Am I the only one who

Fuzzieviking

[13] Hero
Just found out that you can influence the distance on 8B+K K by holding back or forward? that makes it a mix up from low to high and if they try to side step use the A button I had no idea until just now in practice xD.

This is pretty gimmicky though, and the risk is worse than the reward imo. Only time I find myself using updraft is for Updraft B force blocks and even then it is only +2. Oh never never never use Updraft A. It is so terrible.

This is pretty gimmicky though, and the risk is worse than the reward imo. Only time I find myself using updraft is for Updraft B force blocks and even then it is only +2. Oh never never never use Updraft A. It is so terrible.
Isn't Tira a walking gimick? its part of her charm no?

Mehhhhh she can be played ALMOST effectively if you poke a ton, but once someone catches onto the spacing of Updraft K and which way to block it'll get you punished. Then again I had some success with Updraft K back in my scrubby days online. Not sure how useful it is offline though. Maybe I'll try it out this week.

one of the things I dislike about soul calibur, so much poking, on a character as flashy as tira it teases you. I want to use movies such as up draft and 4BBB Why would they make moves that take so much vision and work from the animation team only to make them awful? Its annoying really.

Yeah one of the problems with fighting games in general actually. I mean I know a lot of casual players in street fighter that just randomly throw out ultras or people that casually play MVC3 and randomly toss out flashy unsafe specials and hypers because of how they look.
Sad fact is that most attacks that are flashy have a lot of movement which means moving further away from neutral stance, which in turn leads to a longer recovery. Tira is a pretty much an epitome of this since a lot of her attacks involve strange body movement. 4B:B:B is a slap in the face from developers on virtually every level beyond showing off.

In other news I look like my avatar, ggs.

I don't deny that it should be parry-able however So negative on block and not a natural combo is ridiculous.

Not to mention, as soon as he gets in the air, shes as predictable as a cev spam, best to stick with 3b and 88-22b

Good Cerv spam isn't easy to stop. =p
FC A+B Guard Break, 1K, 3A+B, 3B,66K,6K=all I use online half the time.

lol, with sets, its not to much trouble, A+B away!!!
But him getting a proper guess into a delayed FC A+B is 70 damage. =p
on topic, FuzzievKing try Updraft B after a NH WS B. I think they have a ridiculously tiny window to GI it and it Soul Crushes in 10 I think.

do you guys know how to deal with tira 44a gloomy
Offline it is unsafe, bait it out and block so you can punish. Online it is pretty much safe. The tech step is really good so it is pretty hard to actually hit her out of it even with some horizontals.

Actually I just checked the wiki and it is a whole -17(!). That is very unsafe, and she only gets a 40 damage and a knock down. The step is very good so the move has uses but it shouldn't be one of your most used moves. A lot of characters get just as much damage for blocking it. You're better off using Gloomy B+K, an actual step, 6K, or iWS K.

I dont use her, But I hate when its used against me online, for some dumb reason I always get hit by it. :(

Yeah you do get hit by it a lot :') but it is next to useless because it's really unsafe even online it's not a great move :/ and as for updraft that move really doesn't work on anyone high level and is even more useless offline xD

Back