Algol's Unique Throw Breaks

Slade

[14] Master
Algol has a unique little trick regarding throw breaks where he has three different break animations. One break has him stumble backwards a bit. Another one has him teleport backwards, a greater distance than if he stumbled. A third one has him teleport even further backwards in his throne. I'm not sure but the recoveries seem faster on the teleport and much faster on the throne teleport.

I was just made aware of this when a quick battle CPU broke a throw against me and I'm interested in finding what unique properties these different throw break teleports grant him.

I've noticed this too. I'm fairly certain that the throne one is the "late" break, that one would normally cause a KD for any other character. This is a pretty huge buff for Algol if that's the case, but I can't be certain without testing. I definitely got that throne one when i broke late, though.

It really sets him up for a lot of options, including bubbles, or a bubble then a sidestep counter with QI flip A. Maybe even 33ABK if you're feeling flashy.

After a bit of testing, I've concluded that fastest possible throw break (throwing opponent's hands off you) leaves you at advantage. Normal throw break (teleport backwards) leaves you at a slight disadvantage. Latest possible throw break (teleport backwards with throne) leaves you at a heavier disadvantage, but creates huge distance.

I've always wondered about this since I randomly teleported via chair one game.
Thanks for clarifying what does what here, cause, yeah, you have a huge gap, but...what do you do?
I guess it essentially resets the situation, letting you rethink your battle plan.

I've always wondered about this since I randomly teleported via chair one game.
Thanks for clarifying what does what here, cause, yeah, you have a huge gap, but...what do you do?
I guess it essentially resets the situation, letting you rethink your battle plan.
I like to either backstep and bait a whiff, throw out a 44B and hope they eat it, or do 1B, which has absurd range and nets a combo on CH.

I like to either backstep and bait a whiff, throw out a 44B and hope they eat it, or do 1B, which has absurd range and nets a combo on CH.
Might have to have a play about with this when i next get chance.
Still learning algol, trying to learn what to use where, this seems like a good tactic to have, three choices on how to respond to a grab, well four if you do nothing. :P

I'm guessing the frames are the same as everyone else's grab breaks its just that the visual effect is different and maybe Algol is further away after a throw break than normal characters, though I'm not sure.

Back