addition of BT B+K makes this even stronger then before, particularly in a game where lots of command grabs now requrie meter.
7. 1K - Yes, Algol can mid/low rushdown! +0 on hit. CH stun from IV is gone but that's fine. Piddly damage but you need this to open people up.
8. 4BA- This is my main whiff punisher and main JG punisher.
9. 6KK- Wall splat ahoy!
10. WS B- I struggled to think of which WS attack to put here-- WS K is obviousily your low punish of choice in most situations- but WS B punishes whiffed grabs and highs when you crouch and frankly that's more viable in this game now that lows are across the board safer.

i think is better to punish evaded highs, blocked lows, evaded throws the better option is 4BA not WS B....because WS B is i20, and 4BA is i16 and you can do better combos with that IMO.

AA
BB
66B/66B BE
2A
44B
66A
Grabs
1B
Bubbles
Honorable mentions:
3AA
4B+K
2B
11_77K
WR B
4B, A
22_88A
FC 8B/FC 8B BE
WR A

6BBB
1A
1B
44B
66B (+BE)
4BA
623B (which is kinda overpowered)

that's all I do when I use algol lol

4BA is really a punisher only, you wouldn't use it in open play when you expect a duck considering you also have 66B, so I dispute that being on a top 10 list. :/

Death on block though and certainly not better than QI B.
Let me give you a parrallel:
TTT2 Feng: STC2 and STC4. +on hit low and Taggable mid launcher. The low isn't better than the mid, it just makes the mid scarier.

i mean if QI K doesn't exist the oponent never need to guard low, and guesing wrong the QI B....IMO QI K is the tool to train the oponent to duck, you always do QI K until they start to block it....then when they see Algol flying with QI, they will duck trying to punish your QI K, and getting a QI B > combo

I definitely don't think 1B is in the top 10. It's great when it hits on CH but the fact that it's slow and SUPER linear makes it an easy tool to deal with. It's best use: punishing stupid Astaroths who charge 66k

1B is good for controlling the longitudinal axis, specifically as a safer alternative to 4B+K for killing backdash but also as a CH tool for preventing run-ins. It's definitely a shadow of its former self now that it no longer stuns on NH and is unsafe but it's still pretty good. The biggest problem it has is that at its tip range the opponent has very little reason not to sidestep.

Back