Algols worst moves

spongebob

[08] Mercenary
Algol hasn't got that many bad moves but post a list of a few you try to avoid using or you don't think are very good

in no order

1) 3BB its unsafe simple as. Although playing online i barely ever get punished 4 it so im trying not to use it as often.
2) A+K His teleport i never seem to use it right. Alot of the time i use it i just end up bieng put in a bad position or getting hit whilst doin it.
3) 214B+K (or A+B not sure) His only unblockable. Again since i play online alot u'd be suprised how often it hits but its still stupid to use against any half decent player.
4) 4B+K I never realised this move had any use till sum1 told me and then i suddenly thought it was the greatest move ever after trying it in training. It sux ure opponent needs to be walking back alot and the slightest sidestep stops u. I tried to use it a few times in a starter after backdashing but then sum other move comes out and ive never hit with it against a quick backstep (dunno if its possible wud require gud timin)
5) K6 - I just don't see the point of this move tbh....

4B+K: ive explained this one many times
66K: 33K is better, there's really no point
22K: yay lame high kick
4K/4[K]: lame high kick yet again. 4[K] stuns BUT your combos from it will actually do less damage than otherwise
most of his 8A+K stuff
most of his Q flip stuff
9A (jumping high moves are auto fail)

every one of those moves yall listed are good. I'm tryin to think what 66K is though, whatever it is I don't do it much or at all. About all of Algol's moves have a situation that it's good to use them in.
I will say that his 4B,A+B I haven't found much use for, seems kinda stupid to use that move. Moves out of 8A+K are unneccesary but can be somewhat decent. Oh and I haven't figured any real unblockable setups either, so that's probably his second worst move.
edit: i take that back, the unblockable is worse cause it's much easier to punish. most people will let you keep advantage at least when you do 4B,A+B. still trash tho.

Algol hasn't got that many bad moves but post a list of a few you try to avoid using or you don't think are very good

in no order

1) 3BB its unsafe simple as. Although playing online i barely ever get punished 4 it so im trying not to use it as often.
2) A+K His teleport i never seem to use it right. Alot of the time i use it i just end up bieng put in a bad position or getting hit whilst doin it.
3) 214B+K (or A+B not sure) His only unblockable. Again since i play online alot u'd be suprised how often it hits but its still stupid to use against any half decent player.
4) 4B+K I never realised this move had any use till sum1 told me and then i suddenly thought it was the greatest move ever after trying it in training. It sux ure opponent needs to be walking back alot and the slightest sidestep stops u. I tried to use it a few times in a starter after backdashing but then sum other move comes out and ive never hit with it against a quick backstep (dunno if its possible wud require gud timin)
5) K6 - I just don't see the point of this move tbh....

3BB? really now?

his teleport leaves him at neutral frames

it was me who said that spongebob. here's why 3BB is lame for those who don't know:

2B+K does about the same damage but is safe and a little faster
3B q flip B 11B combo does way more damage than 3BB for the same speed/range/etc

The only use for 3BB is if you are not feeling confident in your reaction for the whiff punish on 3B, or to make the opponent screw up trying to punish 3B q flip (which shouldn't be blocked in the first place ideally). In a perfect world the move is completely useless, but the Algol player may make mistakes so it's not completely useless in practice.

Yeah, that seems pretty logical. However, I like to use 33B after side-stepping since I'm already in 8WR- plus 8B+K is a pretty cool AT

it was me who said that spongebob. here's why 3BB is lame for those who don't know:

2B+K does about the same damage but is safe and a little faster
3B q flip B 11B combo does way more damage than 3BB for the same speed/range/etc

The only use for 3BB is if you are not feeling confident in your reaction for the whiff punish on 3B, or to make the opponent screw up trying to punish 3B q flip (which shouldn't be blocked in the first place ideally). In a perfect world the move is completely useless, but the Algol player may make mistakes so it's not completely useless in practice.

I have a question my ps3 is broken so i can't try it. How do you execute 3b with the flip move? When i first saw it in the movelist i could never do it unless i did 3b then wiggle my analog stick like crazy. I think its quite tight timin dunno but i still have trouble doing the ful 41236 in such a short time frame. I do it consistently sometimes but other times i cant get it all and i dn't really feel like screwing up my analog any more than it is from all the COD...

I saw sumwhere that it can be done by just 236b is this true and is it hard to do?

It is hard to do for some people. Maybe it's like riding a bike, hard to learn but once you got it, you got it. I don't know of a shortcut I think you can only do with 41236B.

41236B has to be pressed before the 3B hits

i think i have gotten it with 236B but it does not happen consistently enough to make me believe

Outside of techs and deep mind games on technical players i don't use 3BB carefree... doesn't it leave them FC?
33K = "Grinch Foot" and better than 66K [quote Tiamat]...
3AA i don't use much...
22K is +8 on hit 1A is now i15 after this - 11B is i13, but overall doesn't make the cut... fun to throw out from time to time...
I don't use throws other than 66A+G or very rarely B+G... not a blatant throw fan...
I use 8A+K too much maybe, but agreed its not too good...
44A?
8A? - [as Tiamat stated]
4K_[K] - I don't have time, but good for mind games... can it be shook out of?
3K - I need to use this more!!! damn muscle memory!!!
I can't think of a word for not quite rarely, but it would discribe how much I use 2B, although it's good, it just doesn't click... I do use FC B though for it's range at times...
I guess thats about it for me...

I never really use 2B unless its in combo or maybe oki, it's really weak and too slow to be a good interrupt.

3K is useful simply because it's algol's fastest mid. Some things that will interrupt BB will get interrupted by 3K. Also, it's a linear body attack so it can beat out a lot of auto-GI moves that BB loses to.

3A is -16 and good for mind games mid match, 3AA is -18 on grd - only good for killing step and tech traps it seems...
Whats funny to me is after 3A hits near a wall (just plain ol' 3A) 2A is a tech tap...

Back