Alice The Madness Returns

To be quite frank, I'm pretty sure anyone who says American McGee's Alice was a great game never played it. Did it have great atmosphere and awesome graphics back then? Fuck yes it did. Did it have anything else? No. It was a mediocre platformer that relied on shoddy controls and about a hundred too many jumping puzzles to impede you in your way and make the game artificially longer than it really is to be any good. The combat was nothing to write home about either, click madly on left button meant you won every single fight, even on the hardest difficulty setting.

Still looking forward to this due to it being much more closely related to the War of the Mirrors books than American McGee's Alice, but I'd suggest anyone getting hype about this game to think really hard about what they thought was good about that game and then see if they can come up with anything more than "good atmosphere" "nice voice acting" and "neat graphics for a game running on ID Tech 3".

Never played the first one so i can't really say it was good or bad. Although i do love the look of "Madness returns". Love gothic chicks lol.

Back